Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I think this is about as great a Power Pack reunion as we could expect...Ryan North's sense of humor is an awesome fit for these characters (Julie's comment about the unusually thorough news broadcast made me LOL for real). While there are a few things I'd have changed (eg: I really miss June Brigman's unique designs for the kids' power effects, they're so generically drawn these days) it was overall a fun first issue!

I just handwaved the parents not knowing about their powers and Alex being so much older as that wacky Kymellian brainwashing thing they brought up in the final issues of the original series. It was an awful plot device, but it does let writers get away with just writing the story they want without too much convoluted backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I think this is about as great a Power Pack reunion as we could expect...Ryan North's sense of humor is an awesome fit for these characters (Julie's comment about the unusually thorough news broadcast made me LOL for real). While there are a few things I'd have changed (eg: I really miss June Brigman's unique designs for the kids' power effects, they're so generically drawn these days) it was overall a fun first issue!

I just handwaved the parents not knowing about their powers and Alex being so much older as that wacky Kymellian brainwashing thing they brought up in the final issues of the original series. It was an awful plot device, but it does let writers get away with just writing the story they want without too much convoluted backstory.
    Yeah, it was a really fun issue and did a good job re-establishing the team together while acknowledging current continuity.

Katie is still an absolute sweetheart .

Really curious to see how things proceed in the next issue...

Mighty Member

I'm happy the first issue was essentially a reference to the first issue of the All Ages series. It doesn't isolate those fans while also blending well with the 616 continuity.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Personalities were good, but... um... their parents already knew about their superheroing, since 2000.

The anti-child superheroing (really horrible redundant plot, btw) should really only affect Katie, imo. The others should be adults by now.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Personalities were good, but... um... their parents already knew about their superheroing, since 2000.

The anti-child superheroing (really horrible redundant plot, btw) should really only affect Katie, imo. The others should be adults by now.
    Jack is currently 16-17ish I believe

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

The law affects under 21s. While Alex, due to being with the Future Foundation, aged up five years instead of one, and is now 24 as a result, legally, he'd only be 20. Julie is 19. So all four siblings fall foul of the law.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

... has there a "The End" story that's been crafted yet? Something distant future based? I'd like to see that. not any guaranteed future just one out of many...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... has there a "The End" story that's been crafted yet? Something distant future based? I'd like to see that. not any guaranteed future just one out of many...
    There was that planned mini series that James Gunn wanted to do.

Astonishing Member

Cool

Hopefully, fellow POWER PACK Readers have seen Today's MARVEL MARCH SOLICITATIONS; for which the Solicts is done by JACK MASS MASTER POWER himself for this FIVE Issue Mini......oh, yes.....& don't forget about Next Week's release for POWER PACK #2

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Hopefully, fellow POWER PACK Readers have seen Today's MARVEL MARCH SOLICITATIONS; for which the Solicts is done by JACK MASS MASTER POWER himself for this FIVE Issue Mini......oh, yes.....& don't forget about Next Week's release for POWER PACK #2
    Doesn't seem like the mini has much to do with Outlawed anymore, although Jack and Wolverine together reminds me of that issue from the Power Pack and X-Men mini.

I assume that's because Outlawed ends in Champions #5, which will be out earlier.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I knew it! spoilers:
    Alex may be physically 24, but his birth certificate says he was born 20 years ago, so he counts as underage. Tough luck, Zero-G!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Katie holding her hands out to be handcuffed is surprisingly adorable .

So, wait, they have access to Alex's birth certificate so doesn't that mean they all have public identities? Or was it just a birth date without his real name listed? I'm confused...

I wonder what Julie will say that gets them out of being arrested? They had a technical mentor? Then why the need for them to go shopping for one? Will she be able to get the reason out before the cuffs get slapped on?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Not necessarily public, but definitely known to the authorities.
    end of spoilers