Page 55 of 149 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

I've seen X-Men 1 again and an unexpected effect of Scott having his entire personality reduced to "romantic comedy villain" is that he is, together with Magneto, the only minimally funny character in the entire movie.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    I can't say I'm that interested in these as the heads are are off to me. The mouth specifically seems odd. It's probably just me though, but this sculptor has a mouth design I'm not too big on.

Either way, thanks for posting. It's nice to see that Cyclops is getting quite a bit of new merchandise these days.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

It is not known if it is Rachel or Jean Grey, that data is wrong.

By the way, just a weird Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

So dope!!!!!

Found this image and had to post. He looks so happy. Just a man and his bike.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Lol, he does seem a little weird there. Reminds me of a Ralph McQuarrie C-3PO pic. He doesn't seem happy.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

Found this image and had to post. He looks so happy. Just a man and his bike.
    He needs to get himself a motorcycle...
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-08-2020 at 02:16 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Was reading through John Carter @RedClops123's twitter thread compiling all the (editorially-mandated) shite / nonsensical storylines Cyke went through since schism, and I had no idea JDW was so triggered by Cyke. No wonder things were bad for our boy for so long-- and it took Hickman taking the reigns and creating Utopia 2.0 for some semblance of normal (and better sales) to return to the X-Books.

Sauce: https://twitter.com/RedClops123/stat...31367416508416
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

The truth is that knowing what White has to be suffering with Krakoa being Utopia 2.0 and not being able to do anything because Hickman is much more important than him makes any rancor I have for him no longer matter.

He can't boss Hickman like Rosenberg or Brisson and that makes me happy.
    Last edited by Glio; 05-08-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Mighty Member

The truth is that knowing what White has to be suffering with Krakoa being Utopia 2.0 and not being able to do anything because Hickman is much more important than him makes any rancor I have for him no longer matter.

Time to bring back the "In Hickman, We Trust" slogan back?

Honestly, the bitterness I feel for Hickman's run is because it reads like Utopia 2.0-- but for some reason, everyone is okay with it now. It just doesn't make sense. Until the reconciliation / transition period is written (if at all), the X-Men come off incredibly out of character, at best.
    Last edited by xiyon; 05-08-2020 at 07:41 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post

Honestly, the bitterness I feel for Hickman's run is because it reads like Utopia 2.0-- but for some reason, everyone is okay with it now. It just doesn't make sense. Until the reconciliation / transition period is written (if at all), the X-Men come off incredibly out of character, at best.
    Cyclops being on an island-nation leading the X-Men and everything for his family doesn't seem out of character to me. As I said
    I've been rereading the Dawn of X comics out of boredom and I've noticed something funny. Whenever Scott is directly asked what he thinks of Krakoa (Sue and Polaris), he ends up citing his family, deflecting the issue a bit. And when he is questioned by his father and then Kurt, he makes it clear that he prefers to focus on the good and not the bad.

The only time he shows direct hostility to a Quiet Council decision is when it involves Alex. It is clear to me that Scott's stance towards Krakoa is ambiguous but he feels he has to give a show of unity as Captain Commander. And Krakoa has resurrected her two brothers and given him a home for his family. How can he not support it?

It is a very interesting pressure cooker that there is right now and it is a matter of time to see how it explodes. He knows there are things wrong in Krakoa, he knows there are things right, and it seems that Hickman wants to play with it, with ambiguity and veiled doubts.

Last edited by Glio; 05-08-2020 at 08:41 AM.

By everyone, who do you mean, fans or characters?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, but my issue is what happens when Hickman leaves. While I doubt he'll part in such bad terms, one only has to see what they did with Morrison's work after he left.

But the X-men aren't out of character NOW, they were out of character THEN.