Page 50 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Bishop was not the underdog because at no time was he given time to explore his motives beyond "I have to kill her to save the timeline". He made a 180º turn in just five issues.
    Bishop had a whole mini series where his motivations were explored. People still didnt care.

I guess im confused by you. You said that people will always side with the underdog when villified but what count as an underdog to you and what are some of the many examples of this happening besides Scott?

I thought peoople were mad about the Bishop thing cause he was the last Black Xman.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Bishop was not the underdog because he was not the one taking care of a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Bishop was not the underdog because he was not the one taking care of a baby.
    Cable wasnt the underdog. He was the protagonist of a solo and the intended hero of that saga. He had the full backing of the X-men, Marvel and most fans. Bishop did not and literally had everything going against him. He was vilified for a plot and essentially was fighting a losing battle. I dont believe anyone thought he had a real chance of ending up on top
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-15-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cable wasnt the underdog. He was the protagonist of a solo and the intended hero of that saga. He had the full backing of the X-men, Marvel and most fans. Bishop did not and literally had everything going against him. He was vilified for a plot and essentially was fighting a losing battle. I dont believe anyone thought he had a real chance of ending up on top
    "Bishop was the underdog because nobody was rooting for him to kill a baby."

I'mma just say that Bishop's arc was actually interesting. Marvel just dropped the ball at his redemption. Dudes gotta consider if they can hire Geoff Johns before green-lighting the next villification, because Johns is probably the only dude in the industry that can pull a redemption story. Everyone else just rushes it. Or, has the redhead begging for the D.

Anyway.

I just got around to reading AJ's twitter link, and can we all start assigning the blame for the silliness that started at schism where it actually belongs: JDW? XD And is it time for me to reopen my pitchfork shop?

I still have a few of the old models:

The Trident: 3---
    The Bident: ]---
    And the Cydent: _---
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Marvel made the most basic mistake when trying to vilify a character: people ALWAYS side with the underdog. All they did was make Scott more popular.

When they said Scott opposed the Inhumans they did little less than canonize him as patron saint of the X-Men.

Jason Aaron was so clumsy in writing that each issue of his made Scott more popular.
    I don't think it's about being the underdog, as much as it is about being wronged. Scott took controversial actions with a good motivation, but there are things to consider, such as:

1. He never took pride in what he did. He knew that he was crossing lines, he'd be hated by his friends and family and blamed himself constantly. That made him sympathetic. If he was shown to be absolutely remorseless and unwilling to take the blame, he'd be just another Magneto.

2. Most of the people going against him were doing the same bad things, if not worse. Beast with the O5 and Illuminatti and Wolverine being Wolverine.

3. Marvel editorial took every step to make it look like they were having a tantrum about people siding with Scott. Oh, you think he was right in AvX? How about we make our flagship book about his brother being presented as better than him and the guy who'll clean up the reputation of mutants. You still like him? Shit. How about putting teenage versions of himself and the other originals through emotional pain as they witness their own future and have their perspective distorted? Oh, that can't be right. Well, here's his redemption. Now we'll dedicate months to teasing this really bad, mass murdering, genocidal, almost nazi stuff he did. What it was? You won't believe it. He had the nerve to destroy the terrigen cloud. But it was actually Emma, not him, so we can have our cake and eat it too! Oh, will nothing please you people? Alright, have him back, but we'll give him crippling depression, make him say he was wrong, he'll be blamed for things beyond his grasp and end the run in the gutter.

So, of course people sided with Scott, because every attempt to villify him was pretty bigger than what they did with Lucas. Messiah Complex and Cable just had him go "alright, I'll kill the baby and save my future", then had him nuke alternate Earths to justify his goal. Distasteful, but still different.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    "Bishop was the underdog because nobody was rooting for him to kill a baby."

I'mma just say that Bishop's arc was actually interesting. Marvel just dropped the ball at his redemption. Dudes gotta consider if they can hire Geoff Johns before green-lighting the next villification, because Johns is probably the only dude in the industry that can pull a redemption story. Everyone else just rushes it. Or, has the redhead begging for the D.

_---
    I didn't saw any redehead begging for the D

Johns only did redemption for Hal, he still let John be blamed for the genocide of a planet

These were some of my favorite scenes with Scott when he was making hard decisions
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

never forget.

unnamed.jpg

I'm watching James Marsden on Westworld.

Just...imagine/picture Scott there. Its wild.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I'm watching James Marsden on Westworld.

Just...imagine/picture Scott there. Its wild.
    He was a great cyclops.... they just didn’t give him enough to do

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    never forget.

unnamed.jpg
    Trust me. We haven't.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This is amazing

Tom Reilly (@tomreillyart) Tweeted:
    Thought I would join in on the #Creators4Comics auction with this recent 11 x 12 Cyclops piece!
    • Auction ends April 20 @ 12 PM EST
    • Bid by replying to this tweet
    • Opening bid: $150
    • Winner donates directly to
    @BincFoundation https://t.co/oGRQpivatz
    Attached Images Attached Images

never forget.

unnamed.jpg
    That he was.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

never forget.

unnamed.jpg
    More than ever in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    He was a great cyclops.... they just didn’t give him enough to do
    It's been said multiple times before, but boy do I hope he gets his due in the MCU.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia