Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But if the Council knew they were up against Maddie, they probably would have sent a different team.

That's where Sinister's political game comes in, hiding information and half-truths, without ever breaking the rules or being openly confrontational. At the end of the day if the Hellions win he can say "See? It worked." If the Hellions fail, Sinister can deny all knowledge about Maddie.

Sinister probably didn't want Scott to know Maddie was there because as the leader of the X-Men on a field mission there his authority would be superior to Sinister's.

As I said, it is all a political game. Sinister doesn't break the rules, he doesn't need it.
    Maybe, but I dont feel that is a failure of the QC. Considering Sinister kept that to himself, no one was going to know Maddie was there until they investigated. The only reason they knew that anything needed to be checked on was bc of Sinister. His intentions werent honorable but ultimately he wasnt exactly wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe, but I dont feel that is a failure of the QC. Considering Sinister kept that to himself, no one was going to know Maddie was there until they investigated. The only reason they knew that anything needed to be checked on was bc of Sinister. His intentions werent honorable but ultimately he wasnt exactly wrong
    That's what I'm saying, it's not the QC's fault, all that mess is Sinister being sneaky (as Sinister usually is).

That's what I'm saying, it's not the QC's fault, all that mess is Sinister being sneaky (as Sinister usually is).
    The place where the QC is likely at fault was in not accounting for Sinister to be Sinister. Poccy and even Mystique are more reliable and trustworthy than Essex.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The place where the QC is likely at fault was in not accounting for Sinister to be Sinister. Poccy and even Mystique are more reliable and trustworthy than Essex.
    How is that possible? They all should know who Sinister is and made the proper precautions. Unless they're duplicates without the full memories of the people who have this. Sinister is the Quiet Council's responsibility, anything he does is on their heads.

Apocalypse was Sinister's "mentor" and a crucial role model that he followed in to the man he became. Trusting Apocalypse is a fool's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    How is that possible? They all should know who Sinister is and made the proper precautions. Unless they're duplicates without the full memories of the people who have this. Sinister is the Quiet Council's responsibility, anything he does is on their heads.

Apocalypse was Sinister's "mentor" and a crucial role model that he followed in to the man he became. Trusting Apocalypse is a fool's game.
    It's possible because I am using then as a barometer for exactly how untrustworthy Sinister is. Even Mystique and her chronic backstabbing disorder is more trustworthy than Sinister. That's how bad he is.
    Dark does not mean deep.

So the x-men got rid of the Death Blossom from the Blue Area of the Moon?
    It wasn’t shown on panel from Empyre #6
    I wonder if the x-men kept it and hiding it next to the summers house

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Didn't Vulcan destroy it?

Didn't Vulcan destroy it?

Did he? Was it shown?

But the last starfighter wasn't at the base when the meteor gun impacted, so we might still have to worry about it. :P
    Dark does not mean deep.

Did he? Was it shown?
    That is what I interpreted when he exploded as a nuclear bomb.

The last Top Ten Nerd video (which mentions Scott) left me with a rather bitter aftertaste in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    The last Top Ten Nerd video (which mentions Scott) left me with a rather bitter aftertaste in my mouth
    What shots did they take this time? Based of off what selective canon?
    Dark does not mean deep.

The video was based on the superhero's most shocking betrayals
    Apparently Scott was a traitor for being forcibly possessed by the Phoenix, breaking down because of Xavier's psychic assaults and the Phoenix's grip, and deciding to save as many new mutants as possible. And his actions are apparently more shocking than Gambit's when he participated in the Morlock Massacre

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Apparently Scott was a traitor for being forcibly possessed by the Phoenix, breaking down because of Xavier's psychic assaults and the Phoenix's grip, and deciding to save as many new mutants as possible. And his actions are apparently more shocking than Gambit's when he participated in the Morlock Massacre
    I feel like this is what we usually get most of the time. It's more surprising when something positive is said.

Negatives aside, any positive news to be aware of?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Don't forget that the Avengers were actively trying to kill him when he was possessed, and despite possessing the power to completely warp reality he somehow managed to avoid killing anyone except Xavier.

And more importantly, don't forget that after they defeat him, they do what he wanted to do from the start and give the Phoenix force to Hope who uses it to restore mutantkind.

It was one of the most baffling event endings I've ever read.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.