Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He was 24 - he was said to be 19 before Secret Wars and the FF were gone for five years by their perspective - but only one year passed for Ben and Johnny meaning the government think Alex is 20.

If anyone looks de-aged here it's Katie. She's supposed to be what, 13? Looks no older than 8 there.
    Oh poor kid has to wait another year to go drinking or a club even though he is the legal age in the US. I wonder if the quiet room would be ok.

I for one can't wait. Too bad they can't seem to get their ages right. Jack look like he's 13 and Katie looks like 8 or 9 in the character workup. If anything, Jack should be 15 and Katie 12 or 13... maybe? Marvel time is so hard to grasp. Franklin looks like he's the age he should be anyway, regardless of the time jump but they kept him under 10 for too long that him being a teenager looks so drastic. And Katie was about a year older than he was when he was on the team. At least in the actual uncolored preview, Katie looks like she's in her early teens. Jack still looks too young, though.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This is probably the one I'm most excited to see announced! Just wish it were more than 5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    where is their headquarters now? It would be great to be somewhere else besides NYC. What was their original home state?

invent new challenges. This can be a more lighthearted series as opposed to really oppressive and dark/violent.
    It was like Washington or Oregon, was it not?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Oh, and here's more art

Love love love the designs. Although, I wonder why Katie and Jack are suddenly red heads. Hopefully it’s just for the sketch. Still, Leon’s got a great handle on the kids from the promos posted here.

Yeah, Jack's meant to have brown hair and Katie blonde. It was Julie who was originally a redhead, though hers is dyed blonde nowadays.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Very excited about this announcement. Hopefully this min does well enough so the Power Pack can have an ongoing series.

Yeah, Jack's meant to have brown hair and Katie blonde. It was Julie who was originally a redhead, though hers is dyed blonde nowadays.
    It's like they're reversed their Gurihiru hair colors.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    It was like Washington or Oregon, was it not?
    Orinigally the Power Family were from Portland, Virginia; but they later moved from NY State then to Washington State whithin their 2000 POWER PACK Miniseries........before eventually returning back to NYC.........

Love love love the designs. Although, I wonder why Katie and Jack are suddenly red heads. Hopefully it’s just for the sketch. Still, Leon’s got a great handle on the kids from the promos posted here.
    Just a long as Marvel will explains Alex's & Julie's return from the Future Foundation.........
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 01-13-2020 at 08:46 AM.

Yeah, that needs to happen in either Power Pack #1 or April's Fantastic Four issue(s).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Yeah, that needs to happen in either Power Pack #1 or April's Fantastic Four issue(s).
    .....Aannnd speaking of which; The Marvel April Solicts are released and this reader will be following the both the POWER PACK & NEW WARRIORS Miniseries; along with certain issues to the A4: EMPYRE Event....!!

I hope in this new series that they keep Julie's new relationship with Rikki Barnes from the Future Foundation series.
    Rikki was the first Marvel character I got attached to when I started reading the comics back in '09, and I thought their relationship was really well done in that short miniseries

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I hope in this new series that they keep Julie's new relationship with Rikki Barnes from the Future Foundation series.
    Rikki was the first Marvel character I got attached to when I started reading the comics back in '09, and I thought their relationship was really well done in that short miniseries
    I'll be curious how much of the characters' past history is referenced in this mini (mostly it's just been stuff with Alex and Julie).

Maybe Rikki can bail Julie and her family out of jail...

That would be a favour returned, considering that Julie just busted Rikki out of jail.

I was less on board with Julie and Rikki than I was when she was with Karolina. However, the Rikki storyline got much more page-time than her relationship with Karolina ever did.

Which makes me wonder: have any of the other Powers ever had love interests? Mostly Alex and Jack, since Katie is probably only getting to that "crush" age now.

Mighty Member

I was less on board with Julie and Rikki than I was when she was with Karolina. However, the Rikki storyline got much more page-time than her relationship with Karolina ever did.
    Future Foundation was supposed to develop the relationship with Whitley describing it as a slow burn. Then cancelation hits and changed plans.

Which makes me wonder: have any of the other Powers ever had love interests? Mostly Alex and Jack, since Katie is probably only getting to that "crush" age now.
    Alex had that Alyson McCourt girl who actually appeared in Grow Up and several issues in the original run. She then never appeared again.

Jack ... his image in the mirror? I don't know. He can take Franklin for all I care. I don't recall. He's also the Power with the least screen time so there's that.