Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Victor should be fairly old. Though magic and his technology as well as just being Doom would put him in fairly healthy condition.

Kristoff looking old with a beard for someone around 20 isn't uncommon. Stress will change how someone looks and a beard can add years to someone's appearance.
    That is true. Or it could be the artist trying to make Kristoff look aggressive when he sees the approach of what they think might be a hostile.

There is another preview panel that I looked at and I think has to be Kristoff again, but you just see part of his face. He looks younger without the scowl Larocca gave him in the larger shot

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-19-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    What on earth is going on ?! This story’s getting more and more intricate, in no way can it end with issue #10. I’m pretty sure now the series will continue, if it doesn't I'll be very very disappointed. About these visions, it all gives me the idea that someone is just messing with Victor badly. Again.

The cover reminds me a bit of "What if Doctor Doom had become a hero". I really like the duality of the background: the cheering crowd on one side and the ruined city on the other. Just, what problem does Larroca have with Doom’s mask? Sometimes he draws it perfectly, but I don't like it when he squashes it like that. Probably wasn’t very inspired with this cover

I'm confused. Kristoff looks even older than Victor here. I guess he’s supposed to be in his early twenties at best, but he looks much much older. How old is Victor anyway? I always thought he was about forty, but making some calculations, also considering Fruszina’s story, he should be forty-five to fifty, yet in the visions (even if we don’t consider that they’re set in the future) he certainly doesn’t look fifty…
    It's good to see Kristoff again, though!
    It sure is....as to how Kristoff looks, I cover it in the other reply. As I said, I took another look at another preview page and the smaller panel on the upper left of the group looks younger. He could be in his early 20s. As for Victor's age, he's got to be near to the same age as Reed and Ben. In Books of Doom, he is drawn to be a bit smaller than I expect him to be in college. Artist's choice I guess but it was almost like he was younger than them. The one thing that is confusing is all the time travel. He has spent some time in other timelines. IIRC, when we started to learn about the Molecule Man's role in the incursions, Doom spends some years in the past building his reputation as Rabam Alal and recruiting some of the Black Swans. He also spent some time causing the premature detonation of the versions of the Molecule Man planted by the Beyonders. That could have been maybe 5 or 6 years. But do those years increment his age in the present? That's where it gets confusing!

I agree with you about the complexity of this story that Cantwell has been weaving and I hope it doesn't get a rushed ending. He was very dodgy in his answer on Twitter when someone asked if #10 was going to be the last issue. Didn't say yes but he didn't say no either.

I know one thing I hope to see are some healthy sales figures when the series does return. According to the figures Diamond Distributors translated by Comicron, Doctor Doom was selling on pace with the Fantastic Four back in March. In fact it was slightly ahead.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-19-2020 at 10:27 AM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

In other universes ... The Avengers of the Wastelands finished up with #5 this month. Dr Doom was the "big bad" throughout, but spent most of his time taking out other villains, former allies such as Doc Ock, Strucker and Hydra, and others ... while the New Avengers team wasted the second tier villains.

So ... this dystopian future ends as would be expected. No spoilers here, but you won't be surprised. Still, it was a fair showing for Doom fans. I give it a 2.5 out 5.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    In other universes ... The Avengers of the Wastelands finished up with #5 this month. Dr Doom was the "big bad" throughout, but spent most of his time taking out other villains, former allies such as Doc Ock, Strucker and Hydra, and others ... while the New Avengers team wasted the second tier villains.

So ... this dystopian future ends as would be expected. No spoilers here, but you won't be surprised. Still, it was a fair showing for Doom fans. I give it a 2.5 out 5.
    I read the issues when they came out online first due to the pandemic. Then they decided to ship the issues after all. And I think even the TPB came out before issue #5. It's crazy. spoilers:
    I thought the conclusion could be better. The reason why Doom took the path that he did, killing his former allies and then wiping out towns was all to goad someone into killing him before his cancer did. The heroes took a while to catch up to him so Doom took out a lot of people in this quest. I think that was a bit overboard but then I guess they wanted to ramp up the twisted nature of his choice in dealing with death. Then that was denied to him anyway.
    end of spoilers

I have been following the fate of this Doom from the alternate timeline of Old Man Logan and find the conclusion to be a letdown. It intrigued me that he Emma Frost as his wife but we never saw much of that relationship.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

There's a new Doctor Doom bust coming out! I think February 2021.

Bigger pictures here:
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...om-23-hawkeye/

"MARVEL COMIC DR DOOM BUST – Doctor Doom displays his mystical side in this all-new mini-bust, depicting the Latverian monarch in his trademark armor, wielding fire that appears magical in nature. Measuring approximately 6 inches tall, this mini-bust of Victor Von Doom is limited to only 3,000 pieces and features detailed sculpting and paint applications. It comes packaged in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity. Designed by Nelson X. Asencio, sculpted by Juan Pitluk!"

It's SRP $70, and here's one place you can pre-order:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/136139
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

WOW! I would love to put this next to my Bowen mini-bust! Thanks for the alert!

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Yay ... More to display in the den of madness! Pre-order submitted! Tribute paid! Xanax not taken!
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

LOL!

Yes, I'm sure the Den of Madness needed another tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    WOW! I would love to put this next to my Bowen mini-bust! Thanks for the alert!

It would look awesome! I like the movement in this new one.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

And this is the first one that I can recall is referencing his mystical side.

Christopher Cantwell posted one last preview of Doctor Doom #7. That tribunal mask reminds me of a mastadon or something. I wonder if I double agent will be revealed??

Ok, finally got a new issue of Doctor Doom after what seems like an eternity.... While it was great to see Kristoff, why is he so much older than he should be and now has red hair? He’s supposed to have brown hair and is the same-ish age as Cassie Lang. That threw me off as a distraction in what was otherwise a good read....

You are so right...it has seemed like an eternity. I'm going to my LCS a little later and I plan to create a spoiler review thread. But if anyone else wants to create one I will just add my post to that when I've had a chance to read it.

I guess it's no use wondering why Marvel waited so long to bring it back since I recall Cantwell posting that Larocca was several issues ahead working on the art and this was before the pandemic closed things done. Maybe it was a complicated issue dealing with freelancers and payment, etc. Who knows?? I am so glad it is back now. But its up in the air past issue #10 but that's another story.

Back to Kristoff. I am so glad that he has finally made an appearance since we've not seen him since Hickman's New Avengers story where they find the Molecule Man. Looking back at those preview panels, it looks more brown to me but again I'm just glad to see him being used in comics again.

The age of children in Marvel has always been problematic in Marvel ever since Stan and Jack had Reed and Sue get married and have a child. This was back in the 1960s and by now Franklin would maybe even have grandchildren of his own if comic book characters aged normally. Of course we know they don't. Batman has been around since 1939 and AFAIK there's been no reason given for him not to be 100 years old. Franklin and Val have aged up though since Secret Wars ended and it is about time. Some say Franklin did that or it could be a time paradox since they spent some time out there with Reed rebuilding the multiverse. Franklin has long been suspected by the fans of subconsciously manipulating things. So maybe that affected Kristoff.

But Kristoff has been given some progress in his age over the years even if that is very slow also. When he was using Doom armor back in the early 1990's it was modified to give him the height of an adult. More recently, when he appears in Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF and New Avenger series, he had been getting taller than his early appearances.

Here he is a group shot with Reed, Sue, Doom and Valeria from New Avengers #23 and he is near adult height. Kristoff was never seen in the Secret Wars mini and I suppose we can blame his current age on Franklin again if all else fails.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Sad News Doom Fans, the comic will be ending with issue 10 ):

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christopher Cantwell posted one last preview of Doctor Doom #7. That tribunal mask reminds me of a mastadon or something. I wonder if I double agent will be revealed??

Tribunal mask? Interesting. And I still have to wait a week before I can read it. That's how long it takes for packages to be delivered from UK to Italy. The title for this issue should be "The endless wait".

The age of children in Marvel has always been problematic in Marvel ever since Stan and Jack had Reed and Sue get married and have a child. This was back in the 1960s and by now Franklin would maybe even have grandchildren of his own if comic book characters aged normally. Of course we know they don't. Batman has been around since 1939 and AFAIK there's been no reason given for him not to be 100 years old. Franklin and Val have aged up though since Secret Wars ended and it is about time. Some say Franklin did that or it could be a time paradox since they spent some time out there with Reed rebuilding the multiverse. Franklin has long been suspected by the fans of subconsciously manipulating things. So maybe that affected Kristoff.

But Kristoff has been given some progress in his age over the years even if that is very slow also. When he was using Doom armor back in the early 1990's it was modified to give him the height of an adult. More recently, when he appears in Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF and New Avenger series, he had been getting taller than his early appearances.
    I think Kristoff is one of the few children that aged normally? If he was about eight when Victor adopted him, it would make sense for him to be in his twenties now. And Franklin should be the same age if not older, and Valeria around 20, but in reality they're at least ten years younger. Victor should be around 45 and I too always thought him to be a bit younger than Reed and Ben, who should probably be around 47 (Yes, I’m still making calculations… XD)