Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imperiuswrecked View Post
    sad news doom fans, the comic will be ending with issue 10 ):

WHAT? Noooooo! :'(

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I just got home about an hour ago and read that tweet and it put a downer on my afternoon. But I have to cheer up because when I got to the comic shop I was surprised to see my Funko Infamous Iron Man arrived today! I have it sitting under a light for now to test out the glow in the dark properties.

I'll be writing up a spoiler review thread for issue #7 ....it was a humdinger like the old folks say

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-23-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Sad News Doom Fans, the comic will be ending with issue 10 ):

I thought it was always meant to be a limited series.

It seems to be at one point that promoted at just as a new series and I think they were going to wait and see how it was received. The last issue that came out before the pandemic hit made it in the top 50 for the month of March and even ranked a bit higher than Slott's Fantastic Four. Out of boredom I created a sales chart of issue 1-6, including 2nd printings, etc.

If you will note if followed the usual trajectory of a 1st issue as the high point then trended downward. Then word of mouth must have had an impact because issue #6 spiked upwards. I will have to take note of how this issue sells

Goddammit! This is why I try not to get attached to books like this... it was a great read. I hope Slott picks up threads from this series.

Back to Kristoff... The only reason he has some kind of age goalpost is because back when he and Cassie Lang were in Fantastic Four together, they were the same age. She was 14 in Ant Man #1 in 2015 (they also say “middle school” but 14 is usually 9th grade and I’ve always called that high school, but I digress). So Kristoff, barring any artificial aging or time and dimension travel (Franklin and Val), he should be almost the same age as her.

Maybe it’s just the artist, but he sure doesn’t look like a 14-15 year old.

E96D130B-A86E-460E-9B31-DDBA0FC80C23.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Goddammit! This is why I try not to get attached to books like this... it was a great read. I hope Slott picks up threads from this series.

Back to Kristoff... The only reason he has some kind of age goalpost is because back when he and Cassie Lang were in Fantastic Four together, they were the same age. She was 14 in Ant Man #1 in 2015 (they also say “middle school” but 14 is usually 9th grade and I’ve always called that high school, but I digress). So Kristoff, barring any artificial aging or time and dimension travel (Franklin and Val), he should be almost the same age as her.

Maybe it’s just the artist, but he sure doesn’t look like a 14-15 year old.

E96D130B-A86E-460E-9B31-DDBA0FC80C23.jpg
    And there's not many boys that age that could grow a beard like that!

I know what you mean but the status quo is that Cassie has apparently forgotten all about Kristoff. Translation: the writers don't want to use him. The relationship that gets used now is with Iron Lad but even that hasn't been really touched upon in a while. She doesn't make many appearances these days and when I looked her up the last series she was in was Secret Empire. As you mention AFAIK the last time they were on panel was way back in the 1990's during the Tom DeFalco Fantastic Four. That's a lot of water on the bridge. I think writers just take advantage of that passage of time and think few readers from that era are still around and they are probably right. We are in the minority. I do kind of like him being older, maybe 19 or 20? They can probably go back to those Byrne appearances and put his age at say 9 or 10. I'm mainly just glad to see he's still alive after Secret Wars. I was disappointed that Doom kicked him to the curb a bit. IMO I think he wants him to man up a bit like he had to at Kristoff's age.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know what you mean but the status quo is that Cassie has apparently forgotten all about Kristoff. Translation: the writers don't want to use him. The relationship that gets used now is with Iron Lad but even that hasn't been really touched upon in a while. She doesn't make many appearances these days and when I looked her up the last series she was in was Secret Empire.
    Cassie's been around a lot more recently than that. She co-starred in the ANT-MAN miniseries that just ended last month, and she made cameo appearances in EMPYRE earlier this month. But yeah, she hasn't had anywhere that she appears on a regular basis since Ant-Man's ongoing series ended a few years ago.

I think writers just take advantage of that passage of time and think few readers from that era are still around and they are probably right. We are in the minority. I do kind of like him being older, maybe 19 or 20? They can probably go back to those Byrne appearances and put his age at say 9 or 10. I'm mainly just glad to see he's still alive after Secret Wars. I was disappointed that Doom kicked him to the curb a bit. IMO I think he wants him to man up a bit like he had to at Kristoff's age.
    Kristoff has been aged up for a while now. He was very definitely a adult (although a young one--I'd say about 21) in his guest arc in Charles Soule's SHE-HULK series when he hired She-Hulk as his lawyer when he was seeking political asylum in the U.S. because he was trying to forge his own identity separate from just being "Doom's heir".

No matter how many times Kristoff tries to leave Doom behind he always ends up back at his side though, doesn't he? Not sure if that is just some bond he can't shake...or remaining subliminal commands in his sub-conscious mind from when he was programmed with Doom's brain patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Cassie's been around a lot more recently than that. She co-starred in the ANT-MAN miniseries that just ended last month, and she made cameo appearances in EMPYRE earlier this month. But yeah, she hasn't had anywhere that she appears on a regular basis since Ant-Man's ongoing series ended a few years ago.
    Yes I did pick up a few issues of that ongoing Astonishing Ant-Man series but those issues were around the time of Secret Wars and that was 2015. But as for the mini series, I really didn't pick up much during most of the pandemic. But like Kristoff, she's been has these periods of neglect by Marvel. Not as bad as Kristoff though. He fortunes in that regard seem to rise and fall with her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Kristoff has been aged up for a while now. He was very definitely a adult (although a young one--I'd say about 21) in his guest arc in Charles Soule's SHE-HULK series when he hired She-Hulk as his lawyer when he was seeking political asylum in the U.S. because he was trying to forge his own identity separate from just being "Doom's heir".

No matter how many times Kristoff tries to leave Doom behind he always ends up back at his side though, doesn't he? Not sure if that is just some bond he can't shake...or remaining subliminal commands in his sub-conscious mind from when he was programmed with Doom's brain patterns.
    I forgot to mention that She-Hulk appearance and that was in 2014. In comic book years, that is not so long ago. And as I mentioned in Hickman's New Avengers, he was already the same height as the adults in that panel and that was back in 2015 also so we are talking about the same time period.

I really hope that we see Kristoff again. I have a feeling Cantwell is done with him for now and will concentrate on the Antlion/black hole crisis. Now he probably go M.I.A again for some years.

I still was surprised how harsh Doom treated Boris. There's got to be something more to that. Was it because he resented that Boris stayed with him mostly out of fear? I was also confuse that he no longer had a beard as has had in all of his appearance going back to the 1960s. But then Larocca may not be that familiar with the character.... * cough* Wiki *cough* and I'll just leave it at that

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Yeah, the things that struck me as out of place were the things one would think were a nod to the fans. But Boris the beardless and Kristoff the bearded were the strangest. The fate of Amara's baby was a letdown. And the disposition of the traitor was likewise anti-climatic. Even the deposing of the latest Fortunov was too derivative of the death of the last Prince Zorba Rudolfo of Latveria, if not wildly more sadistic. And the names had me head scratching because Boris' last name had never been revealed before, insofar as I recall.

Riding in on a giant bear was def cool though.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Picked it up on Wednesday, but haven't read it yet. It has been a horrible week. Anyway, I want to re-read the first six issues and then this one. Hopefully tonight or this weekend.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Picked it up on Wednesday, but haven't read it yet. It has been a horrible week. Anyway, I want to re-read the first six issues and then this one. Hopefully tonight or this weekend.
    That's what I did over the past month. It will help you remember some of the characters who appear in this issue, some of which haven't been in the story since the first couple of issues. And issue #1 came out almost a year ago. Having that 6 month gap since issue # 6 certainly didn't help!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ah what the hell!

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    WHAT? Noooooo! :'(
    Sad news indeed.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

And there's not many boys that age that could grow a beard like that!

I know what you mean but the status quo is that Cassie has apparently forgotten all about Kristoff. Translation: the writers don't want to use him. The relationship that gets used now is with Iron Lad but even that hasn't been really touched upon in a while. She doesn't make many appearances these days and when I looked her up the last series she was in was Secret Empire. As you mention AFAIK the last time they were on panel was way back in the 1990's during the Tom DeFalco Fantastic Four. That's a lot of water on the bridge. I think writers just take advantage of that passage of time and think few readers from that era are still around and they are probably right. We are in the minority. I do kind of like him being older, maybe 19 or 20? They can probably go back to those Byrne appearances and put his age at say 9 or 10. I'm mainly just glad to see he's still alive after Secret Wars. I was disappointed that Doom kicked him to the curb a bit. IMO I think he wants him to man up a bit like he had to at Kristoff's age.
    Cassie was the co-star of Ant-Man this year.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Cassie was the co-star of Ant-Man this year.
    Does she have any boyfriends?