Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Darkhold Alpha Mini-series announced and we have another Doom appearance to enjoy...I hope!

More Doom focused stories are always welcome news. It seems that ever since Infamous Iron Man writers have been placing a greater emphasis on Doom's magical abilities, a side of the character that was often downplayed before. So perhaps this mystical reappraisal of Doom can be seen as one lasting legacy of Infamous Iron Man, even if just about everything else about the book was reset.

With that said, this 'Darkhold' smells like another hastily conceived event to me. I got burned going all in on last year's belated 2099 reboot. So I'm apprehensive about supporting Darkhold now. This event will need to be something special to change my mind and get my money.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Dang, I hate my comics are delayed, haven't read the latest Doc Doom yet.

So on that Darkhold cover, there's Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Bolt, and possibly Dracula. Is the one in the middle Wanda?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

So on that Darkhold cover, there's Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Bolt, and possibly Dracula. Is the one in the middle Wanda?
    I am thinking Blade...skin tone looks darker than Stark...and it looks like a goatee on his face.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Yes, those were my guesses too except I think Blade is the one with the fangs. Wanda is supposed to be putting this team together so it will be cool to see her maybe leading it against Victor , her former fiance

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    More Doom focused stories are always welcome news. It seems that ever since Infamous Iron Man writers have been placing a greater emphasis on Doom's magical abilities, a side of the character that was often downplayed before. So perhaps this mystical reappraisal of Doom can be seen as one lasting legacy of Infamous Iron Man, even if just about everything else about the book was reset.

With that said, this 'Darkhold' smells like another hastily conceived event to me. I got burned going all in on last year's belated 2099 reboot. So I'm apprehensive about supporting Darkhold now. This event will need to be something special to change my mind and get my money.
    I feel the same way. Boy was the 2099 event really lackluster IMO.

As for this Darkhold series I am not familiar with the writer Steve Orlando , who has come over from DC. The artist did Christopher Cantwell's first Doom story in War Scrolls #3 last year.

I just hope that Doom is not the big bad in this. Chthon is involved also so maybe there will be shifting alliances. I also like that these deals in the supernatural end of things. I'll have to do some background reading on the Darkhold. I don't recall ever reading anything about it. The wiki entry says that Doom did use it once to access Belasco's limbo. Even earlier, Morgan Le Fey made the first bound volume combining the scrolls from ancient times.

Alert to my fellow Funko Pop seekers.

According to a podcast I was watching, Target may be getting the shipments of ECCC exclusives this Friday. The famed con in Seattle has been postponed due to the Coronavirus and this was where the God Emperor Doom was going to be offered along with other new exclusives.

Amazing Member

Alert to my fellow Funko Pop seekers.

According to a podcast I was watching, Target may be getting the shipments of ECCC exclusives this Friday. The famed con in Seattle has been postponed due to the Coronavirus and this was where the God Emperor Doom was going to be offered along with other new exclusives.
    Actually today ended up being release day, it went live on targets site at 9am est, and I was able to acquire it in store from an associate at electronics. 15840283131565948994474380196397.jpg15840283131565948994474380196397.jpg

Cool!!! After I've done a few chores around the house I will take a look myself! Thanks for the alert. I noticed that in the Targets in my area that they started a refreshed Funko section a couple of weeks ago. The one nearest to me got in a couple of boxes of the FF Mystery Minis in the last week or so. And I saw the 10 inch Thing at another one at the end of February.

It's too bad the ECCC had to postpone/cancel? I guess C2E2 made it just in time before things got critical.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-12-2020 at 09:01 AM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

DS got released from the dungeon for a few days last week to check up on the Tower of Doom ride at Universal Orlando ... Dr. Doom's Fear Fall!
    2020-03-06 09.18.29.jpg
    2020-03-06 09.20.46.jpg
    2020-03-06 09.22.01.jpg

Sadly, there was a disappointing lack of Dr Doom swag in the associated gift stores. Nothing that I didn't already have - the latest Pop Funko, the new Marvel legends figure, and one of the World of 3A toys classic Doom figure. I was hoping to see some bits like key chains or lanyards or t-shirts or something not otherwise available. The ride and associated story were fine. The story line is that Doom has built a machine to extract fear from the test subjects, to power a machine that will help him to rule the world. There are purple Doombots in the queue and the feel is of walking through a stone castle. An animated video plays in one room. Some of it is original to the ride, some of it looks like it came from another cartoon series, not sure which one.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    Actually today ended up being release day, it went live on targets site at 9am est, and I was able to acquire it in store from an associate at electronics. 15840283131565948994474380196397.jpg15840283131565948994474380196397.jpg
    Went online to order it and it’s already out of stock.

I didn't find one on the shelf at the Target closest to me. When I did the search on Target's website they had stores with it in stock but not available for order pickup. It also said the store I went to had them in stock but it wasn't in the Funko section. I better go tomorrow because some said limited stock already. Maybe people will be too busy shopping for hand sanitizers and toilet paper
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-12-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    DS got released from the dungeon for a few days last week to check up on the Tower of Doom ride at Universal Orlando ... Dr. Doom's Fear Fall!
    2020-03-06 09.18.29.jpg
    2020-03-06 09.20.46.jpg
    2020-03-06 09.22.01.jpg

Sadly, there was a disappointing lack of Dr Doom swag in the associated gift stores. Nothing that I didn't already have - the latest Pop Funko, the new Marvel legends figure, and one of the World of 3A toys classic Doom figure. I was hoping to see some bits like key chains or lanyards or t-shirts or something not otherwise available. The ride and associated story were fine. The story line is that Doom has built a machine to extract fear from the test subjects, to power a machine that will help him to rule the world. There are purple Doombots in the queue and the feel is of walking through a stone castle. An animated video plays in one room. Some of it is original to the ride, some of it looks like it came from another cartoon series, not sure which one.

So they had one of the World of 3A statues? The one designed by Ashley Wood? How much did the want for it?

I doubt I will ever get to ride that. I don't go on rides that might be bad for my back. I'd like to just look around the the inside. So are the Doombots people in costumes or just some life sized statues?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

So they had one of the World of 3A statues? The one designed by Ashley Wood? How much did the want for it?
    Yes, I think he said it was $400 something. I believe that was not the original list price ($230). I have one of them already, I call it the duck-foot Doom. 3A Marvel Dr Doom by Ashley Wood.jpg

I doubt I will ever get to ride that. I don't go on rides that might be bad for my back. I'd like to just look around the the inside. So are the Doombots people in costumes or just some life sized statues?
    Most of the rides at Universal are bad for your back. I wasn't really that interested on going on the ride, actually, and got lucky that we were there early and fairly deserted in that section of the park first thing. The Doombots are statues. They are quite large, at least six or seven feet tall. They have this schtick when you approach ... "Intruder alert" kind of thing, then they say, "These must be the Master's test subjects. Move along."

2020-03-06 09.22.09.jpg
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 03-12-2020 at 06:47 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Amazing Member

Gotta get someone in electronics, they either have em behind the counter there or in the back. They never seem to put the new exclusives on the shelf even if the site says they are.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I didn't find one on the shelf at the Target closest to me. When I did the search on Target's website they had stores with it in stock but not available for order pickup. It also said the store I went to had them in stock but it wasn't in the Funko section. I better go tomorrow because some said limited stock already. Maybe people will be too busy shopping for hand sanitizers and toilet paper
    Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    Gotta get someone in electronics, they either have em behind the counter there or in the back. They never seem to put the new exclusives on the shelf even if the site says they are.
    I got mine today! Thank you, for the heads up spike!

And yes, it wasn't on the shelf. It was behind the counter at Electronics. It was $15, so it was more than most Funkos, but far less than I thought a con exclusive would be. I think they had maybe ten when I went after work today.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    2020-03-06 09.18.29.jpg
    2020-03-06 09.20.46.jpg
    2020-03-06 09.22.01.jpg

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing this. I didn't realize they had this.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?