Page 15 of 149 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/cyclops/biography

Meanwhile, once Emma realized Sinister had based the brainwaves of his "perfect" species of clones off of Cyclops (for tactical brilliance),
    Reading this really hammers in the idea that BMB's OC5 was really just a gimmick for sales. I dislike BMB's writing, but you really gotta appreciate the dude's entrepreneurial spirit.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Salute to the OG!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...-actor-a173040

I'm just hoping the MCU can work its magic on Cyke--- but part of me also wants to drop the MCU after Endgame. While not a stellar movie, Endgame definitely delivered as much fanservice as it could & ended the storylines of the peeps that carried the MCU for the past decade, and I don't know if the incoming phases can still pepper its movies with that same spice. When are the X-Men coming, anyways? I seem to recall seeing a poster of the movies for Phase...er...4(?), and there were no X-Men (or even F4) announced.
    Yeah, I hope Scott finally gets treated well. I have high hopes but almost equal worries as well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I expect phase 4 will drop teasers only. Maybe some mention of mutants, maybe even a stinger eventually but not until we near the change to phase 5. Likely a mutant villain or a disastrous manifestation first to lay the groundwork for anti mutant hysteria.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I remember Scott chilled out a lot in the 90's and he became warmer and more open with his teammates. Did you like that era for Scott? . Or do you think it was boring? Do you prefer Scott more uh, anti-social for lack of a better word and I don't mean it as an insult at all. I imagine this aspect of his is because of losing his parents and contact with his brother so young and growing up in an orphanage and to fend off bullies on top of it. He wasn't lucky enough to be adopted like Alex, sadly.

I had a couple of images I was going to post but I forgot what happened with Tinypic. Booo!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-06-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember Scott chilled out a lot in the 90's and he became warmer and more open with his teammates. Did you like that era for Scott? . Or do you think it was boring? Do you prefer Scott more uh, anti-social for lack of a better word and I don't mean it as an insult at all. I imagine this aspect of his is because of losing his parents and contact with his brother so young and growing up in an orphanage and to fend off bullies on top of it. He wasn't lucky enough to be adopted like Alex, sadly.

I had a couple of images I was going to post but I forgot what happened with Tinypic. Booo!
    I just wanna see Scott acting like a leader again instead of the enforcer. And-- assuming no retcons happened (HAH!)-- to find out why he's kumbaya-ing with all these traitors again /s.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I loved Scott in the extinction era.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember Scott chilled out a lot in the 90's and he became warmer and more open with his teammates. Did you like that era for Scott? . Or do you think it was boring?
    90s Scott was awesome. He and Jean finally grew up and got their **** together. He'd self-actualized.

The problem with 90s Scott was that Marvel editorial wasn't willing to let him truly age and grow further. Lobdell wanted him and Jean to have baby Rachel, but Harras nixed it. The 12 years Scott and Jean spent in the future raising Nathan were quickly forgotten about. Technically, when they returned to the present, they were middle-aged people put back into young bodies. Marvel never did anything with that.

IMO, the logical arc for Scott was to either, along with Jean, take over the institute from Xavier or strike out on their own to form a team. Either way, they'd transition into being "elder statesmen" mentor figures. Their story would shift from personal drama to their role in the mutant movement and how they interact with the broader world. They'd be the mature grown-ups in the books with less developed characters becoming the focus of the drama. Steve Seagle and Joe Kelly started in that direction, but editorial nixed their plans, too.

BANNED

Do you guys think that when marvel will use the x-men in the mcu do you see them putting Scott on the spotlight as the franchise star or they will put wolverine on a pedestal and scott will be neglected again like he was when fox had the rights?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Marvel won't repeat Fox's mistake to make the franchise all about Wolverine. The fact they managed to make hits out of obscure characters like the GotG shows they don't have to put all their eggs in one basket, and if they can make Starlord, Ant-Man and Gamora (and probably soon enough Eternals and Shang-Chi) major names, they can easily do the same with Cyclops, Storm, Kitty, Beast, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Do you guys think that when marvel will use the x-men in the mcu do you see them putting Scott on the spotlight as the franchise star or they will put wolverine on a pedestal and scott will be neglected again like he was when fox had the rights?
    I don't know about Scott being the, or even a, star, but I doubt they will center so much on Wolverine, with the only breaks being waangst between Magneto and Charles. Expect Wolverine to be a focus character though. He is the most well known member of the team, after all. So long as that isn't done to the detriment of the others, I'm ok with that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Marvel won't repeat Fox's mistake to make the franchise all about Wolverine. The fact they managed to make hits out of obscure characters like the GotG shows they don't have to put all their eggs in one basket, and if they can make Starlord, Ant-Man and Gamora (and probably soon enough Eternals and Shang-Chi) major names, they can easily do the same with Cyclops, Storm, Kitty, Beast, etc.
    I'd like to think DisMarvel is a bit more competent in developing characters compared to Fox. DisMarvel took the chance with relatively unknown IPs to non-comicbook readers (GotG, Dr Strange, and now the Eternals), while Fox immediately gravitated to its most marketable actors (Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, JLaw). I doubt Cyke will be the focus, but at least he'll have a better showing than an off-screen death scene.

What I'm curious about is which storylines the MCU will use. I don't know if they'll be so willing to do any Apocalypse or Phoenix this soon. Especially the latter, as this would be the third time it'll be done.

I'd be pumped if they started with something relatively obscure like Second Genesis. Imagine Cyke, after escaping Krakoa, tells Xavier the X-Men aren't dead, but trapped, and Prof X enlists help from the Avengers to rescue his students. I'd think this would also allow a younger set of actors to fill the X-Men roles, so DisMarvel could have another 10 years of X-Men stories on film without worrying about their actors ageing too much.

And as this cast ages, we could see more generations of X-Men joining the party.
    Let your wallet talk.

Look who won my Krakoa Hunger Games!

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'd like to think DisMarvel is a bit more competent in developing characters compared to Fox. DisMarvel took the chance with relatively unknown IPs to non-comicbook readers (GotG, Dr Strange, and now the Eternals), while Fox immediately gravitated to its most marketable actors (Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, JLaw). I doubt Cyke will be the focus, but at least he'll have a better showing than an off-screen death scene.

What I'm curious about is which storylines the MCU will use. I don't know if they'll be so willing to do any Apocalypse or Phoenix this soon. Especially the latter, as this would be the third time it'll be done.

I'd be pumped if they started with something relatively obscure like Second Genesis. Imagine Cyke, after escaping Krakoa, tells Xavier the X-Men aren't dead, but trapped, and Prof X enlists help from the Avengers to rescue his students. I'd think this would also allow a younger set of actors to fill the X-Men roles, so DisMarvel could have another 10 years of X-Men stories on film without worrying about their actors ageing too much.

And as this cast ages, we could see more generations of X-Men joining the party.
    We also need to consider how they plan to fit the X-Men in with the rest of the MCU. If they want to use Storm as a romantic interest for T'Challa, the characters will need to be similar in age, for example.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I feel like we'll get most of the team being mid-to-late 20s with maybe one or two younger teenage characters(do they use Kitty for this again? Might be better skip ahead to Morrison-era and up characters, IMO) because if they're gonna be serious about X-Men, then they'll at least have to stand on somewhat-equal footing with the Avengers/GotG and you can't really do that if the X-Men are a good decade younger.

I hate that this is making me think of what my roster would be for the MCU movie, lol.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Cyclops had so many costumes but I was never completely crazy about one in particular. However, when I saw this statue, I immediately had to have it. Simplistic but at the same time intense.

Wish I could take better pictures, but this guy is really impressive in person

IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg