Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I loved what he did with Dazzler! Ultimate Dazzler is the best version of Dazzler and he made her more like her. The biggest crime is that by the time he added her to the team, his run was done so he couldnt do anything with those developments, which were great. Her one issue as a member of his team (UXM 34) was awesome

I so totally disagree with you bc the O5 was one of the best things to happen at the time. ANX was consistently the best X-book of the era and even as his UXM went downhill with the will and Malloy story, ANX stayed top notch. Compared to WatX and the all female team that was also coming out, Bendis books were so much better and made for fun reads
    As someone who was very against the 05 and all the stuff he was setting up initially, I have to say that I agree with this here. Dazzler's real only problem was that her change was not really developed into anything significant. And I did have problems with the costume but that's a different thing. 05 and Battle of The Atom were great ideas that just didn't stick the landing very well. But yeah, Bendis books were pretty much the best books out of that era by a large margin.

Spectacular Member

I'm at that stage of my Cyke obsession where I actually went to read the original appreciation thread on here and it really made me wish soomeone would write a crack fanfic re-write of Bendis' Uncanny in which Illyana and Emma keep revenge pranking the rrrhate crowd for their sins in AvX and keep signing their work with Cyclops' name while poor Scott is unaware and baffled at why nobody seems to believe his conflicted emo shtick when he voices his regret about Charles' death and why they keep pounding on him with their rrrhate. Pom X should definitely make an appearance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I'm at that stage of my Cyke obsession where I actually went to read the original appreciation thread on here and it really made me wish soomeone would write a crack fanfic re-write of Bendis' Uncanny in which Illyana and Emma keep revenge pranking the rrrhate crowd for their sins in AvX and keep signing their work with Cyclops' name while poor Scott is unaware and baffled at why nobody seems to believe his conflicted emo shtick when he voices his regret about Charles' death and why they keep pounding on him with their rrrhate. Pom X should definitely make an appearance.
    Pom X was awesome. Pom X is the best bud Cyke should have gotten in the aftermath of AvX. Kudos to Fluffy for bringing the greatest puppy to the fandom.

Also, Pom X commands all to kneel!

Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

But Scott already has a furry pet in his house, his name is Wolverine.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Pom X was awesome. Pom X is the best bud Cyke should have gotten in the aftermath of AvX. Kudos to Fluffy for bringing the greatest puppy to the fandom.

Also, Pom X commands all to kneel!

Also, he should have just started rescuing stray puppies after AvX and stayed away from all the mutant drama until the rrrhate crowd crawled to him on their knees when they realize they're doomed without him, haha.

Spectacular Member

I would even share my Westie with post-AvX Scott though I'm pretty sure he'd just use Scott as a pillow:

20200610_102442.jpg

20200610_102842.jpg

I would even share my Westie with post-AvX Scott though I'm pretty sure he'd just use Scott as a pillow:

20200610_102442.jpg

20200610_102842.jpg
    That...is...adorable.

My day is made. Thank you.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

So I have finally come around to reading the A+X chapters with Cyke and Captain America and I have to say Cap should have totally had his Scott Summers' rrrhaterz club card revoked. While he hit the exact necessary number of times to tell Cyke he was the man who murdered Xavier (who was all of a sudden Caps' good friend?), he totally failed to point out Cyke's hypocrisy about wearing this apron:

cykecap.jpg

I'm sure the JGS' staff would have totally made a dig at that. And now I kinda wish to see a comic of Scott making dinner for Emma and Illyana at their Weapon X headquarters.

Also, X-Men #3 finally arrived on Marvel Unlimited earlier this week and it made me realize how much I miss good new Scemma content

scem.jpg

Mighty Member

So I have finally come around to reading the A+X chapters with Cyke and Captain America and I have to say Cap should have totally had his Scott Summers' rrrhaterz club card revoked. While he hit the exact necessary number of times to tell Cyke he was the man who murdered Xavier (who was all of a sudden Caps' good friend?), he totally failed to point out Cyke's hypocrisy about wearing this apron:

cykecap.jpg

I'm sure the JGS' staff would have totally made a dig at that. And now I kinda wish to see a comic of Scott making dinner for Emma and Illyana at their Weapon X headquarters.

Also, X-Men #3 finally arrived on Marvel Unlimited earlier this week and it made me realize how much I miss good new Scemma content

scem.jpg
    Wanna know who shouldn't get their rrrhaterz club card revoked? ;D

Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Spectacular Member

Ugh.

So I've also read AXIS over the weekend and it had me confused. I thought Cyke was supposed to be a mutant supremacist villain at least after AvX, but then that's what he got inverted into along with Havok, Storm etc., so...

Also, why didn't all the inverted heroes end up in jail afterwards? How is getting forcefully inverted to a villain any different than having teh Phoenix forcefully dropped onto you?

I know I should just stop expecting these things to make any sense, I guess in Marvel a hero only goes to jail if it fits the needs of the editorial.

He's trolling

Ugh.

So I've also read AXIS over the weekend and it had me confused. I thought Cyke was supposed to be a mutant supremacist villain at least after AvX, but then that's what he got inverted into along with Havok, Storm etc., so...

Also, why didn't all the inverted heroes end up in jail afterwards? How is getting forcefully inverted to a villain any different than having teh Phoenix forcefully dropped onto you?

I know I should just stop expecting these things to make any sense, I guess in Marvel a hero only goes to jail if it fits the needs of the editorial.
    What did they do that would warrant that? The worst of that was Apocalypse leading the X-men to create a gene bomb to kill humans in NY, but that was never released. It ended up being all talk with no actual damage done.
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-15-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Spectacular Member

Oh man I totally forgot about Axis, I wonder if it’s worth taking another look at it again...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post
    Oh man I totally forgot about Axis, I wonder if it’s worth taking another look at it again...
    I've only read the main series and not the tie-ins, but it was kinda meh for me.

BANNED

It has ever been officially established if the red/pinkish energy of his concussive beam comes from another dimension or it's entirely produced by his body?

I still think it comes from an alternate universe, and his cellular process just metabolizes the spark/inprint necessary to open the "warp fissures" behind his eyes.

Also, I must confess that I find the idea of the psyonic field, generated by his mind, surrounding his organism and protecting it from the energy and Havok's plasm a bit far-fatched. Is he immune to any type of plasm, not just Havok's? It doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    It has ever been officially established if the red/pinkish energy of his concussive beam comes from another dimension or it's entirely produced by his body?

I still think it comes from an alternate universe, and his cellular process just metabolizes the spark/inprint necessary to open the "warp fissures" behind his eyes.

Also, I must confess that I find the idea of the psyonic field, generated by his mind, surrounding his organism and protecting it from the energy and Havok's plasm a bit far-fatched. Is he immune to any type of plasm, not just Havok's? It doesn't make sense.
    That punch dimension stuff is not canon and has never been referenced in any comic as being the source of his powers.

We know Scott isnt immune to energy blasts as we've seen him blasted all throughout his history. He is immune to his brother's though and it makes sense bc he is able to metabolize Havok's energy so it has no effect on him
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-16-2020 at 07:00 AM.