Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Power Pack Appreciation 2020

The all purpose thread to discuss all things related to the Power Pack, from fan art to actual art to fan fiction.

In 1984, Louise Simonson and June Brigman created the Power Pack. Teen heroes weren't unheard of at the time, even at Marvel. We've had teen hero teams in the form of the X-Men, the New Mutants, and even leading solo books like Spider-Man. Power Pack was the first team to be composed entirely of pre-teen superheroes.

The kids fought evil aliens, the Marauders in an event called Mutant Massacre, fought a guy trying to sell a girl's soul to a demon, fought actual demons, and of course drug dealers.

Happy New Year to Power Pack .

Mighty Member

Guess who's on the cover of Outlawed

I'm glad their back in the "modern" versions of their Power Pack outfits. I always liked that costume for Julie. And it's nice to see Jack making a return, I feel like he's the least used of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Guess who's on the cover of Outlawed

One the one hand...hey, it looks like Power Pack is finally coming back .

On the other hand...they're going to be outlaws .

Power Pack returns with a limited series from Ryan North and Nico Leon.

POWER PACK #1 (of 5)
    RYAN NORTH (W) • NICO LEON (A) • COVER BY RYAN STEGMAN
    VARIANT COVER BY NICO LEON
    VARIANT COVER BY EDUARD PETROVICH
    Power Pack is back! Katie, Julie, Jack and Alex Power have been super-heroing since they were learning to tie their own shoes. It’s been ages since they fought side by side as a family, but a special occasion — and an old grudge — is about to put the gang back together. There’s just one teeny tiny hiccup: a brand–new law restricting underage super heroes! But surely, if the fate of all New York City is at stake, the powers that be will make an exception? Keep your fingers crossed as the Power siblings fight for their right to save the world!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Now this is something I'm down for. Adding this to the pull the next time I'm at the shop.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I assume then, that the Future Foundation come home in April's Fantastic Four issue? Otherwise, Alex and Julie wouldn't be around.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Somehow I get the sense the powers that be won't make an exception here...although it'll be interesting to see what they do for the rest of the mini.

Mighty Member

You know, Douglas must have a miserable life. Not only did his dickery turn him into a demon. He literally has been antagonizing these kids for nearly a decade exclusively. Katie's like 14 now. Give it a rest.

Mighty Member

Oh, and here's more art

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Man, that looks fantastic. I am very much stoked for this, hopefully it'll read well enough without the other series tying into Outlawed. I don't have a lot of interest in the others.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Alex is young again. He was in his 30s after staying with th FF out of the 616. Seems like he will revert to the age he shoud have

where is their headquarters now? It would be great to be somewhere else besides NYC. What was their original home state?

invent new challenges. This can be a more lighthearted series as opposed to really oppressive and dark/violent.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-10-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Alex is young again. He was in his 30s after staying with th FF out of the 616. Seems like he will revert to the age he shoud have
    He was 24 - he was said to be 19 before Secret Wars and the FF were gone for five years by their perspective - but only one year passed for Ben and Johnny meaning the government think Alex is 20.

If anyone looks de-aged here it's Katie. She's supposed to be what, 13? Looks no older than 8 there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman