Page 74 of 149 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2233
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, I don't see a lot of people following Bishop after his, uh, antics with Hope.

Old Man Cable could easily be a replacement in the general category, but in the symbolism department I think there's no one can that can replace Scott. Most people in Krakoa expect someone like Apocalypse or Sinister to jump ship, but if Xavier can't even keep Cyclops around, that would be a sign of deep trouble.

Spectacular Member

Cool interview about the Cyke Snapshots story here.

Amazingly I actually managed to find a website in my country where I was able to pre-order this. Usually I have to use UK websites to get a TPB or omnibus, because comics are not that popular over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont believe Scott's marriage to Maddie was ever really legal considering all her documents were fabricated since we would later learned that she wasnt whom she claimed to be (courtesy Sinister's manipulatons)

As for Jean, Im not sure if it was every addressed in the books but their vows said till death do us part and a marriage legally comes to an end with divorce or death. Scott had her declared dead and buried and he himself would later die
    Yeah but death isn't permanent in the MCU so how is that handled legally. Does Cable get to file the Insurance claim being his Biological son and legal Heir? How does THAT work. See this is the kind of stuff Walter's should be tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Yeah but death isn't permanent in the MCU so how is that handled legally. Does Cable get to file the Insurance claim being his Biological son and legal Heir? How does THAT work. See this is the kind of stuff Walter's should be tackling.
    I'd say that given the fact that death is temporary only for a few individuals (the vast majority of the population stays dead) it probably works in the standard manner - although a court case for those who return might be in order. There might also be a time requirement - otherwise how many times could the family of I-Man have been able to inherit? Maybe if they return before the reading of the will it doesn't count as an actual death?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    MCU? I think you mean MU. The X-men still live and operate within the legalities of the world and in the United States, marriage is legally ended with death. If a death certificate is filed, then the marriage no longer legally exists. Jean had a funeral and headstone; she was legally dead, therefore making Scott single. A death certificate can be invalidated if a person is proven to be alive (rare, but it does happen when missing persons presumed dead turn up). In that event, it would be up to the two parties if they wanted to go through the channels to reinstate their marriage.

In terms of Jean and Scott's current status, they dont live in the US, so they were unlikely to have done that and we dont know how Krakoa handles marriages and legalities of partnerships. Krakoa is in a unique position as we cant take past knowledge nad apply it here as they are making things up as they go along

As for insurance claims, thats assuming they are even eligible for life insurance. An agent worth half his job would deny all the X-men. Not only are they at high risk for dying suddently, they can and do get resurrected
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-06-2020 at 10:46 AM.

MCU? I think you mean MU. The X-men still live and operate within the legalities of the world and in the United States, marriage is legally ended with death. If a death certificate is filed, then the marriage no longer legally exists. Jean had a funeral and headstone; she was legally dead, therefore making Scott single. A death certificate can be invalidated if a person is proven to be alive (rare, but it does happen when missing persons presumed dead turn up). In that event, it would be up to the two parties if they wanted to go through the channels to reinstate their marriage.

In terms of Jean and Scott's current status, they dont live in the US, so they were unlikely to have done that and we dont know how Krakoa handles marriages and legalities of partnerships. Krakoa is in a unique position as we cant take past knowledge nad apply it here as they are making things up as they go along

As for insurance claims, thats assuming they are even eligible for life insurance. An agent worth half his job would deny all the X-men. Not only are they at high risk for dying suddently, they can and do get resurrected
    Like being a test pilot - life insurance not available at any price.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Like being a test pilot - life insurance not available at any price.
    True. Heck, they probably get more out of dying in some ways. Best excuse for everything. Makes me wonder how their debt works.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

After seeing Jean go off on Beast, I want to see her and Scott trade notes on what a sh-tty hypocritical friend he is

After seeing Jean go off on Beast, I want to see her and Scott trade notes on what a sh-tty hypocritical friend he is
    I'd love to see that too. Seriously, Beast keeps finding new ways to lose both his credibility and the moral high ground. He keeps making excuses for all his bad decisions, but still condemns others for theirs. It's really annoying and I hope Cyclops gets the same chance Jean did to call him out on it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Eeh, Scott’s seems to be in a pretty zen place these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Eeh, Scott’s seems to be in a pretty zen place these days.
    He wasnt the last time we saw him which I believe was Hellions

I mentioned it a long time ago but it seems that Cyclops is quite at peace with himself as long as they don't touch his family. He seems to want to distance himself from controversies and moral gray areas. The turning point is likely to be somewhat related to the resurrection of Vulcan, which would be quite poetic.

Regarding Beast: Hank, Logan and Ororo always reproached Scott with "what would Jean think about everything about X-Force". He has to be holding back his laughter.

They threatened one of his family, and he seems to be making more of an effort with his family. Save for that instance though Cyke has been rather chill. Just don’t come after his.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-08-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Jean is his family and pissing her off shouldnt go over well, especially since Beast really made her mad. I dont expect to see it but it would make sense that she would talk to Scott about what happened

As we know, those two are too busy to talk about ****.