Page 30 of 149 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The X-men are kidnapping kids and Scott's ok with this. At one point he tells the Richards' he values Franklin more than Valeria, their human child, and that Krakatoa are his rightful family.
    I'm all for calling out the X-men for their actions in the crossover, but Scott never said anything like that, in all fairness. It was Magneto who said and implied most of it. Scott just gave a poorly worded explanation that agitated Sue. Then again, it is Scott and talking isn't his strong point.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The X-men are kidnapping kids and Scott's ok with this. At one point he tells the Richards' he values Franklin more than Valeria, their human child, and that Krakatoa are his rightful family.
    And here we have the view distorted through hater glasses. In an appreciation thread, no less.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm all for calling out the X-men for their actions in the crossover, but Scott never said anything like that, in all fairness. It was Magneto who said and implied most of it. Scott just gave a poorly worded explanation that agitated Sue. Then again, it is Scott and talking isn't his strong point.
    Cyclops shouldn't have said anything remotely like that, he's never had this problem before he turned into a revolutionary. You don't tell a parent you value one kid over another because of their generics, that's something Magneto would say. He did say that, and Magneto wasn't present. He did this on Krakatoa then stalked off in a huff that the Richards' question him on that.

And from what I have seen so far, anything and everything is agitating Sue. She's been written quite possibly the poorest of them all.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And from what I have seen so far, anything and everything is agitating Sue. She's been written quite possibly the poorest of them all.
    That's pretty accurate. Johnny seems to be getting there.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

It's not like he never did anything on the past for Sue think He is like that.
    She pretty much thought he was amutant extremist before and she still thinks that. You can say that Sue has a pre-conceived idea about him
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-21-2020 at 07:54 PM. Reason: thought I was on another thread

Hey look! It's the guy who has never said anything positive about Scott in his own appreciation thread! Surely we can take what he has to say at face value!
    Dark does not mean deep.

Hey look! It's the guy who has never said anything positive about Scott in his own appreciation thread! Surely we can take what he has to say at face value!
    Sorry. I thought I was on FF + x-men thread

Astonishing Member

You don't know how I feel about Scott, you never asked. What I said was accurate to a person who asked what was going on there, I don't see you complaining when others did it a short while ago.

I'm a fan of the X-men, I like the current run as much as some people like to pretend I don't in this forum, and I'm a fan of Scott! He's a great leader, I like the development of his love life on Krakatoa and his relationship with Magik in New Mutants.

I question all my favourite characters when they do dumb things.

You don't know how I feel about Scott, you never asked. What I said was accurate to a person who asked what was going on there, I don't see you complaining when others did it a short while ago.

I'm a fan of the X-men, I like the current run as much as some people like to pretend I don't in this forum, and I'm a fan of Scott! He's a great leader, I like the development of his love life on Krakatoa and his relationship with Magik in New Mutants.

I question all my favourite characters when they do dumb things.
    I'm referring to the other guy - who has posted in here quite a bit and has never posted even a single positive thing unless it's in the past few minutes. Certainly not the way to handle an appreciation thread. Sure, you can criticize, but you should also....appreciate, at least a little.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Honestly didn't read the crossover, but the premise of the book already doesn't paint the X-Men in a good light. Cyke's little speech in HoX/PoX to the FF was justifiable-- it was just an open invite for Franklin, albeit a poorly-worded / almost-threatening one. I have no idea how the FF+X writer is justifying the X-Men's side and their, what, strong-arming the FF to handover Franklin, though.

And that's kinda been my problem with the recent run: the X-Men come-off as, if not outright villainous, then supportive of it. Even Utopia!Scott allowed Hope, their Mutant Messiah, to roam free so long as she was safe. And allowed half-ish of the population to walk away when they didn't want to stay-- and then promised to continue protecting them regardless. Mind you, the deserters were also the group that, if Rogue didn't decide their haterade was too strong, would have stepped aside after siccing Exodus at Utopia to assassinate Cyke...

I don't know. I get Hickman is setting up Krakoa to fall, but it also feels like he could tell this particular story with original characters instead of the X-Men. Once more, Utopia 2.0 is taking the edge to Saturday morning cartoon villain levels.

Side-note: Hrmmm.... fanfic idea...

Edit: Read pages 1 and 25 of the FF+X#3 thread (because I'm not sober enough to dredge through that pile), and all I can do is slap my forehead xD Where was all this "but they invaded foreign soil!" support from non-Cyke fans when AvX happened hahahaha
    Last edited by xiyon; 03-22-2020 at 01:25 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Honestly didn't read the crossover, but the premise of the book already doesn't paint the X-Men in a good light. Cyke's little speech in HoX/PoX to the FF was justifiable-- it was just an open invite for Franklin, albeit a poorly-worded / almost-threatening one. I have no idea how the FF+X writer is justifying the X-Men's side and their, what, strong-arming the FF to handover Franklin, though.

And that's kinda been my problem with the recent run: the X-Men come-off as, if not outright villainous, then supportive of it. Even Utopia!Scott allowed Hope, their Mutant Messiah, to roam free so long as she was safe. And allowed half-ish of the population to walk away when they didn't want to stay-- and then promised to continue protecting them regardless. Mind you, the deserters were also the group that, if Rogue didn't decide their haterade was too strong, would have stepped aside after siccing Exodus at Utopia to assassinate Cyke...

I don't know. I get Hickman is setting up Krakoa to fall, but it also feels like he could tell this particular story with original characters instead of the X-Men. Once more, Utopia 2.0 is taking the edge to Saturday morning cartoon villain levels.

Side-note: Hrmmm.... fanfic idea...
    To be honest found sad how an argument based in "I'm taking your son away because you are a filthy human" can have so many followers.

About what you mentions I find "wonderful" how strong can be the Sad Scott bias into the marvel verse.

Scott, has a preventive force strike team (on times mutants were at brink of extinction and still attacked), he is labeled as a monster, some years after that anyone and their grandmother had a preventive force strike team even.

Scott gives a "be proud mutant discourse" (on times moral was low and they needed it), he is labeled as a revolutionary and someone who is trying to inspire terror. Now Magneto and Xavier gives actual supremacist discourses and people think that was about time.

Scott, has a independiente nation (when unity were fundamental for they suvrevivance), he is labeled as a segregationist (even when he wanted integration in last instance, people were free to stay or live without consequences and follows human laws when required even with Norman Osborn in power), bad mouthed by other X-men and heros alike, now the concept of a mutant nations sound good (TBH I always thought it was good idea).

Scoot trains children from young age to be able to defend themselves (on times they were constantly murdered) he is a soulless monster putting kids on risk, the fact that he himself was used as a child soldier, Wolverine has trained several sidekicks to take part in dangerous missions ad kids still has to be trained to survive gets quickly brushed.

And the list goes on, and goes on.

Said that I also found sad how the x-men who were about convivence and integration despite differences nowadays are portrayed as supremacist, or at very least silently around supremacist who is not much better because if I found someone who hangs on with racist people, laugh at racist jokes and kept silent around racist discourses my opinion is that he is also racist. And as much as I like Scoot, his behaviour has also hinted some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Edit: Read pages 1 and 25 of the FF+X#3 thread (because I'm not sober enough to dredge through that pile), and all I can do is slap my forehead xD Where was all this "but they invaded foreign soil!" support from non-Cyke fans when AvX happened hahahaha
    Edit based in you edit.

See, more Scoot Bias

A foreigner group gets into your country wanting your granddaughter to probably kill her and surely prevent her for repowering your race while Scoot is in charge, Bad Scott how you dare. Foreigner group gets into your country because they have reasons to think you kidnapped their son when Xavier (and a group who includes a worrisome group of villains) are in charge, kill them, how they dare to invade your country!!!!!
    Last edited by Coatl; 03-22-2020 at 01:49 AM.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    To be honest found sad how an argument based in "I'm taking your son away because you are a filthy human" can have so many followers.

About what you mentions I find "wonderful" how strong can be the Sad Scott bias into the marvel verse.

Scott, has a preventive force strike team (on times mutants were at brink of extinction and still attacked), he is labeled as a monster, some years after that anyone and their grandmother had a preventive force strike team even.

Scott gives a "be proud mutant discourse" (on times moral was low and they needed it), he is labeled as a revolutionary and someone who is trying to inspire terror. Now Magneto and Xavier gives actual supremacist discourses and people think that was about time.

Scott, has a independiente nation (when unity were fundamental for they suvrevivance), he is labeled as a segregationist (even when he wanted integration in last instance, people were free to stay or live without consequences and follows human laws when required even with Norman Osborn in power), bad mouthed by other X-men and heros alike, now the concept of a mutant nations sound good (TBH I always thought it was good idea).

Scoot trains children from young age to be able to defend themselves (on times they were constantly murdered) he is a soulless monster putting kids on risk, the fact that he himself was used as a child soldier, Wolverine has trained several sidekicks to take part in dangerous missions ad kids still has to be trained to survive gets quickly brushed.

And the list goes on, and goes on.

Said that I also found sad how the x-men who were about convivence and integration despite differences nowadays are portrayed as supremacist, or at very least silently around supremacist who is not much better because if I found someone who hangs on with racist people, laugh at racist jokes and kept silent around racist discourses my opinion is that he is also racist. And as much as I like Scoot, his behaviour has also hinted some of it.

Edit based in you edit.

See, more Scoot Bias

A foreigner group gets into your country wanting your granddaughter to probably kill her and surely prevent her for repowering your race while Scoot is in charge, Bad Scott how you dare. Foreigner group gets into your country because they have reasons to think you kidnapped their son when Xavier (and a group who includes a worrisome group of villains) are in charge, kill them, how they dare to invade your country!!!!!
    There definitely is a bias against Scott among the x-fanbase. Methinks it's to do with the killjoy giving orders to their faves while not being an infallible character despite, y'know, that being the point of the leader archetype. But I digress.

I've said this before, but I think I could actually believe the X-Men would take this stance if the transition story was actually told. Like, how did the separatists suddenly decide starting another nation-island was a grand idea now, especially when extinction isn't on the agenda...? At this point, the adage "it's only wrong when Cyke does it" only becomes more true, and the rest of the mutants come off more and more like hypocrites...

"BUT HEY!!!! LOOK HOW AWESOME THE KRAKOANS AAAAREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

When you think that Scott has been forced to be separated from his son, you can't imagine he's the same man that suggests Franklin's family to send the boy away…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    When you think that Scott has been forced to be separated from his son, you can't imagine he's the same man that suggests Franklin's family to send the boy away…
    "Send a baby to a future from which he can never return" = "Send your child to a portal that can be reached by walking five minutes from your home and from which he can return when he feels like it".

The children were further from their homes when they were in Mansion X, now they literally have a portal next to their home.