Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Combination of several factors:

-Most of the overcaffeinated fans have been banned.

-This thread historically doubled as a Scemma appreciation thread. The Rectangle and an actual Scemma Appreciation thread negate the need for that, and the current poly status quo in the books has rendered that mostly moot.

-The other big thing fueling this thread was RightClops fandom and vehement pushback against Marvel's "Cyclops was wrong" stance. Again, the current status quo in the books has rendered that moot.

-Hickman's plot-centric, conceptually focused approach hasn't so far included the kind of highly emotional, character-driven drama that typically energizes online fans.

-Hickman's Cyclops is a very different character than the one his immediate predecessor (i.e. Rosenberg) portrayed. Almost the diametric opposite, really, and we haven't yet seen on-panel the evolution from the latter to the former. Add in the muddying effect of the cloning/resurrection protocol, and there's an emotional disconnect for fans between the Cyclops they were reading before and the one they're reading now. Upcoming stories may change this.

TL;DR: there isn't as much to argue about as there used to be.
    Correct on all counts although the first couple points are really a couple years ago now. We used to have some very colorful characters making the rounds here. Violent differences of opinion do wonders for post counts.

Scott's best stories tend to be high stakes\high emotion stories that feed off his particular neurosis and overcoming it. Hickman's world doesn't really work for Scott. He's visible, like a print on the wall. He can point to him and say "see, Scott's here". People forget that Scott's thinking hasn't aligned exactly to Charles since the Silver Age. Without that divergence, and with Chuck in the drivers seat, coupled with a complete lack of personal drama, there's really not much for Scott to do or say.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I'd love to see one of those 80-page giants showing what Scott was up to from the end of RosenCanny to the start-up of Krakoa. Maybe even use that as the trigger for him finding out about Moira and her knowledge of the future. I'm just spitballing here, but *something* needs to be done to get X-Men to actually feel important again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I'd love to see one of those 80-page giants showing what Scott was up to from the end of RosenCanny to the start-up of Krakoa. Maybe even use that as the trigger for him finding out about Moira and her knowledge of the future. I'm just spitballing here, but *something* needs to be done to get X-Men to actually feel important again.
    I'm not even sure if RosenCanny happened. Can't remember--- was Rahne explicitly stated to have been resurrected? Because, the way Hickman set things up, it feels more like the timeline diverged at some point. Again, Hickman's HoX/PoX shenanigans allows him to cherry pick continuity.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm not even sure if RosenCanny happened. Can't remember--- was Rahne explicitly stated to have been resurrected? Because, the way Hickman set things up, it feels more like the timeline diverged at some point. Again, Hickman's HoX/PoX shenanigans allows him to cherry pick continuity.
    Yes. It happened. They directly referenced Shinobi's death at the end of Uncanny X-Men in Marauders and Rahnes death was referenced in New Mutants I believe.

We also know that it was a rosenberg's mission to make the X-Men's situation so bleak and hopeless in order to set the stage for HoX.

BANNED

Is X men #5 coming next week?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Nah, looks like only Marauders and Excalibur next week.

Amazing Member

Yea I thought #5 was coming out next week too. Oh well.

BANNED

Finally the guy is getting a sidekick. Good for him.

Cyclops’ #1 Fan or Cyclops’ #1 Daughter?

There's no way this is making it past 6 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    There's no way this is making it past 6 issues.
    With an amazing writer and amazing interior/cover artists???

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Cyclops’ #1 Fan or Cyclops’ #1 Daughter?

They are cosplays

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They are cosplays
    ¿¿Says who??

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ¿¿Says who??
    Xavier files. They are kids that grew looking up to X-men and are fans, it is on the announcement

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Xavier files. They are kids that grew looking up to X-men and are fans, it is on the announcement
    lol he isn’t at official on Marvel.

“MY take on it became, what would actual kids from our current time be like if they were X-Men sidekicks? What would Gen Z X-Men be like?”

I don’t think they’re literally speaking to who they are, otherwise they would be from our time ala Gwenpool.