Page 20 of 149 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    So other than Cyclops, Wolverine and Nightcrawler, who’s had some misgivings over the way of things on Krakoa?
    Mystique.

Kitty, presumably, because she thinks Xavier is a jerk.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Mystique.

Kitty, presumably, because she thinks Xavier is a jerk.
    It might be better to day that Krakoa has some misgivings about Kitty. Insert snarky comment here, or maybe she could just walk through walls into some secret she isn't supposed to find out?
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hey does anyone know if Hickman ever talked about why he chose Cyclops as the lead character for his x-men run and his thoughts on the character? I've seeen a lot of interviews, but never seen him talk specifically about the character.
    Yeah, that needs to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hey does anyone know if Hickman ever talked about why he chose Cyclops as the lead character for his x-men run and his thoughts on the character? I've seeen a lot of interviews, but never seen him talk specifically about the character.
    He talked about how now that he doesn't have to govern, just lead, he can afford to be the guy that believes again.

By the way, now our boy has a kick ass sith sword.

Scott's embracing his inner Jedi.

Lightsaber! Yeaaaah boy!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Two thoughts
    1. I'm stoked that Cyclops apparently gets a sword again, its was one of the best (and few good) things to come from Tyke
    2. The fact that none of us who post or lurk on this forum came up with Scott using the Sith lightsaber considering his power and the number of times someone brought up him getting a sword after his Tyke experiences saddens me... Not too much, because he got a mother-fucking lightsaber, but still

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Scott's embracing his inner Jedi.

Lightsaber! Yeaaaah boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Two thoughts
    1. I'm stoked that Cyclops apparently gets a sword again, its was one of the best (and few good) things to come from Tyke
    2. The fact that none of us who post or lurk on this forum came up with Scott using the Sith lightsaber considering his power and the number of times someone brought up him getting a sword after his Tyke experiences saddens me... Not too much, because he got a mother-fucking lightsaber, but still
    Cyke's hand-to-hand skills are barely acknowledged, recently. I'm calling hype-bait on Cyke wielding a sword :x
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Two thoughts
    Ahem. I had. Kind of. For a long time.

It was related to upgrade of his powers.

1. He could force the optic blast inwards in his body through his eyes instead of just blasting outward, which would give him superstregth, superspeed and superdurability. Giving his body a reddish-pinkish glow and turning his hair whatever the mixture of brown and red gives you. Super Saiyan Scarlet, that's exactly what it would be. But to not make it so overpowered I would limit the use to only a few minutes at most at a time.

2. After that, he could force the beams out of pretty much any part of his body and maintain them around the part. He would usually use it like Psylocke's psi-knife.

3. He would have a sword-like stick made of Ruby quartz that could channel the optic beams the same way his body does, giving him longer range that the knife. So he would have a sword that only he can use.

If only I had the determination to put all these ideas into a fanfiction...

Cyke's hand-to-hand skills are barely acknowledged, recently. I'm calling hype-bait on Cyke wielding a sword :x
    Sad but true.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Ahem. I had. Kind of. For a long time.

It was related to upgrade of his powers.

1. He could force the optic blast inwards in his body through his eyes instead of just blasting outward, which would give him superstregth, superspeed and superdurability. Giving his body a reddish-pinkish glow and turning his hair whatever the mixture of brown and red gives you. Super Saiyan Scarlet, that's exactly what it would be. But to not make it so overpowered I would limit the use to only a few minutes at most at a time.

2. After that, he could force the beams out of pretty much any part of his body and maintain them around the part. He would usually use it like Psylocke's psi-knife.

3. He would have a sword-like stick made of Ruby quartz that could channel the optic beams the same way his body does, giving him longer range that the knife. So he would have a sword that only he can use.

If only I had the determination to put all these ideas into a fanfiction...
    As interesting as evolving Cyke's optic blast would be, I'd actually like to see his energy absorption revisited and developed. Specifically, in two ways:
    1) Photosynthesis. Basically, imagine a Cyke that does not need to eat or sleep. How much work could he actually achieve when he has limitless energy?
    2) Enhanced physical abilities. I've toyed with this idea in my drabbles-- specifically, relating it to one of my OCs, a powerless AU daughter of Cyke and Wanda's. I think, if Cyke were ever to have his own solo series, this possible aspect to his powers needs to happen, if only to solve the whole "putting up a fight against antagonists above his weight class without having to call an X-Man to step-in" issue. He doesn't have to be invulnerable, but just durable enough to actually tank hits instead of being the glass cannon he always seems to be presented as. Add in his downplayed hand-to-hand skills. . . . . . . . . . . . . . yeah, I really miss the days when Cyke's battle strength wasn't defined by his ability to fire an optic blast :x

Granted, to Hickman's credit, the recent issue where Cyke and Gorgon whooped ass was sweet.
    Let your wallet talk.

As interesting as evolving Cyke's optic blast would be, I'd actually like to see his energy absorption revisited and developed. Specifically, in two ways:
    1) Photosynthesis. Basically, imagine a Cyke that does not need to eat or sleep. How much work could he actually achieve when he has limitless energy?
    2) Enhanced physical abilities. I've toyed with this idea in my drabbles-- specifically, relating it to one of my OCs, a powerless AU daughter of Cyke and Wanda's. I think, if Cyke were ever to have his own solo series, this possible aspect to his powers needs to happen, if only to solve the whole "putting up a fight against antagonists above his weight class without having to call an X-Man to step-in" issue. He doesn't have to be invulnerable, but just durable enough to actually tank hits instead of being the glass cannon he always seems to be presented as. Add in his downplayed hand-to-hand skills. . . . . . . . . . . . . . yeah, I really miss the days when Cyke's battle strength wasn't defined by his ability to fire an optic blast :x

Granted, to Hickman's credit, the recent issue where Cyke and Gorgon whooped ass was sweet.
    I miss the days when his optic blasts used to be dangerous, and when he had epic aiming skills.

It's such a shame that guys like Hawkeye and Bullseye can do absurdly ridiculous stuff even though they apparently don't have powers, but Cyke has a hard time doing half the crap they do even though he does actually have spatial awareness as actual powerset.

Or that people like Storm in-universe become as good or even better H2H combatants with a few months of training even though Cyke should be easily better than them because he wouldn't like to rely on his powers as they are not as convenient as others.

Honestly, in battle prowess, all the praise I can give Hickman is that he doesn't make Cyke incompetent.

Astonishing Member

Cyke is going to win all his battles now by throwing his sword at people.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's such a shame that guys like Hawkeye and Bullseye can do absurdly ridiculous stuff even though they apparently don't have powers, but Cyke has a hard time doing half the crap they do even though he does actually have spatial awareness as actual powerset.
    That's the difference between solo characters (or main antagonists for solo characters) and team book characters, the former have much more opportunities for such displays.

Also, since their powers are not really that impressive on paper, the writers are kind of forced to make the most of them, while for Cyclops it rather goes in the other direction, his power can be used to show how tough the opponent is.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

What do you think Hickmans plans for Cyclops are? It seems a very good reason why he picked him to be the lead character - he’s not on the council, for starters. Is he the one who will uncover some of the truths of Krakoa and have to face judgement from the council?

It would be a very Hickman thing to have him as a person who believes and then tear that down.

Hickman said in interviews that what he likes about Cyclops now is that he can be the guy who can believe again.

In that sense, like Logan, I suppose that in both cases the doubts about Krakoa will gradually grow and when the point comes, those doubts will lead somewhere.

Also, I suspect that Hickman may like to make a parallel with Scott,the Phoenix and Xavier again, as he did in Secret Wars.

Maybe the Phoenix at some point will be important to face the Dominions.