Page 60 of 149 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Say it with me: "It's only wrong when Cyclops does it" XD
    Haha, yes. It was a bit like they were kind of all projecting any potential self-hate that could have resolved from their own actions on Cyke whom they just expected to always be the boy scout and the better man, so that they could get away with doing some terrible stuff themselves.

As for Steve Rogers' character assassination in AvX: I like him as a character in his books, but it was kinda hilarious to watch him become kind of a comedy antagonist in the post-AvX books that were written from Scott's POV.

Scott was such a terrible villain at that time, wasn't he? I mean his worst crime against the Avengers from that time were publicly embarrassing them and considering Ilyana's plans to embarrass them even further by clogging the toilets in their Tower.

Fantastic Member

Hey guys I posted here few months earlier, after dropping marvel for a while I just looked up and suddenly folks were talking about polyamory and I asked to confirm it with you guys, and consensus was they are strongly suggesting it and not trolling, now I didn't pick up X-Men but I just looked up recently and now folks are talking about them being bisexual and everything so again I ask is this legit as well or just trolling

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Colossus went into hiding after AvX to escape his crimes and was recruited by Cable in X-Force. He spent the entirety of that run as a wanted fugitive evading the Avengers
    Colossus literally went and begged to be put in prison and the warden had to call Logan to come get him, which led to Logan telling him that basically no court would convict him due to the Phoenix possession. :/

There were warrants out for the Rasputin siblings arrest. SHIELD/Avengers were not able to apprehend them but we saw them try to do so in Bendis' run and Cable and X-Force in the aftermath of AvX. That obviously was dropped over time with no trial or official pardon for anyone

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Colossus literally went and begged to be put in prison and the warden had to call Logan to come get him, which led to Logan telling him that basically no court would convict him due to the Phoenix possession. :/
    Yeah, while they put Cyke into prison without a trial and he was more or less okay with it until he realized that he was very likely to get murdered there. And even then his initial plan was just to let himself be killed and martyred by Wolverine so that he'd make it quick rather than whatever the thugs in prison had in store for him. And the only time the people in the side that imprisoned him ever addressed the fact that he was suicidal at this point was when Wolverine raged about it to Cap. I understand Logan being angry about being manipulated into killing someone, but still...

Cyke only had Magneto bust him out of prison at the point when he realized that his two choices were either to be murdered or to escape prison. He had two bad choices and went with the better one.

But then again, it's not the first time that Logan and co. blamed Cyclops for choosing the better of two bad choices, it was the same with Schism. The choices he had was either to let Idie engage or let hundreds of innocents as well as Emma, Magneto, Namor, Colossus and Iceman die. I'm sure if he had ordered Idie to evacuate liek Logan wanted, Hank and others would be blaming him for those deaths instead for letting Idie become a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    Yeah, while they put Cyke into prison without a trial and he was more or less okay with it until he realized that he was very likely to get murdered there. And even then his initial plan was just to let himself be killed and martyred by Wolverine so that he'd make it quick rather than whatever the thugs in prison had in store for him. And the only time the people in the side that imprisoned him ever addressed the fact that he was suicidal at this point was when Wolverine raged about it to Cap. I understand Logan being angry about being manipulated into killing someone, but still...

Cyke only had Magneto bust him out of prison at the point when he realized that his two choices were either to be murdered or to escape prison. He had two bad choices and went with the better one.

But then again, it's not the first time that Logan and co. blamed Cyclops for choosing the better of two bad choices, it was the same with Schism. The choices he had was either to let Idie engage or let hundreds of innocents as well as Emma, Magneto, Namor, Colossus and Iceman die. I'm sure if he had ordered Idie to evacuate liek Logan wanted, Hank and others would be blaming him for those deaths instead for letting Idie become a murderer.
    Scott even tells Logan that the official plan is for him to be killed in prison since possession is likely an effective defense at a trial. He only busts out after a fellow mutant inmate is killed and the guards actively prevent him from interfering despite knowing exactly what was happening - making it a sanctioned, extra-judicial state murder.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Oh, I don't disagree that the writers/editors mucked up, spurred on by, as it seems, personal bias. Just because someone is honest doesn't mean they're right or, in this case, factual. But if everyone starts lying their asses off (cue "I'm a fan of Cyclops " when evidence points to the contrary), then you just know your time is wasted on a troll.

Case in point, the usual anti-Cyke troll being deliberately obtuse again in this thread. Their consistency is rather refreshing now, since it feels like the old thread again xD
    Like I said earlier, it's not just a anti-Cyclops thing- the thing is that, as it's often the case, the kind of people that run Marvel like to imagine themselves as progressive defenders of equality, but would be terrified of the minorities actually doing something proactive and aggressive- the type that loves Obama, but are terrified of Black Lives Matters. Or love some corporate liberalism like Hillary Clinton, but would hate something like the #MeToo movement. Cyclops was essentially a minority (in the MU) going to outright war against the status quo because their promises of progress and equal rights were a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Scott even tells Logan that the official plan is for him to be killed in prison since possession is likely an effective defense at a trial. He only busts out after a fellow mutant inmate is killed and the guards actively prevent him from interfering despite knowing exactly what was happening - making it a sanctioned, extra-judicial state murder.
    Funny that I never saw the JDWs and Rosenbergs of the world mention that.

Evidently Scott was to blame for being possessed /s

Spectacular Member

It would be great if they had an issue where Scott, Hank, and Logan all call each other out and then explain why they did what they did...this could be a great way to undue the schism with fans and repair the relationships between these characters

Mighty Member

Bit of a stretch and it's mostly talk about Vulcan, but it's one way the MCU can explain the absence of the X-Men, I suppose.

Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post
    It would be great if they had an issue where Scott, Hank, and Logan all call each other out and then explain why they did what they did...this could be a great way to undue the schism with fans and repair the relationships between these characters
    The Schism has already been undone. That is not factor in current continuity. Scott and Logan's relationship is just fine. The only ounce of animosity in the current era came from Scott being disappointed at Logan getting Jean killed but they are roommates and chummy with each other. It doesnt serve much purpose to readdress Schism in Dawn of X as the characters have effectively all moved on. I really dont see this happening at all bc the ship has long since sailed. I dont recall he interacting with Beast yet but there's no reason to assume there is still beef between them
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-20-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Evidently Scott was to blame for being possessed /s
    These two are still the most accurate fanart for what happened during AvX:

Honestly, though. All Marvel had to do was give a fair and nuanced account of what happened, but you just know JDW got triggered by all the support Cyke got from the fans.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Still wish the X-kids or Cyclops or someone woulda taken vengeance for what happened to those kids under Avengers arrest.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

These two are still the most accurate fanart for what happened during AvX:

Honestly, though. All Marvel had to do was give a fair and nuanced account of what happened, but you just know JDW got triggered by all the support Cyke got from the fans.
    I bothers me to no end when people are like, AvX "is one of the best stories" or "it should be adapted into a movie". How can they view it as not just character assesination across the board? I will never understand how Cyke and co, but mostly Cyke, got so much of the hate after it considering how it went down.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I bothers me to no end when people are like, AvX "is one of the best stories" or "it should be adapted into a movie". How can they view it as not just character assesination across the board? I will never understand how Cyke and co, but mostly Cyke, got so much of the hate after it considering how it went down.
    People that speak towards AvX being the basis of a film dont want an actual adaption of that story. Much like Captain America: Civil War and Age of Ultron were not actual adaptations of the comic stories, but rather take the core concept and branch out from there. AvX is a concept and the Avengers vs X-men is an interesting angle to take. A movie version would likely be nothing like what we saw in the books. CW especially was much better in the movie than it was in the comic crossover. CW the movie handled the hero vs hero in a way that wasnt one sided and character assassination of any of the parties involved