Page 53 of 149 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Apocalypse is probably easier to deal with in the sense he tends to be somewhat predictable and even upfront about what he'll do. Sinister is like Joker or Littlefinger, in which he likes chaos for chaos' sake.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hey may not be. Krakoa may be doing something. It feeds on the mutants in order to survive so its possible that it may be having some influence on them that keeps them loyal to it
    I've been leaning toward the Krakoan language itself having a slight hypnotic effect on everyone who mentally downloads it like you have to when you first go to Krakoa. It doesn't have to be strong, just enough to boost the "This feels right/good" idea that a lot of mutants would have about having a homeland free from all the prejudice and hate crimes. It also offers a decent excuse for why certain people like Gilo mentioned have shaken it off or are in the process of doing so(or to make sure the high-end telepaths like Jean and Emma don't find out, they were given the language w/o the effect).

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Apocalypse is probably easier to deal with in the sense he tends to be somewhat predictable and even upfront about what he'll do. Sinister is like Joker or Littlefinger, in which he likes chaos for chaos' sake.
    I agree with this. Poccy, despite how evil he normally is (and likely STILL is, he's just holding it back ATM), is still consistent in who he is and what he wants. With Sinister, like Mystique, it isn't a question of whether or not he'll bite you, but when he will do so.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Pretty much. In Street Fighter terms (I've been playing it a lot lately, being in this quarantine). Sinister is M. Bison and Apocalypse is Akuma. He lives by a pretty well-defined code and Krakoa, conceptually, is compatible with that. He won't fuck it up as long as it matches his goals. Sinister will just destroy people and things because this is what Sinister does best and gleefully.

That's also part of my point. Scott never addresses Apocalypse, but they never get into conflict, because both of them know each other and that would be counter intuitive. With Sinister, Scott goes ballistic at the first opportunity, because he knows him. Still, sitting at the same table with Apocalypse, sipping drinks with him feels wrong. Professional relationship would make way more sense. We'll probably see him as part of the field team at some point and getting along well with Scott. Being drinking buddies is many steps further.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "Should I allow myself to be dominated by my old hatreds or support the project in which mutants can survive, be happy and live with dignity? Difficult question."
    This ignores both how hatred isn't easy to bury and the lengths the X-men have been hurt by these villains. They've been through so much, physically, emotionally and mentally it's uncomfortable. This is X-men, not Seinfeld. You can't even say out loud what the villains did to Cyclops.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    For all the good work Percy has done, having Scott and Jean sitting at the same table as Apocalypse doesn't sit right and probably never will. I understand them working with him, for the greater good, but in HoX/PoX/X-Men neither of them addresses Apocalypse directly, ever. Even in X-Men #4 Scott only interacted with Xavier, Magneto and Gorgon, not a word to Apoc. Wells also got it right, having Scott get pissed at the Council letting Sinister handle his brother and the other dangerous mutants. These two are Scott's biggest enemies, and Jean should share the same feelings. Going further than a willingness to work with him, without any groundwork, is stupid. It would be the same if the scene in HoX #6 went any further than Wolverine just handling Gorgon a beer and watching the fireworks together.
    I mentioned it slightly before, but there is a gold mine of character interactions/exploration if addressed. Right now we are getting some, but it's very minimal considering how opinionated a lot of these characters are. Thankfully Scott is in a better position now and has had the opportunity to address some of his views/concerns.

I feel that addressing/exploring some of these character dynamics might also help alleviate some of the views towards the X-men currently as well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

How to Draw Cyclops LIVE w/ Marcus To!

Yeah, Apocalypse is easy to deal with. It is always completely clear what he wants and how he intends to achieve it. He does not even harbor great malice towards his enemies. It's a bit like a mini-Galactus.

Every time I read gillen’s uncanny x-men run I notice something always new.

I love that sinister made himself a summers clone based on cyclops 1101F0DC-AACD-4455-9BFC-D6917A9A8D5E.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How to Draw Cyclops LIVE w/ Marcus To!

I find this kind of interesting. They don't have much content on this guy.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, Apocalypse is easy to deal with. It is always completely clear what he wants and how he intends to achieve it. He does not even harbor great malice towards his enemies. It's a bit like a mini-Galactus.
    What? Apocalypse revels in his theatrics and extremest emotion. He's more of a zealot then Magneto is. Him being clear with his objectives won't change that, all that means is that's a blunt communicator. The part he's apathetic about is death, but he loves being the one to deal it out to "test" those he thinks are strong, and he's passionate about wiping out every species on Earth who aren't mutants.

2E3F301B-2015-40B9-B44B-A57B35E8E920.jpg

What ever happened to corporal Scott summers?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What? Apocalypse revels in his theatrics and extremest emotion. He's more of a zealot then Magneto is. Him being clear with his objectives won't change that, all that means is that's a blunt communicator. The part he's apathetic about is death, but he loves being the one to deal it out to "test" those he thinks are strong, and he's passionate about wiping out every species on Earth who aren't mutants.
    Well, like Galactus, what I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    2E3F301B-2015-40B9-B44B-A57B35E8E920.jpg

What ever happened to corporal Scott summers?
    He ended in 616 and it was forgotten that he was there