Page 128 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I did. Some of us are merely skeptical with this notion of being suuuper respectful to both continuity and Kate Summers. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever for anyone in Shi'ar space to clone her/use her DNA as a template for anything back in the days. You'd have to retcon her into being a mutant whose powers never manifested/only manifested when she died and that would just be stu...

Oh. Nevermind.
    Ohhh that would be rad. And a brilliant idea.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Ohhh that would be rad. And a brilliant idea.
    Seems like the most obvious retcon that wouldn't involve Sinister and an additional truckload of unspeakable things happening to Kate Summers, really.

Seems like the most obvious retcon that wouldn't involve Sinister and an additional truckload of unspeakable things happening to Kate Summers, really.

It would be cool if the true power of the summers family comes from Kate

A truckload of unspeakable things happening in the name of giving a story to Adam X. What makes it even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    It would be cool if the true power of the summers family comes from Kate
    1. A somewhat funny trolling of Sinister, I suppose, since it would mean he's been obsessing with a bloodline of regular badasses who just happen to be genetically hyper-compatible with the crazy powerful.

2. If they indeed go for the hidden-mutant-all-along route, I think it would be more about giving Kate a moar actiony send-off than genetic inheritance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    A truckload of unspeakable things happening in the name of giving a story to Adam X. What makes it even worse.
    If this story turns out to be in continuity, I can't think of anything that would even vaguely resemble a best case scenario. A zombie Kate Summers being used as a genetic template for an Adam-X test tube baby (or clone???) in case Vulcan doesn't pan out?

1. A somewhat funny trolling of Sinister, I suppose, since it would mean he's been obsessing with a bloodline of regular badasses who just happen to be genetically hyper-compatible with the crazy powerful.

2. If they indeed go for the hidden-mutant-all-along route, I think it would be more about giving Kate a moar actiony send-off than genetic inheritance.

If this story turns out to be in continuity, I can't think of anything that would even vaguely resemble a best case scenario. A zombie Kate Summers being used as a genetic template for an Adam-X test tube baby (or clone???) in case Vulcan doesn't pan out?

The story is in canon

BANNED

Zombie Kate Summers... whoa. Going for the Romero path here.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 11-19-2020 at 05:20 PM.

I always thought that they should retcon that Scotts mom is still alive somewhere, and possibly villainous now and a really powerful mutant. I always thought she was the old money.

I sent a tweet to jay eddin on Twitter about the character Chaos “Daniel Dash” and he put him in the podcast!!!! And explained His connections to the Summers family

https://twitter.com/NotLasers/status...817029633?s=20

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2020/1...elings-alaska/
    Last edited by gambitxremy; 11-16-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I always thought that they should retcon that Scotts mom is still alive somewhere, and possibly villainous now and a really powerful mutant. I always thought she was the old money.
    Please god no.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I think that sometimes the good dead loved ones of the characters, should remain both dead and good.

All around we see superheroes finding out that their dead parents weren't good people, on DC we have Jor-El both alive and evil-ish, Thomas Wayne both as an evil alternate version and the main one as a possible corrupt that pretended to be a good guy.
    On Marvel we have Gwen Stacy banging Norman Orborn and 80% of Marvel characters having some sort of abusing parent.

So let Kate Summers be just a dead loving mother, it actually set her apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I think that sometimes the good dead loved ones of the characters, should remain both dead and good.

All around we see superheroes finding out that their dead parents weren't good people, on DC we have Jor-El both alive and evil-ish, Thomas Wayne both as an evil alternate version and the main one as a possible corrupt that pretended to be a good guy.
    On Marvel we have Gwen Stacy banging Norman Orborn and 80% of Marvel characters having some sort of abusing parent.

So let Kate Summers be just a dead loving mother, it actually set her apart.
    I would love it. If we found out the shi’ar had more hybrids based on Kate

Can't believe no one's joked about Adam-X being retconned into being a *clone* of Kate.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Can't believe no one's joked about Adam-X being retconned into being a *clone* of Kate.
    That's a very scary thought.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Adam-x is going to be like how Nate grey and xandra Were born