Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

And now to the final two boxes

and the third box reveals.......ANOTHER HUMAN TORCH!! Namor has to restrain Doom who has morphed into his Infamous Iron Man armor

and the FINAL BOX REVEALS

ANOTHER REED RICHARDS!! The completed Fantastic Four assembles to celebrate while Doom and Namor take their leave until the next unboxing event.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-27-2020 at 09:00 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Ah, I think you must mean the classic Secret Wars (1984-85) #10. Now there's a challenge for a tattoo artist!

Recently, artist Mike Zeck did a recolor of the cover and it does have some better tones. It is below the first image. And it's inked by Terry Austin

Now that is bloody lovely! The one I'd seen was recent (last month or two) so now I feel I need to find it just to set my mind at ease!

Any other suggestions are welcome, I want to give my artist as much reference material as possible!

Okay, I will keep looking. I went back and read your description again and I think I do recall a more recent one. Could have been a variant cover.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knifetotheeye View Post
    Now that is bloody lovely! The one I'd seen was recent (last month or two) so now I feel I need to find it just to set my mind at ease!

Any other suggestions are welcome, I want to give my artist as much reference material as possible!
    Not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for but the Immortal Variant Doctor Doom cover?

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Updated the Den of Madness collection

This is only three of the five curios. Sorry about the horizontal orientation.
    Only Three of Five?! That's an amazing collection!!!! omg I can't believe how much there is, this is so cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And now to the final two boxes

and the third box reveals.......ANOTHER HUMAN TORCH!! Namor has to restrain Doom who has morphed into his Infamous Iron Man armor

and the FINAL BOX REVEALS

ANOTHER REED RICHARDS!! The completed Fantastic Four assembles to celebrate while Doom and Namor take their leave until the next unboxing event.

RICHARDSSSSS! (lol) And now you have a Thing Army too! Congrats on everything!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Thanks! I will probably try again next week but will probably buy one or two boxes. They are starting to show up at Game Stop but everyone I have bought from them so far has been The Thing!

Many things to comment and such a short time to do it... So, let's try, in order IIRC...

Rev, thanks for the info about the raid. I guess I need to check that movie along with universal war!

DS, thanks to share with us a glimpse into the den of madness. We need more!

About the tattoo: what a great - and bold- idea! I wish that the artist will fulfill their task according to your desire for a gorgeous result!

And, last but not least, is it needed to say how much I've enjoyed the last unpacking event, Iron Maiden? I have to confess that I'm very impressed by Victor's and Namor's acting. The big smile on my face is here to prove it...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Thanks Abe. The new figures have a lot of flexibility in the joints, the neck and the torso. You can do one of those half bows as a sign of respect to a lady or something like that. And there are different hands to switch out. Now if they would only come out with a Doom 2099 action figure.

In other news, they just revealed a variant cover for issue #5 next week by artist Belen Ortega (and after Jack Kirby)

I think the artist must have Fantastic Four #39 in mind. They aren't exactly alike but it has the same elements. I placed them side by side for comparison

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-28-2020 at 12:48 PM.

I juste hope that the Doom figure will be shipped here someday. I'm not into collecting figures and toys - I stopped after the second dozen of Daleks tbh - but I need this one! It would the fourth along with Janice the new beetle and Watchmen's Ozymandias and Dr Manhattan. I'm not sure that I would be able to imagine a story involving all of them - Daleks included...

Normally I don't collect them either but I have mostly just collected Doom action figures. This current one is one of the best. I really am tempted to get more of the Funko Pop Fantastic Four in the regular size. I saw the Super Skrull the other day and almost took him home. I still may end up with him, Galactus or HERBIE While looking for Doom I did end up buying the Funko Pop of Freddie Mercury in his yellow jacket from his last live appearance at Wembley in 1986. I didn't know they had come out with the rest of the band too but didn't see them. I did see a Debbie Harry and a Sting though

My lcs - a small place - is in fact one of several stores owned by the same company in the same street. I mostly go to the one with the books and the single issues, but sometimes I enter in the one about toys and figures. And in the last two years something weird happened : they opened a second (third) one and the first (second) one is now almost only full with funko pop stuffs...

I must confess that I don't really get why... Ok. I actually understand, I guess, but I don't like the design of those stuffs! I can't help myself! (But you're right: the Freddy Mercury, Sting and even more Debbie Harry all have a clever design and a really cute...)
    Last edited by Abe; 01-28-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    My lcs - a small place - is in fact one of several stores owned by the same company in the same street. I mostly go to the one with the books and the single issues, but sometimes I enter in the one about toys and figures. And in the last two years something weird happened : they opened a second (third) one and the first (second) one is now almost only full with funko pop stuffs...

I must confess that I don't really get why... Ok. I actually understand, I guess, but I don't like the design of those stuffs! I can't help myself! (But you're right: the Freddy Mercury, Sting and even more Debbie Harry all have a clever design and a really cute...)
    I didn't like the early ones that were bobble heads. I do have a small Doom in that version but is was a mystery box where I ended up getting a couple of Deadpools and a Green Goblin before I got a Doom. He's next to the little Namor in the other pictures. And at least with the larger ones you know what you are getting. I think the one thing I would change is if the regular Funko Pops had smaller heads I have seen ones where they seem to be going in that direction. I think the reason they are so successful is they try and come up with a figure for just about every fandom....Game of Thrones, Marvel, DC, Nightmare Before Christmas, video games, etc. I was also tempted to get the demonic looking Nun from the movie. I figure I could use it at Halloween.

That nun is scary as hell!

And you're right: their policy of getting licences from every corner of "pop culture" is more than clever and very impressive. They even made some Twin Peaks figures! I just checked as a test and I couldn't believe they did! (And the heads are too big.. )

I keep hoping that one day there will be a Doom 2099 figure, even if it is a Funko Pop with a too big head The only one I know of and I think Doomscribe might have it, are those small HeroClix gaming figures . I never saw them at my LCS. But it was so small I wasn't that set on getting one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by knifetotheeye View Post

Still looking for one like you mentioned but here's a couple of nice ones. I like artist Alex Maleev's painted look and he did a lot of Doom "portraits" on his Twitter that may just for his own use or maybe became commissions.

Here's a couple he did at the NY comicon in 2018 and a one more. I like that he has Doom pictured with a sword to complete the medieval look of his armor

And here are a few more. The first is from Jim Lee's Fantastic Four

From Marvel Double Shots #2

This is a variant cover

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-28-2020 at 06:09 PM.