Page 31 of 149 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "Send a baby to a future from which he can never return" = "Send your child to a portal that can be reached by walking five minutes from your home and from which he can return when he feels like it".

The children were further from their homes when they were in Mansion X, now they literally have a portal next to their home.
    It's still not the same as being sent in a summer camp for a limited period of time especially if you consider that Franklin's parents are not exactly welcomed in Krakoa and not all Krakoans are exactly good people.

The former Scott valued the concept of family a little more than that.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's still not the same as being sent in a summer camp for a limited period of time especially if you consider that Franklin's parents are not exactly welcomed in Krakoa and not all Krakoans are exactly good people.

The former Scott valued the concept of family a little more than that.
    The relatives of the mutants are welcome on the island if they ask for permission. Corsair and Shogo can be on the island, Brian Braddock was invited by Apocalypse. There is absolutely nothing to indicate that Franklin's family would be treated worse than Brian, Shogo, or Corsair.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm referring to the other guy - who has posted in here quite a bit and has never posted even a single positive thing unless it's in the past few minutes. Certainly not the way to handle an appreciation thread. Sure, you can criticize, but you should also....appreciate, at least a little.
    That's reasonable.

Mighty Member

The relatives of the mutants are welcome on the island if they ask for permission. Corsair and Shogo can be on the island, Brian Braddock was invited by Apocalypse. There is absolutely nothing to indicate that Franklin's family would be treated worse than Brian, Shogo, or Corsair.
    "How dare you request a visa from me!"? XD

I do agree, though, about the F4 having reservations against sending their teenager to an island to be, if not entirely then partially, raised by Apocalypse, and seeing that their "old friends"/ the X-Men are in a cult isn't reassuring, either.

But idk. Old Scott would've just left the open invite hanging. "Come when y'all are ready. I promise not to indoctrinate him into the nightly orgies until he consents"
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Who else is Scott hooking up with

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Who else is Scott hooking up with
    I wanna see Lorna or Storm just to watch shite hit the fan :")
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    "How dare you request a visa from me!"? XD

I do agree, though, about the F4 having reservations against sending their teenager to an island to be, if not entirely then partially, raised by Apocalypse, and seeing that their "old friends"/ the X-Men are in a cult isn't reassuring, either.

But idk. Old Scott would've just left the open invite hanging. "Come when y'all are ready. I promise not to indoctrinate him into the nightly orgies until he consents"
    They let Valeria with 5 years in Latveria with Doom.

They aren't parents of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I wanna see Lorna or Storm just to watch shite hit the fan :")
    I’m kinda big on Lorna and Scott idea

Mighty Member

They let Valeria with 5 years in Latveria with Doom.

They aren't parents of the year.
    Oh, I vaguely remember that. Did they even know she was with Dr Doom?

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I’m kinda big on Lorna and Scott idea
    I kinda legit wanna see it happen, but I also wanna see the shite storm. Sadly, apart from a questionably intimate interaction in X-Men#1, we never did have a follow-up to that potential ship.
    Let your wallet talk.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Magneto's glee on hearing Scott and Lorna hooked up would be the #1 argument for AND against the pairing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Magneto's glee on hearing Scott and Lorna hooked up would be the #1 argument for AND against the pairing.
    You hear us, Hickman? Time to ship Lorna and Cyke!
    Let your wallet talk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Erik would become the father that always says "sure, but when are you giving me grandchildren?" in family reunions. He also would say Scott could treat him as a father and even call him "dad", no big deal about it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Erik would become the father that always says "sure, but when are you giving me grandchildren?" in family reunions. He also would say Scott could treat him as a father and even call him "dad", no big deal about it.
    Xavier and Erik's romance will get a whole lot more awkward if Cyke and Lorna do hook up. Then again, this is Krakoa, so...
    Let your wallet talk.

Polaris is going to be with Rachel, not Scott. So she didn't want to go to the party, she would be uncomfortable with Alex there. And so Rachel was in a bad mood at the party, hoping Polaris was.

Polaris is going to be with Rachel, not Scott. So she didn't want to go to the party, she would be uncomfortable with Alex there. And so Rachel was in a bad mood at the party, hoping Polaris was.
    Leah Williams did state in an interview that x-factor would be exploring each member’s love life, which got me thinking about who Lorna and Rachel will be hooking up with. The two of them getting together would be cute, but would it be too awkward for Lorna to start dating her ex’s niece lol?