Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 275
  1. #121
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    I agree. There should be a desk sized sculpts. I would definitely get one of those. The largest pieces I have are the Bowen Doctor Doom (the original) and a Galactus bust. I think they scaled that to match how big Galactus would be in scale with their statues.

    And now for the last unboxing for today......
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *




    It's THE EVERLOVIN' THING....AGAIN!




    I have a full Fantastic Four team of the Thing. I wish it were at least the Invisible Woman. Oh well...the quest continues!

  2. #122
    Spectacular Member DoomScribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have a full Fantastic Four team of the Thing. I wish it were at least the Invisible Woman. Oh well...the quest continues!
    Oh now that's frustrating. I should swap my moloid for one of your things since I have the other three already. Unless you want a quartet of Thing. Which doesn't sound that bad actually.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"


    Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

  3. #123
    Spectacular Member Yohei72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    DOCTOR DOOM READING LIST BY DOOMSCRIBE
    Thank you, Your Metalness, for posting this! I'm read little Fantastic 4 and have been wondering where to look to get some really good Dr. Doom stories, after finding him quite intriguing in Hickman's Secret Wars, and of course hearing many times that he's "one the greatest villains in all of comics," etc.

  4. #124
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Oh now that's frustrating. I should swap my moloid for one of your things since I have the other three already. Unless you want a quartet of Thing. Which doesn't sound that bad actually.
    I have a niece who is collecting these too. I will have to check with her to see what she has. I also have some I ordered online coming some time this week.

    But I still might want to trade!

  5. #125
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Thank you, Your Metalness, for posting this! I'm read little Fantastic 4 and have been wondering where to look to get some really good Dr. Doom stories, after finding him quite intriguing in Hickman's Secret Wars, and of course hearing many times that he's "one the greatest villains in all of comics," etc.
    You're welcome! I plan to update that list. It is a WIP and I forgot to add a few more recent works, like Infamous Iron Man. So keep checking!

  6. #126
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Things to do on a cold January day......

    Yesterday I ran a few errands in the bitter cold and checked out another GameStop store. They didn't have any Marvel Legends figures and the young lady at the register said they only got their shipment of Pre-Orders. Why didn't I think of that??? But I did notice that they had a small section of the Funko Fantastic Four Mystery Minis. The one thing I did notice is the box says on it that they are GameStop exclusives. Hmmmm... the other boxes I got from Box Lunch didn't have that.


    While in the Wal-Mart I checked out the toy section and Eureka! They had Marvel Legends Fantastic Four set, at least part of one. Only Ben and Reed were there along with..... Doctor Doom!


    Where did that Doom with the sword come from?

    Congrats on getting the Legends Doom! I'm going to have to check Wal-Mart and Gamestop now.

    Aaaaah, FOUR Ben Grimm!
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  7. #127
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    Thanks! I think in my area those Fantastic Four Legends only shipped recently. I had been checking out the various stores that I knew stocked Marvel action figures and they suddenly started popping up. Now I should pick up the Marvel Legends Namor. I've seen both of them...the black suit Namor and the traditional version. I think the black suit Namor is a Walgreen's exclusive since that is the only place I have seen them.

    The little Doom with the Infinity Sword is from the Marvel Superheroes Squadcartoon from a while back. So is the Namor (who I don't think appeared on the show), the Super Skrull and the large Galactus, who was voiced by George Takei! I added the Superhero Squad Super Skrull to the "cast" since he is the build a figure for the Fantastic Four Legends. He's one character that has never had many figures done, along with Annihilus. I accidentally broke a piece off my Eaglemoss Annihilus when I was dusting off the figures. I also have the Molecule Man. He was one of the villain pawns in the Eaglemoss chess sets

  8. #128
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Does anyone here know what happened to kristoff vernard? I haven’t seen him since Hickmans New Avengers.

  9. #129
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    That is a good question. No, he hasn't been in anything since Hickman wrote him. I did get to talk to him briefly at his section in Artist's Alley at C2E2 last year, just before they announced his X-Men titles. I mentioned how Kristoff hasn't been in anything since and he said he couldn't understand why no one really uses Kristoff. I have to give Hickman credit for bringing back Nathaniel Richards too.


    But one of our regulars here asked Christopher Cantwell about Kristoff on Twitter and it looks like he may be making an appearance in the Doctor Doom series.

    Edited to add his Twitter. It was poster ImperioiusWrecked that got a reply several weeks ago. Link

  10. #130
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks! I think in my area those Fantastic Four Legends only shipped recently. I had been checking out the various stores that I knew stocked Marvel action figures and they suddenly started popping up. Now I should pick up the Marvel Legends Namor. I've seen both of them...the black suit Namor and the traditional version. I think the black suit Namor is a Walgreen's exclusive since that is the only place I have seen them.

    The little Doom with the Infinity Sword is from the Marvel Superheroes Squadcartoon from a while back. So is the Namor (who I don't think appeared on the show), the Super Skrull and the large Galactus, who was voiced by George Takei! I added the Superhero Squad Super Skrull to the "cast" since he is the build a figure for the Fantastic Four Legends. He's one character that has never had many figures done, along with Annihilus. I accidentally broke a piece off my Eaglemoss Annihilus when I was dusting off the figures. I also have the Molecule Man. He was one of the villain pawns in the Eaglemoss chess sets
    Doom with the sword is from the Superhero Squad line?

    Of course, I have the Namor, who coincidentally came with Ben Grimm Thing.

    I didn't know Takei did Galactus. That's cool! I wonder if that show is on Disney Plus? Need to check.

    Ah, the Eaglemoss chess set. I got one set, but then they started another set with the FF! But you had to have a subscription to get the F4, and I never got around to doing so.


    Yes, the Marvel Legends Namor with the X-Men / Secret Wars black outfit was a Walgreens exclusive. The classic green speedo came out everywhere with the Black Panther series.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  11. #131
    Mighty Member Kintor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Here's the latest sales numbers:

    23 Doctor Doom #1 - 59,927
    41 Doctor Doom #2 - 38,784
    77 Doctor Doom #3 - 25,816

    A 13k drop in readers this time, which is less then the drop between #1 and #2 but there's little fat left to trim now. Ideally I'd like the book to stabilise above the 20k level, which should keep it safe from immediate cancellation. If not though it's going to be a struggle to achieve even 12 issues.

  12. #132
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Doom with the sword is from the Superhero Squad line?

    Of course, I have the Namor, who coincidentally came with Ben Grimm Thing.

    I didn't know Takei did Galactus. That's cool! I wonder if that show is on Disney Plus? Need to check.

    Ah, the Eaglemoss chess set. I got one set, but then they started another set with the FF! But you had to have a subscription to get the F4, and I never got around to doing so.


    Yes, the Marvel Legends Namor with the X-Men / Secret Wars black outfit was a Walgreens exclusive. The classic green speedo came out everywhere with the Black Panther series.
    I thought so but don't recall seeing the announcement. I will have to pick that one up this week while there still out there. The Infinity Sword was a storyline in the cartoon, I think in the first season. Thanos was the villain for most of season 2 as I recall but they eventually had Doom, MODOK and the Abomination break out of jail.

    There were other celebrity voices on the show. Jane Lynch was Nebula. Mark Hamill was Chthon, Jennifer Morrison (from House) was the Wasp and Adam West was Nighthawk, which is pretty appropriate! They were mostly one time appearances.
    I have to sign up for Disney plus myself! But I did make a few of my own DVDs back then since I still kept my recorder hooked up to my TV.

  13. #133
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Here's the latest sales numbers:

    23 Doctor Doom #1 - 59,927
    41 Doctor Doom #2 - 38,784
    77 Doctor Doom #3 - 25,816

    A 13k drop in readers this time, which is less then the drop between #1 and #2 but there's little fat left to trim now. Ideally I'd like the book to stabilise above the 20k level, which should keep it safe from immediate cancellation. If not though it's going to be a struggle to achieve even 12 issues.
    And this is pretty consistent with Infamous Iron Man's sales. The second print runs are usually much smaller but it's a good sign that shops need more copies to sell. I sometimes like to make my own Excel charts of this kind of thing and here's one I made for Infamous Iron Man from Comichron's data, which are their estimates from Diamond Distributors. I also compared it to some titles that debuted around the same time. Some of them, like the Doctor Strange and the Champions titles fell off a cliff so to speak. For Infamous Iron Man the sales did level off and stayed pretty consistent, with a small spike on the last issue. Probably because of the Doom/Dr Strange/Mephisto "reunion". I have to start one for the new series


  14. #134
    Mighty Member Kintor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And this is pretty consistent with Infamous Iron Man's sales. The second print runs are usually much smaller but it's a good sign that shops need more copies to sell. I sometimes like to make my own Excel charts of this kind of thing and here's one I made for Infamous Iron Man from Comichron's data, which are their estimates from Diamond Distributors. I also compared it to some titles that debuted around the same time. Some of them, like the Doctor Strange and the Champions titles fell off a cliff so to speak. For Infamous Iron Man the sales did level off and stayed pretty consistent, with a small spike on the last issue. Probably because of the Doom/Dr Strange/Mephisto "reunion". I have to start one for the new series

    Thank you for providing this data Iron Maiden, I'm glad somebody kept track of Infamous Iron Man. With that said, I don't think the data matches the performance of Doctor Doom at all. It took until #9 for Infamous Iron Man to fall at 25k sales, Doctor Doom is already at this point with #3. Which is even assuming that Doctor Doom can stabilise at roughly 25k like Infamous Iron Man did. I suppose that the January 2020 data will be telling in this regard, we'll see if the numbers stay the same or if they dip further.

  15. #135
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    I think that with all the issues so far getting second printings that the vendors could have underestimated interest in the new series. With Infamous Iron Man, you did get Bendis's name value on the comic too and perhaps some curiosity about what was going to happen to Doom after Secret Wars. I also remember it got some good coverage in a Marvel Preview book handed out at the comic shops. Of course that can go the other way too and some might avoid a comic because it's Bendis I would have liked to have seen the new series stay around 25K or 30K and I think that will keep it going. It's not tied in to any events and to tell the truth as a promotions I don't think that works for the long term anyway. But the next few months will bear watching. I am keeping my fingers crossed and maybe there are some good numbers on the digital side of things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •