Page 5 of 149 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    The beauty in the Hickman era is the dude can cherry pick continuity because he hit the soft-reboot button. Everyone's almost a blank slate--- otherwise, yeah, we should see more character conflicts between Xavier and Cyke.

House/Power of X honeymoon period is definitely wearing off for me. It's not so much about the lack of developments for Cyke, but how the mutants' personalities don't feel distinguishable anymore. Especially in the "main" book, where I keep feeling like there's a hive-mind/telepathy shenanigans afoot.
    I think you and I have a very different definition of 'beauty.' But I can appreciate what you're saying.

And, I definitely agree with you; nobody seems to have a voice, even a distinct personality; I'm finding that their all just...saying things. Like mouth-pieces?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    No, but I don't think we will be seeing much development until the bubble starts to stretch a little more. Hickman called Scott a 'true believer', which immediately asks the question of 'What happens when he stops believing?'
    That's the interesting part. They refer to him as the rock upon which Krakoa is built, so what will happen if/when Scott finally snap and see something that actually turns him against Xavier again? He's the one character being built up with the most potential for becoming a problem in the future. His knowledge of mutants is ever expanding with having all able-bodied mutants as his X-Men. At some point, he'll know a bit of everyone in the entire island. And that knowledge can make all the difference depending on the situation.

i need Scott to take over as supreme leader of Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That's the interesting part. They refer to him as the rock upon which Krakoa is built, so what will happen if/when Scott finally snap and see something that actually turns him against Xavier again? He's the one character being built up with the most potential for becoming a problem in the future. His knowledge of mutants is ever expanding with having all able-bodied mutants as his X-Men. At some point, he'll know a bit of everyone in the entire island. And that knowledge can make all the difference depending on the situation.
    Yes, because he's the only person that has managed to lead a unified mutantkind before, and now has as a job saving people's lives in Krakoa over and over again. Plus, they don't really have anyone that can replace him as neatly, unlike most other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I think you and I have a very different definition of 'beauty.' But I can appreciate what you're saying.

And, I definitely agree with you; nobody seems to have a voice, even a distinct personality; I'm finding that their all just...saying things. Like mouth-pieces?
    Eh. Hickman writes what Hickman wants. Granted he’s the best writer, and I’m using this as a general term, the X-Men have had in the last 15 years. But he will write the story he wants and at times will make the characters sound weird. It’s why I think he’s had a lack of consistency in especially Scott’s voice in a few of the issues. Issue 1 was good. 2 was meh. 3 was barely any better. Issue 4 at least gave us some good moments from him. It’s really inconsistent.
    I wrote the book.

Astonishing Member

So while I’ve no doubt there will be at least some sitting back and drinking tea at the Marvel governments shifting targets for a while, as an Ex-Teen superhero himself and a charter member of the Champions (and was at last meeting on good terms with them); I wonder if Scott will dip his toe into the mess that is Outlawed?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So while I’ve no doubt there will be at least some sitting back and drinking tea at the Marvel governments shifting targets for a while, as an Ex-Teen superhero himself and a charter member of the Champions (and was at last meeting on good terms with them); I wonder if Scott will dip his toe into the mess that is Outlawed?
    What's "Outlawed"? Is that the new annual Marvel crossover event?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post

I called it a 'beauty', but I suppose 'genius' is the more accurate term. Basically, Hickman found a way for the X-Offce to have their cake and eat it too-- something they've been trying to do post-AvX.

Now, no one bats an eyelash at the lack of character conflict between, say, Cyke's on-panel detractors and Cyke, because we're not sure what's in-continuity now because of Moira's involvement in history. Heck, what parts of AvX/Utopia are still canon? What parts of Deadly Genesis-- because, while one can say Vulcan was revived using the Krakoan method, one could also argue he never died in the first place...
    Last edited by xiyon; 01-11-2020 at 12:59 PM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

What's "Outlawed"? Is that the new annual Marvel crossover event?
    Outlawed is the new status quo kicking off in March for Marvel's young heroes that will lead into new books in April like Champions, Power Pack, and New Warriors. The 2020 events are Iron Man 2020, Empyre, an X-Men thing, and maybe a Spider-Man thing.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Outlawed is the new status quo kicking off in March for Marvel's young heroes that will lead into new books in April like Champions, Power Pack, and New Warriors. The 2020 events are Iron Man 2020, Empyre, an X-Men thing, and maybe a Spider-Man thing.
    Heh, things are coming full-circle. Isn't this just the Superhero Registration Act / whatever that storyline was called, all over again? But now with new faces!

But, eh, it'd be cool for Cyke to pop in, but I highly doubt it. Methinks DisMarvel are being careful about handling the X-Men now that they've got the movie rights back.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Cyclops relationship with jean, emma and logran ended left to interpretation. That was boring, I liked to know what is a cannon and what is not.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    Cyclops relationship with jean, emma and logran ended left to interpretation. That was boring, I liked to know what is a cannon and what is not.
    Cyke's relationship with Jean, Emma, and Logan is soooo 2019.

Where's Lorna at?????
    Let your wallet talk.

Cyke's relationship with Jean, Emma, and Logan is soooo 2019.

Where's Lorna at?????
    A valid point, we need more "scott - lorna" moments this year. I will add to the mix Illiana as his best friend.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    A valid point, we need more "scott - lorna" moments this year. I will add to the mix Illiana as his best friend.
    This, I want to see more of the cracked friendship of Cyclops and Magik

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    This, I want to see more of the cracked friendship of Cyclops and Magik
    Seconded. I miss Scott and Yana's friendship.
    Let your wallet talk.