Page 66 of 149 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Please do not remind me of the Mal-ya know what I mean the Eva Bell debacle. Mallory got unpersoned and needed help. Everyone else besides Scott and Magick were jerks.
    I've recently re-read that part of the run and it makes even less sense. The only proof of Scott having some kind of extreme mental breakdown (compared to his general state of mind) is Magneto's words and the way Eva viewed them. However after his death by SHIELD it was clearly shown that he was nowhere near as crazy as they wanted to paint him. I mean his contingency plan in cas of his / Emma's / Magik's death was to make sure that their students are safe at the JGS.

It really annoyed me because Scott having an actual mental breakdown in that run would have made sense following Gillan's AvX: Consequences and I'm all for exploring mental health issues and recovery, but it has to actually be done well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I've recently re-read that part of the run and it makes even less sense. The only proof of Scott having some kind of extreme mental breakdown (compared to his general state of mind) is Magneto's words and the way Eva viewed them. However after his death by SHIELD it was clearly shown that he was nowhere near as crazy as they wanted to paint him. I mean his contingency plan in cas of his / Emma's / Magik's death was to make sure that their students are safe at the JGS.

It really annoyed me because Scott having an actual mental breakdown in that run would have made sense following Gillan's AvX: Consequences and I'm all for exploring mental health issues and recovery, but it has to actually be done well.
    Pretty much.

Again, the setup was good but the execution was shite.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I thought Bendis’ run had it moments.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It did, but his Cyke was bipolar - either he was a confident no fucks given guys when he met the Avengers or SHIELD or he was a kicked puppy who just lay there taking all of the abuse everyone was hurling at him when he met the JGS folks.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

...Really starting to re-evaluate Bendis Uncanny.
    Don't let a few awesome panels and nostalgia trick you into thinking Bendis' X run was any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    Don't let a few awesome panels and nostalgia trick you into thinking Bendis' X run was any good.
    It was good

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Rosenbubbles had his moments, too.

If you enjoyed it, awesome. Go support the dude. The reverse is also true, however.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Bendis' run was not the best but I consider it decent.

The fact that everything that followed was much worse until Hickman arrived certainly helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was good
    Respectfully agree to disagree. The instant Scott Summers called Dazzler an "Uncle Tom" I knew I was done with Bendis forever.

Mighty Member

Respectfully agree to disagree. The instant Scott Summers called Dazzler an "Uncle Tom" I knew I was done with Bendis forever.
    The less said about BMB's Dazzler, the better. She was another example of shoddy editorial considering all her achievements in X-Treme V2.

There's seriously no point buying non-'main' (and even tie-in) books if editorial's just gonna ignore it, anyways.
    Let your wallet talk.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Rosenbubbles had his moments, too.

If you enjoyed it, awesome. Go support the dude. The reverse is also true, however.
    Rosenberg: I am going to reinstate boy scout Scott Summers
    Scott Summers (a couple of chapters later): "**** you, Rogers!"

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    The less said about BMB's Dazzler, the better. She was another example of shoddy editorial considering all her achievements in X-Treme V2.

There's seriously no point buying non-'main' (and even tie-in) books if editorial's just gonna ignore it, anyways.
    I don't even know about editorial on this one. Bendis seemed to go out of his way to crap on Dazzler during that run. It was like watching a grown man bully a fictional character. That's just one of a million things wrong with his X run. He got the X-Men right after AVX, when the franchise had been at its most interesting in years and we ended up with crap like the O5 and Battle of the Atom. Ugh.

I don't even know about editorial on this one. Bendis seemed to go out of his way to crap on Dazzler during that run. It was like watching a grown man bully a fictional character. That's just one of a million things wrong with his X run. He got the X-Men right after AVX, when the franchise had been at its most interesting in years and we ended up with crap like the O5 and Battle of the Atom. Ugh.
    Probably shouldve seen it coming after Hawkeye and Wanda.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I loved what he did with Dazzler! Ultimate Dazzler is the best version of Dazzler and he made her more like her. The biggest crime is that by the time he added her to the team, his run was done so he couldnt do anything with those developments, which were great. Her one issue as a member of his team (UXM 34) was awesome

I so totally disagree with you bc the O5 was one of the best things to happen at the time. ANX was consistently the best X-book of the era and even as his UXM went downhill with the will and Malloy story, ANX stayed top notch. Compared to WatX and the all female team that was also coming out, Bendis books were so much better and made for fun reads
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-07-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Dazzler's been treated as a joke character by most writers so you would think the Dazzler stans would be used to it by now.