Page 54 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Ah, I have seen again the debate about which is better strategist, if Cyclops, Batman or Captain America.

When the obvious answer is: They have different approaches.

PD: Even telepaths from other universes are attracted to Scott, it is incredible.

Last edited by Glio; 04-29-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Ah, I have seen again the debate about which is better strategist, if Cyclops, Batman or Captain America.

I couldn’t agree with you more

Well, Cap and Bats get way more plot armour and fanboy writing than Scott.

I've been rereading the Dawn of X comics out of boredom and I've noticed something funny. Whenever Scott is directly asked what he thinks of Krakoa (Sue and Polaris), he ends up citing his family, deflecting the issue a bit. And when he is questioned by his father and then Kurt, he makes it clear that he prefers to focus on the good and not the bad.

The only time he shows direct hostility to a Quiet Council decision is when it involves Alex. It is clear to me that Scott's stance towards Krakoa is ambiguous but he feels he has to give a show of unity as Captain Commander. And Krakoa has resurrected her two brothers and given him a home for his family. How can he not support it?

It is a very interesting pressure cooker that there is right now and it is a matter of time to see how it explodes. He knows there are things wrong in Krakoa, he knows there are things right, and it seems that Hickman wants to play with it, with ambiguity and veiled doubts.

I've been rereading the Dawn of X comics out of boredom and I've noticed something funny. Whenever Scott is directly asked what he thinks of Krakoa (Sue and Polaris), he ends up citing his family, deflecting the issue a bit. And when he is questioned by his father and then Kurt, he makes it clear that he prefers to focus on the good and not the bad.

The only time he shows direct hostility to a Quiet Council decision is when it involves Alex. It is clear to me that Scott's stance towards Krakoa is ambiguous but he feels he has to give a show of unity as Captain Commander. And Krakoa has resurrected her two brothers and given him a home for his family. How can he not support it?

It is a very interesting pressure cooker that there is right now and it is a matter of time to see how it explodes. He knows there are things wrong in Krakoa, he knows there are things right, and it seems that Hickman wants to play with it, with ambiguity and veiled doubts.
    I think your so on point right now.
    I feel the same way. I think there’s going to be a split or rebellion and Scott is going to lead it.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I think your so on point right now.
    I feel the same way. I think there’s going to be a split or rebellion and Scott is going to lead it.
    I think there is going to be a bait and switch with that. There is going to be a Summer Rebellion ... led by Cable. With the support of the Summer Council. I think at some point Xavier is going to lock Scott up in The Pit. And that when they release him there will be an optic blast to sky that will mark the most awesome moment in all of Krakoa.

And to add more to the bet, I think the line that Xavier is going to cross that Scott is not going to tolerate, is going to be related to Vulcan. Scott clearly does everything he does for his family right now.
    Last edited by Glio; 04-30-2020 at 10:08 AM.

I think there is going to be a bait and switch with that. There is going to be a Summer Rebellion ... led by Cable. With the support of the Summer Council. I think at some point Xavier is going to lock Scott up in The Pit. And that when they release him there will be an optic blast to sky that will mark the most awesome moment in all of Krakoa.

And to add more to the bet, I think the line that Xavier is going to cross that Scott is not going to tolerate, is going to be related to Vulcan. Scott clearly does everything he does for his family right now.
    Optic Blast to the sky from Krakoa?

SOunds like a homage to Giant Size.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

I normally call BS / marketing strategy at any recent X-Writer/Editor claiming to be a fan of Cyke, but this dude has rep and, more importantly, gets him. And stoked the fire for my Tyke-23 ship again.

Hope the book comes out soon. I'd be a happy Xiyon even if this might be the last x-book I'll read.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Optic Blast to the sky from Krakoa?

SOunds like a homage to Giant Size.
    I am thinking more about the culmination of Astonishing but yeah, that too.

Symbolically and visually, having Cyclops shoot into the sky to reunite the X-Men is a concept that always works. It's like the burning 4 of the Fantastic Four.

Collector Edition:

“You had a dream; I have a plan.”

Sideshow presents the Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure, a new Marvel collectible ready to lead your X-Men lineup.

Inspired by his 90s era X-Men Blue team uniform, the Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure features a detailed head sculpt based on Scott Summers’ comic book appearance, complete with his blue mask and signature red and yellow visor. His costume includes a blue fabric bodysuit, yellow fabric briefs, a fabric belt, and sculpted yellow accents like his belt pouches, chest harness, boots, and thigh bands. Two red ‘X’ buckles add an additional pop of color to Cyclops’ uniform, and the figure also comes with a brown leather-like jacket accessory to complete his classic look.

The Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure features a number of swap-out elements that allow you to create an action-packed pose for this articulated figure. Scott Summers comes with seven different yellow gloved hands, including one pair of fists, one pair of open hands, one pair of pointing hands, and one left thumbs-up gesture hand. Create an even more dynamic display with the included swap-out visor with an optic blast effect, which adds some serious concussive force to any pose configuration.

Take the lead and bring home the Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure to your team of X-Men collectibles today!

Brand
    Marvel
    Manufacturer
    Sideshow Collectibles
    Type
    Sixth Scale Figure
    Artists
    J Park (Sculpt)
    Narae (Sculpt)
    Wan Lee (Paint)
    Namhoon Kim (Paint)
    Mijin Namgung (Costume Fabrication)
    The Sideshow Design and Development Team (Design)
    ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS
    Materials
    Product Size
    Height: 12" (304.8 mm) | *
    Dimensional Weight
    0.00 lbs (0 kg) [Intl. 0.00 lbs (0 kg)] *
    * Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU
    UPC
    © 2020 MARVEL

Both versions are $240 USD