Page 134 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You’re right, the breach in the Code of Ethics…
    Xavier in movies and cartoon series is represented in a much "cleaner" way than in comics, in comics he has always been a very questionable figure.

Amazing Member

Exactly, the Xavier of film and cartoon is a very different Professor. Rereading Clairmont run, its like he didn't see how horrible he was writing Xavier and probably still doesn't see it. He used telepathy as a therapist on a woman, states that Xavier and Magnito have to help her "bridge the gap from childhood to adultood" or something along those lines, and Cyke leaving his home to see Jean (not date, but see) ruins his ability to be a hero? Xavier even admits its wrong in his mind but "oh well, we both want it". Or what Xaviers "dark side" does to Dani and Kitty in X-Men and the Micronauts? Something i can't remember seeing any other telepath do. I mean read that crossover event and compare the "dark" things different heros do woth Xaviers in that story. The "dark side" of Xavier just comes off as some weird way of absolving him for what he does...in a way that just feels really like a man rationalizing his sins.

The only difference is that Scott was not written by him. That's why he hates it. Really, there is no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier in movies and cartoon series is represented in a much "cleaner" way than in comics, in comics he has always been a very questionable figure.
    Xavier is pretty shady in Evolution, given everything he knows and neglects to tell his students. Minor things like "Your high school principal is Mystique" and "I have an evil brother who wants me dead and who is pretty much unstoppable."
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Xavier is pretty shady in Evolution, given everything he knows and neglects to tell his students. Minor things like "Your high school principal is Mystique" and "I have an evil brother who wants me dead and who is pretty much unstoppable."
    Yeah, but not the levels of the comics.

Amazing Member

Read X-Men and the Micronauts then Uncanny X-Men #161. Evolution Xavier is a Saint in comparison, because...well...children's show.
    Last edited by Cyked; 11-23-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Can't believe no one's joked about [Not-Scott Summers] might have wildly inappropriate sexual intercourse with his patients, but dang it, he would do it for the right reasons.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Can't believe no one's joked about [Not-Scott Summers] might have wildly inappropriate sexual intercourse with his patients, but dang it, he would do it for the right reasons.
    Or 15 year old ward...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    Or 15 year old ward...
    This is too much.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    This is too much.
    Read X-Men and the Micronauts, what he tries to do to Kitty (well Kitty's body possessed by Marvel's version of Lord Vader which is...just....something else all together) but its the page with Dani that is really horrifying. The story does one of those "Dark Xavier" similar to Onslaught things BUT they make it clear its just all the bad parts of Xavier coming to the surface and doing what it wants. So while some characters have selfish or unheroic moments (Cyke walks out on Maddie, Jean and Logan kiss while Jean is married), Xavier.....god Xavier. That story ends with Xavier essentially going "yea we all have our dark parts, let's just hope we can keep them in check" or something like that, and everyone smiles. THAT was written by Claremont, for me Claremont ruined Xavier with 2 stories.

Note: I'm not trying to play down what happens with Kitty's body by any measure. Its just the Dani page just stands out in my mind personally.
    Last edited by Cyked; 11-23-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Read X-Men and the Micronauts, what he tries to do to Kitty (well Kitty's body possessed by Marvel's version of Lord Vader which is...just....something else all together) but its the page with Dani that is really horrifying. The story does one of those "Dark Xavier" similar to Onslaught things BUT they make it clear its just all the bad parts of Xavier coming to the surface and doing what it wants. So while some characters have selfish or unheroic moments (Cyke walks out on Maddie, Jean and Logan kiss while Jean is married), Xavier.....god Xavier. That story ends with Xavier essentially going "yea we all have our dark parts, let's just hope we can keep them in check" or something like that, and everyone smiles. THAT was written by Claremont, for me Claremont ruined Xavier with 2 stories.

Note: I'm not trying to play down what happens with Kitty's body by any measure. Its just the Dani page just stands out in my mind personally.
    Even many full on villains look good compared to Micronauts Xavier.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I guess crossovers dont count.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Even many full on villains look good compared to Micronauts Xavier.
    Exactly, its why Claremont's war on Cyke makes me rather frustrated. I know I owe the man so much for all he's done but the Cyke bashing just gets old. I thought for decades I was the lone Cyke fan in the world. That most Cyke merch sold was more to pad out other people's X-Collections vs being my main focus. This thread has been nice to know I'm not alone. I don't say much but I read here often to learn, and see others see what I feel and know I'm at least not alone.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

I guess crossovers dont count.
    .....how old is that bit of sanity?! (the tumbler comic)

https://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/day/2014/12/10

Apparently six years ago in December.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.