Page 68 of 149 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That punch dimension stuff is not canon and has never been referenced in any comic as being the source of his powers.

We know Scott isnt immune to energy blasts as we've seen him blasted all throughout his history. He is immune to his brother's though and it makes sense bc he is able to metabolize Havok's energy so it has no effect on him
    Even Scott being immune to his own blasts seems to vary based on the story, despite have been openly stated at least as far back as Claremon's first issue.
    Dark does not mean deep.

That punch dimension stuff is not canon and has never been referenced in any comic as being the source of his powers.

We know Scott isnt immune to energy blasts as we've seen him blasted all throughout his history. He is immune to his brother's though and it makes sense bc he is able to metabolize Havok's energy so it has no effect on him
    Ahem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...cyclopss_beam/

Can't for the life of me attach image from my phone.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 06-16-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    This site can’t be reachedencrypted-tbn0.%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A’s server IP address could not be found.
    Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I have the physical copy of "The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe" issue 3 "Collector-Dracula" from March 1983. In the entry on Cyclops it says his eyes "are interdimensional apertures between this universe and another, non-Einsteinan universe, where physical laws as we know them do not pertain. This non-Einsteinian universe is filled with particles which resemble photons, yet they interact with this universe's particles by transferring kinetic energy in the form of gravitons (the particle of gravitation). These particles generate great, directional concussive forces when they interact with the objects of another dimension."

Cyke's eyes are, indeed, portals to another universe. And I find that so dope!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I have the physical copy of "The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe" issue 3 "Collector-Dracula" from March 1983. In the entry on Cyclops it says his eyes "are interdimensional apertures between this universe and another, non-Einsteinan universe, where physical laws as we know them do not pertain. This non-Einsteinian universe is filled with particles which resemble photons, yet they interact with this universe's particles by transferring kinetic energy in the form of gravitons (the particle of gravitation). These particles generate great, directional concussive forces when they interact with the objects of another dimension."

I just wish writers would do more with this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post

Why do people people keep going back to that as proof? Like I said its noncanon and NEVER referenced in any comic book. Its my understanding that the handbooks in the early 80s were poorly edited and written by interns that would make up stuff without fact checking. People that tkat one line in some handbook as fact when there's been 60 years worth of material that contradicts this. Even subsequent editions refuted this and have been inconsistent. I dare anyone to actually find a scan from anywhere in the comics where it mentions the punch dimension in relation to Scott's powers? I bet that cant be found bc its not canon

Scott absorbing energy and being able to power up his own optic blasts makes more sense and its the definition of his powers from the 60s that has been fairly consistent and been referenced numerous times. Yet people would rather ignore this and stick to him having an interdimensional gateway in his eyes......
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-16-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Why do people people keep going back to that as proof? Like I said its noncanon and NEVER referenced in any comic book. Its my understanding that the handbooks in the early 80s were poorly edited and written by interns that would make up stuff without fact checking. People that tkat one line in some handbook as fact when there's been 60 years worth of material that contradicts this. Even subsequent editions refuted this and have been inconsistent. I dare anyone to actually find a scan from anywhere in the comics where it mentions the punch dimension in relation to Scott's powers? I bet that cant be found bc its not canon

Scott absorbing energy and being able to power up his own optic blasts makes more sense and its the definition of his powers from the 60s that has been fairly consistent and been referenced numerous times. Yet people would rather ignore this and stick to him having an interdimensional gateway in his eyes......
    'Punches from the punch dimension' is far cooler than generic energy absorbion and blast.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    'Punches from the punch dimension' is far cooler than generic energy absorbion and blast.
    not really. It sounds stupid and makes no sense

If he made the blasts his neck would snap.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

not really. It sounds stupid and makes no sense
    Seeing that it doesn't break the law of conservation of energy, I say it makes more sense than most superpowers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If he made the blasts his neck would snap.
    For a good start.

I mean, it's impossible, even for a mutant body, to self-generate such a HUGE amount of energy, without producing any sideline heat or friction.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    For a good start.

I mean, it's impossible, even for a mutant body, to self-generate such a HUGE amount of energy, without producing any sideline heat or friction.
    Why? There are plenty of mutants that do so. There are plenty unlike Scott that can even transform into beings of pure energy

Finally, on my laptop.

I knew someone was going to post that but its not proof thats linked to Scott

I knew someone was going to post that but its not proof thats linked to Scott
    What else could it possibly be? No one goes out of their way to write "a dimension of pure, endless concussive force" and make it not be the reference to Scott's powers.