Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Stan "The Man" Lee!!!

Thank you so much for co-creating the 616 Marvel Universe and launching THE MARVEL AGE of comics in 1961. Thanks for listening to your lovely wife Joan who encouraged you to write the kind of story the way you wanted to and not what the publisher wanted you to do.
    You were BLESSED to collaborate with the likes of Jack King Kirby, Sturdy Steve Ditko, Dazzling Donny Heck, Wild Bill Everett, Gene The Dean Colan, Jazzy Johnny Ring-A-Ding Romita, Big John Buscema, Bob Powell, Wallace Wood, George Tuska, Gil Kane and Ross Andru. Thank you for crediting them, for acknowledging their wonderful contributions and for the 'Marvel Method'.

The Fantastic Four ; I LOVED the World's Greatest Comic Magazine, the corner-stone of the 616 Marvel Universe. THANK YOU for bringing back Prince Namor the Savage Sub-Mariner in FF issue 4. Also, thanks so much for Mole Man, Skrulls, Dr. Doom, Molecule Man, Inhumans, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Black Panther and his country Wakanda,the Sentry, Kree and Him. The FF were unique to me because they were the only superhero-team with public identities which distinguished them from the others. Unfortunately, EVERYBODY has a public identity now, which took away the uniqueness of the FF away from me. I hope the 2 movies about them were to your liking. I am certain you will be pleased with the movie of your co-creation King T'Challa, the way cool Black Panther, in 2017 and also with the Inhumans in 2018.

The Incredible Hulk ; Thank you for making him green after issue 1, Peter David, 25 years later, did an outstanding job with Joe Fixit, for the Hulk's ability to leap miles, to have Rick Jones reveal the Hulk's secret identity which made Banner a wanted fugitive and for 'Hulk is strongest one there is!'. Thanks for Tyrannus, the Leader and Abomination,.The Hulk tv series did your co-creation proud, the Hulk movies were great and he was the star in the very first 'vengers movie.

The Mighty Thor ; Thank you for the creation of the medical doctor Donald Blake. A doctor and a warrior sharing their existence, how cool! I LOVED his debut and the romance with Jane Foster. Thanks for Thor streaking thru the air when he holds on to Mjolnir's leather thong. Thanks for Loki, Zarrko the tomorrow man, Grey Gargoyle, Mister Hyde, Cobra, Amora the Enchantress, Skurge the Executioner, Crusher Creel the Absorbing Man, the Wrecker, the Recorder, the Colonizers of Rigel, Ego the Living Planet, Ymir and Surtur. The character you co-created has had 2 GREAT movies and I am sure will be great again with Thor : Ragnarok in 2017.

The Amazing Spider-Man ; Without a doubt your proudest co-creation with the awesome Sturdy Steve Ditko. I am certain his world-wide popularity has been one of the many things that contributed to your being in marvelous health. Thanks for giving the world Peter Benjamin Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man!

The Invincible Iron Man ; Thanks for succeeding in making comicbook readers LIKE a manufacturer of weapons. I LOVED his tragedy, redemption and that Tony Stark was the secret identity of Iron Man. Thanks for having Sturdy Steve Ditko design the very first version of the red-and-gold armor. Thanks for the Mandarin, the Guardsman, Titanium Man, Whip Lash, Blizzard, Unicorn, Crimson Dynamo and Ultimo. How awesome it must have been for you to see your co-creation launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe in 2008.

Dr. Strange: Master of the Mystic Arts; Thank you so much for this AWESOME marvel character. Sturdy Steve Ditko made me like him from the get-go! I LOVE the Eye of Agamotto, the Cloak of Levitation and the book of the Vishanti. Thank you for co-creating the Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Nightmare, Dormammu and Eternity. I am certain you will be proud when you see Dr. Strange make his cinematic debut in 2016.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes ; Thanks for having the marvel characters, you co-created up to that point, form their own team. I loved that Janet van Dyne aka Wasp named the team, pulled her own weight and would in time come to lead the team. I loved Henry Pym and the multiple super-hero identities he would eventually adopt AND that Henry Pym would eventually be resposible for one of the greatest adversaries of the 'vengers ; ULTRON. I absolutely LOVED the clever way Jack King Kirby and you incorporated the original Captain America, who's secret identity was Steve Rogers, into the modern world and that he became the heart and soul of the Avengers. I loved issue 16 of Avengers since that established the old-order-changeth theme that would become frequent within their pages. Also, issue 16 had 2 mutants become 'vengers ; Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. I loved that because members of the Avengers could be Asgardians, Humans, Superhumans and Mutants. Thanks for co-creating The Masters of Evil, Kang the Conqueror and Immortus. I am certain you are going to love the Ant-Man movie in 2015.

The X-Men ; Thank you for incorporating into the 616 Marvel Universe the Mutant race with Jack King Kirby. Thank you for co-creating Professor Charles Xavier, Magneto, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Juggernaut and the very first Sentinels. It took some of your co-creations like the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and the Sentinels of your run to have subsequent writers apply them to the X-Men that would catapult them to the top of the comic business in the 80's!

Nick Fury ; Thanks for co-creating Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos and Nick Fury; Agent of Shield with Jack King Kirby. I loved the appearance of the Commandos in Steve Rogers ; The First Avenger. I also loved how Jack King Kirby and you changed Sgt. Fury in a James Bond like character. Thanks for co-creating Hydra and Baron Wolfgang von Strucker

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear! ; THANK YOU for co-creating Matthew Michael Murdock. You succeeded in giving the world a superhero with perhaps the greatest handicap ; blindness! The last of your OUTSTANDING co-creations who, this year, got to celebrate his 50th anniversary. Thank you for co-creating the Owl, Purple Man, Mister Fear and the Gladiator. ENJOY the Netflix TV series in 2015 Stan THE MAN Lee.

Have a wondeful day Stan THE MAN Lee!

EXCELSIOR!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 12-28-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Amazing Member

Happy birthday Stan Lee
    I wish that you'll be with us for many years to come, still made your regular cameo in all forthcoming marvel movie, and finally get that kiss from Chloe Bennett.��

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

A very happy birthday Stan Lee. The greatest Marvel creator of all time.

It´s curious, he has the same age that my grandmother.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Happy Birthday Stan ''The Man'' Lee and many happy returns.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Happy birthday to Stan "The Man" Lee! EXCELSIOR!!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Happy Birthday Stan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Happy birthday to Stan Lee.

Happy Birthday Stan Lee! May you live for many years and make many more awesome cameos in movies!
    "Luck doesn't exist. There are no such things as coincidences. Anything can be rationalized, logic is essential, sense is irrelevant."
    -Future Evil Dictator. Or just me.

All New All Different Marvel Pull List: Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Spider Gwen, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, Agents of Shield

Obviously Marvel can just have all of my money at this point in time.

BANNED

You're not just a force of nature, you're a marvel of nature. Excelsior!

Happy Birthday to the one, the only Man himself! Excelsior!!
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Happy Birthday to Stan the Man!

Happy Birthday Stan!!! Wish you many more Fantastic, Amazing , Uncanny, Incredible and Mighty years

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Happy Birthday, Stan!

I don't usually do birthday threads because I usually think the party in question never reads them, but this is a special case.

Happy birthday to the creator of Marvel Comics (along with Jack Kirby)! Where would we be without you?