Page 84 of 149 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    I miss sing your art.
    Marvel is going with something good for them, but now I am only picking up issues that only have Cyclops or Emma and that I like, if I don't like it I don't bother with it. When from following 2-4 x men books to independent issues.
    Bleach is coming back and One piece is picking up, got into Attack on Titan so Cyclops snapshot will be the last comic book I ever buy. Honestly seen 2012 I have not enjoy a x men comics, is been a long time coming.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Thank goodness Scott has his glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Bleach is coming back and One piece is picking up, got into Attack on Titan so Cyclops snapshot will be the last comic book I ever buy. Honestly seen 2012 I have not enjoy a x men comics, is been a long time coming.
    Comic collecting is definitely tough. I tend to always skip around myself. With all this free time, I might as well get back into drawing, lol.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-21-2020 at 01:51 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member

Do you guys think that Cyke will appear in any of the other X of Swords book other than Cable #5 even though he's not one of the sword wielders?

I've found out that I could subscribe to getting X-men monthly on Marvel website without a very crazy shipping fee which I previously thought impossible, so I went for it starting with the next issue, but Cyke was my main reason for going for the print subscription, so it would be disappointing if he's not majorly featured in the first two issues I get.

He would be in one or two pages and it be the end of it. He doesn't have one of the 12 swords from what I seen.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Iirc Bleach's anime is the one that's coming back (to cover the last arc of the manga)
    Btw, it isn't widely promoted but the company behind the Shōnen Jump released an app were you can read for free the first and last 3 chapters of their mangas with same week release in English or Spanish.

Most of the X-Men comics, the main ones most of all, are building future stories. The pace and tone should start changing once we start seeing the payoffs

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    He would be in one or two pages and it be the end of it. He doesn't have one of the 12 swords from what I seen.
    Ahh, well, here's hoping that he'll feature more in the 10 issues after that and that he'll actually get to do something rather than just being the POV character.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    Ahh, well, here's hoping that he'll feature more in the 10 issues after that and that he'll actually get to do something rather than just being the POV character.
    I am skipping this event.

Spectacular Member

With the lack of new Cyke content I've started writing a fic which was supposed to be mainly a Scott & Bobby friendship fic because there's few of those out there, but it ended up being an idea for a whole post-AvX AU story. I'm up to 12.000 words, but knowing myself still unsure if I'll ever finish it.

If anyone's interested, here's the prologue:

Logan took a few deep breaths trying to contain his anger and disappointment. He did not take kindly to someone trying to use him as a weapon and the idea infuriated him even more when such a ploy devised to make him complicit in a suicide that could lead to an all-out war between the mutants and humans came from someone he had once chosen to respect and follow. A loud SNIKT noise filled the long corridor of the prison as his claws popped out. He stood still in his tracks as his sensitive ears caught the tiniest hint of a muffled scream. Choked down and repressed just as the emotions of the man from whom the cry escaped. Wolverine looked at the door in front of him and contemplated leaving and letting the exhausting tale of the man’s downfall that had been plaguing him for the past few years end. He let out a few choice words. Chuck would want him to be better than that.
    He turned on his heels and returned to the mutant block at a jog, once there he was welcomed with the sight of Scott Summers convulsing on the ground as one of the guards pushed a button on the control device. Logan knocked it from his hands and crushed the thing in the palm of his hand before throwing it back to the prison employee.
    “Ya alright?” he asked his former leader as the prisoner tried to gather himself on the ground.
    But before Scott could speak, Wolverine’s nostrils filled in with the acrid smell of terror and the younger man’s body was rocked by another seizure.
    “The hell did ya do?” Logan growled at the guards.
    Both of them rose their arms up in fear and shook their heads quickly.
    “Nothing.”
    A thorough sniff of the air confirmed that they weren’t lying.
    “Get a medic. Now!” Wolverine barked.
    Scott’s legs and arms kept jerking uncontrollably for almost another minute. Logan knew better than to grab his body and try to restrain its movements, he knew he had to wait until the rush of the seizure would relent. Instead he quickly moved to remove any objects that the other mutant could bump into, not that there was much in the meager holding cell.
    Scott’s feet were dangling from out of the window as he watched the pavement below the building and wondered about how the splash of his blood would look in his red tinted vision. He only held onto the inside of the window as he braced himself for the imminent fall. For a moment he would fly and finally feel as free as he had felt back in his mother’s embrace all those years ago. And the world would be a better place without him in it. After all he was a walking weapon and it was only a matter of time before he hurt someone. He had already put people into too much danger by allowing himself to fall into the hands of a trigger happy madman like Jack Winters. The only way he could fix that mistake was by ending it all before the criminal could unleash the nuke in his head onto the world. He wasn’t worried that it would hurt, pain had become his constant companion over the past few years. He clutched his stomach as it groaned with hunger with his right hand. Another sign that this world had nothing but further suffering in store for him. He closed his eyes to make sure that the damned force in his eyes would not betray him one more time by dampening the impact of his fall.
    As the shaking finally subsided, Scott tried to push himself from the ground but he stumbled back as he wasn’t counting with the weight of the helmet. He looked around, dazed and confused.
    He started shivering and a string of nonsensical and jumbled words escaped his mouth. Underneath the gibberish a few words such as jumping, hell and dying found their way into Logan’s ear.
    The older mutant tried to reach out and put a calming hand on his shoulder.
    Scott jolted as if the touch had burned him and scuffled backwards towards the back of the cell as if trying to shrink into the corner.
    “Don’t touch me,” he snarled finally before he reverted back to his gibbering.
    Astonished by the scene in front of him, Logan tried to get a read of the whole thing by another means, taking a sniff of the smells coming from Cyclops discovering a surprising lack of the odor of familiarity between them.
    “****,” he muttered, looking around for the medic.
    Instead his ear drums suffered under the onslaught of iron clad feet bouncing off the ground as Tony Stark came running in his full Iron Man suit.
    He stopped himself in front of the cell and opened his helmet, taking in the picture.
    “I thought you called for an emergency?”
    “I called for a fucking medic.”
    “Yeah, turns out those are in short supply when it comes to shady government sponsored prisons. And behold I was the next best thing around.”
    Tony’s attention was caught by a whimpering sound escaping the cell.
    “Tell me he’s not laughing.”
    “He ain’t laughing, I’m pretty sure he’s crying actually,” Logan said, lightning a cigarette in his mouth.
    “The hell did you do to him, Logan?”
    “Nothin’,” the short man protested. “Why’d ya assume it was me?”
    “Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because you unceremoniously told Steve this morning that if you go see Mr. Summers over there you would kill him?”
    “And he still ain’t dead.”
    “There also appears to be a substantial lack of blood oozing from any of his crevices in order for this to be a result of your work now that you mention it.”
    “No kiddin’.”
    “So what happened?”
    “Shitty holes that the government allows to be called prisons have a shady knack of torturing mutants with seizure inducing collars.”
    “And? I’m pretty sure that’s not what got our boy over there whimpering, as I recall you reminded me several times during the less pleasant of our missions where you complained about my girly screaming that Slim would have grinded his teeth through it without the sound effects.”
    At Wolverine’s annoyed face he continued: “Ok, I get it. Former mutant leader and cruel and unusual punishment bad. But it’s not like we actually had a say in this particular joint of B&B that he has gotten himself into.”
    “Your bedside manner sure needs work, second best thing after a medic. Maybe you might wanna actually take a look at the patient.”
    Tony turned around to look at Scott and was relieved to see that the whimpering fit seemed to have stopped as he was drowning in second-hand embarrassment and his chattering with Logan was his way of stalling the inevitable. The seizure he was looking at didn’t serve to make him much happier though. He winced as he saw Scott’s hand bash against the metal frame of the bed, that might easily end up costing the man a few broken fingers.
    “Okay, that’s not good,” he told Wolverine. “But not much one can do in the middle of a seizure, we have to wait until it stops. Maybe you could become useful and go ask the sicko who runs this place to stop inducing them though. Try to do it nicely, but use of claws isn’t strictly forbidden.”
    “Haha,” Logan drawled. “I’ll take care of him for sure. Later. But I can assure you, he’s not doing this,” he said showing Iron Man the collar he had cut off from Scott’s neck after he caught the guards torturing him.
    “So he keeps having the seizures. Wonderful.”
    “Three in the last five minutes. And that’s not the worst of it.”
    “What is?”
    “Looks like some kind of amnesia. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t recognize me.”
    “This keep getting better and better. We’re busting him out of here, aren’t we?” Tony said gravely.
    “He’s dead meat here if he won’t be able to protect himself. And if he dies, I can assure you it will ignite a full scale war between humans and mutants.”
    “Right,” Tony said as he turned around to face Scott again, aiming his Iron Man suit at the other man’s shoulder.
    “The hell are ya doing?” Logan shouted.
    “Relax. I just borrowed some sleep arrows from our resident bird-boy. He’ll come around in an hour or two. We might as well use that time to get him somewhere else.”

I feel like there's alot happening in the X-world and Scott is missing out on all of it

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I feel like there's alot happening in the X-world and Scott is missing out on all of it
    Yeah, that seems to be true, and isn't the same also true for Storm at the moment? I'm only caught up to issues #4-5 of DoX books, but I don't seem to recall any content with her asides from her group interactions as part of the Council.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    Yeah, that seems to be true, and isn't the same also true for Storm at the moment? I'm only caught up to issues #4-5 of DoX books, but I don't seem to recall any content with her asides from her group interactions as part of the Council.
    She at least was in today's Wolverine so the drought isnt as bad with her

She at least was in today's Wolverine so the drought isnt as bad with her
    Cyclops is in the fantastic four crossover, but then again...

Either way, I'm hoping he has at least a somewhat purposeful role in X-men #10. He doesn't seem to have an integral role in the upcoming events, so I'm at least hoping for some quality moments.

That being said, Cyclops and Storm do seem to have little going on for them, story wise at least.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-22-2020 at 02:04 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

The only function Cyclops current have in the x-books is give the impression that the stand alone issues of X-Men are more than just world building.

Cyclops can be in almost every issue but he is never the star of the X-Men comic, but whatever character is with him, because that is the character Hickman actually decided to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The only function Cyclops current have in the x-books is give the impression that the stand alone issues of X-Men are more than just world building.

Cyclops can be in almost every issue but he is never the star of the X-Men comic, but whatever character is with him, because that is the character Hickman actually decided to use.
    yeah [people said that it was gonna essentially be a Cyclops solo with special guests but thats not how its turning out. Its not his "X-men Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Yeah, it does seem like that a bit. Part of the problem is that everything is one and done. I kinda wish there was at least some carry over or an arc of some form.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia