Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Hmmm so I gotta say it's a little odd seeing the Cyclops thread off the 1st page, its been happening more and more lately. Makes me wonder why? Have the more passionate Cyclops fans moved on from CBR? Is it that we've grown complacent because because things are pretty good for him at the moment? Are people just waiting for the other shoe to drop? I'm curious what people think.
    Some of us have been banned, others just moved on from the forums themselves and Scott is pretty contained to a single book. I kind of like these relatively peaceful times, compared to what we had before. Just kind of miss some of the people here. A lot of them made conversation really entertaining.

Mighty Member

Hmmm so I gotta say it's a little odd seeing the Cyclops thread off the 1st page, its been happening more and more lately. Makes me wonder why? Have the more passionate Cyclops fans moved on from CBR? Is it that we've grown complacent because because things are pretty good for him at the moment? Are people just waiting for the other shoe to drop? I'm curious what people think.
    Combination of several factors:

-Most of the overcaffeinated fans have been banned.

-This thread historically doubled as a Scemma appreciation thread. The Rectangle and an actual Scemma Appreciation thread negate the need for that, and the current poly status quo in the books has rendered that mostly moot.

-The other big thing fueling this thread was RightClops fandom and vehement pushback against Marvel's "Cyclops was wrong" stance. Again, the current status quo in the books has rendered that moot.

-Hickman's plot-centric, conceptually focused approach hasn't so far included the kind of highly emotional, character-driven drama that typically energizes online fans.

-Hickman's Cyclops is a very different character than the one his immediate predecessor (i.e. Rosenberg) portrayed. Almost the diametric opposite, really, and we haven't yet seen on-panel the evolution from the latter to the former. Add in the muddying effect of the cloning/resurrection protocol, and there's an emotional disconnect for fans between the Cyclops they were reading before and the one they're reading now. Upcoming stories may change this.

TL;DR: there isn't as much to argue about as there used to be.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Honestly? I think most of us just aren't that stoked on Krakoa. The whole Douchier-Utopia-but-we're-pretending-otherwise-for-reasons-we-can't-talk-about-and-besides-we've-got-all-the-FAQs-and-cheat-codes-available-anyway angle is just... basically the exact opposite of what Cyclops has always been about.

On a more timely note, having just read X-Men #4, I'm almost glad Cyke is just kinda there doing his job instead of huffing and puffing.
    I wonder if Utopia/Extinction/AvX!Clops would be on-board with Crackoa. I mean, talk about deviating from Xavier's Dream(tm), eh?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Not a fan of Scott getting on his knees for Xavier every morning lol.
    Last edited by MosSuperman; 01-06-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Ive been on a journey of self to better myself as a writer and sustain my hunger for new stuff to read.

...And I kinda forgot about you guys. Super sorry.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I wonder if Utopia/Extinction/AvX!Clops would be on-board with Crackoa. I mean, talk about deviating from Xavier's Dream(tm), eh?
    He'd most likely be on-board with the overall with the overall stand-offish-enough-is-enough attitude, but I have a really hard time seeing him go along with the Miracle!Drug/Millennial Bond Villain scheme.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Some of us have been banned, others just moved on from the forums themselves and Scott is pretty contained to a single book. I kind of like these relatively peaceful times, compared to what we had before. Just kind of miss some of the people here. A lot of them made conversation really entertaining.
    I got ignored most times I posted so just figured I and my ADHD inspired comments/fan projects weren’t wanted here. I get it/try not to take it personally. I try to do something new with my fan stuff and my muse is crazy. Other places like it so I update those places/participate their. That plus occasionally I lurked and the drama felt like the mean non-fun kind. The other things stated. Also being busy researching and working on my weird/possibly dumb Cyclops/Xmen fan projects. Hopefully it will pick up steam for you guys eventually.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    He'd most likely be on-board with the overall with the overall stand-offish-enough-is-enough attitude, but I have a really hard time seeing him go along with the Miracle!Drug/Millennial Bond Villain scheme.
    Darn, Fluff. Always hitting the nail on the head with a mallet!

But, ugh, I just want the Extinction Team back. Is X-Men going to be bi-monthly moving forward? Because all the one-and-dones seriously aren't doing it for me.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Nothing least bit interesting going on about Cyke. So, this thread feels like a barren land.

For me I drop all of X men books. Can not find something interesting to read. Not much Cyke in books anyways, or maybe i just got bored of comic books not sure.

I have been streaming Mandalorian and got into the star wars stuff. Try future fights but could not get cyke i gave up.

Mighty Member

Been mulling over ideas for a fanfic when I arrived at a startling thought:

Is HickmanClops a complete character? By complete, I mean his character arc is finished, and there's no organic way to develop him at least until the Krakoan paradise bubble has burst.
    Let your wallet talk.

Been mulling over ideas for a fanfic when I arrived at a startling thought:

Is HickmanClops a complete character? By complete, I mean his character arc is finished, and there's no organic way to develop him at least until the Krakoan paradise bubble has burst.
    No, but I don't think we will be seeing much development until the bubble starts to stretch a little more. Hickman called Scott a 'true believer', which immediately asks the question of 'What happens when he stops believing?'
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    No, but I don't think we will be seeing much development until the bubble starts to stretch a little more. Hickman called Scott a 'true believer', which immediately asks the question of 'What happens when he stops believing?'
    We're both in agreement that the more interesting development will be when the bubble pops / Scott stops "believing", but what do you think is Scott's character arc now? I'm curious because maybe I'm missing something. I don't really see any foreseeable character conflict for Scott in the near-future, as Hickman's more focused on setting up his world than telling a story.
    Let your wallet talk.

BANNED

We're both in agreement that the more interesting development will be when the bubble pops / Scott stops "believing", but what do you think is Scott's character arc now? I'm curious because maybe I'm missing something. I don't really see any foreseeable character conflict for Scott in the near-future, as Hickman's more focused on setting up his world than telling a story.
    I agree with this; but I actually question how much weight that really holds if we haven't seen how Scott came to be a 'true believer' in the first place? His and Xavier's relationship was...complicated...pre-murder. Does that not take a bit of depth away from the end result?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I agree with this; but I actually question how much weight that really holds if we haven't seen how Scott came to be a 'true believer' in the first place? His and Xavier's relationship was...complicated...pre-murder. Does that not take a bit of depth away from the end result?
    The beauty in the Hickman era is the dude can cherry pick continuity because he hit the soft-reboot button. Everyone's almost a blank slate--- otherwise, yeah, we should see more character conflicts between Xavier and Cyke.

House/Power of X honeymoon period is definitely wearing off for me. It's not so much about the lack of developments for Cyke, but how the mutants' personalities don't feel distinguishable anymore. Especially in the "main" book, where I keep feeling like there's a hive-mind/telepathy shenanigans afoot.
    Let your wallet talk.