Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I am loving how Victor is basically stealing the whole show with XMen/FF, I can't wait for the next issue even though it's the last one ): and lol, he really loves pushing Charles's buttons XD

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

My only complaint with Doom in this series so far is that they colored his eyes blue

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I always find it such a strange situation when you get an invitation from Doom to come break bread with him so to speak. It's like OK, two hours ago we were fighting to the death so now let's all sit down to some Filet Mignon, Winter Black Truffles and some expensive wine. I think he's lacking for stimulating companionship in that drafty castle.
    Maybe his need to fight with everybody so then he can invite them to dinner is his way of getting some company, then again it could also be a trap it depends on what he wants to do at the moment, I enjoyed his dinner with Conan, I think they got to a nice understanding without talking.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Maybe his need to fight with everybody so then he can invite them to dinner is his way of getting some company, then again it could also be a trap it depends on what he wants to do at the moment, I enjoyed his dinner with Conan, I think they got to a nice understanding without talking.
    And when he doesn't have a dinner on his schedule he probably makes an excuse to have someone come over.

That is becoming my favorite team of all time.....Victor, Stephen and Conan. Too bad they ditched him and sent him back to Brazil. Conan was wary of Doom and Doctor Strange because they were both "filthy wizards" but he really respected Doom as a fellow warrior. And he's pretty handy with a sword too.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-25-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

And when he doesn't have a dinner on his schedule he probably makes an excuse to have someone come over.
    Yes, thatīs when he says to himself "time to try to take the over the world again" or "time to get unlimited power"

That is becoming my favorite team of all time.....Victor, Stephen and Conan. Too bad they ditched him and sent him back to Brazil. Conan was wary of Doom and Doctor Strange because they were both "filthy wizards" but he really respected Doom as a fellow warrior. And he's pretty handy with a sword too.
    They are a fun and awesome trio, Victor and Dr Strange were fools to give up on Conan, he knows a lot more about how to fight Kulan Gath than them but I can thatīs when their pride as sorcerers gets in their way imo. The old Sorcerer supreme bassically told Stephen he canīt be defeated just by using magic, they need more than that ,now lest see how they get back into Conanīs good graces.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I don't know when the next issue of Savage Avengers comes out with current situation of comics publication / distribution being suspended for a while. I am hoping that since Kulan Gath still has to be dealt with that Doom might come back for one last team up. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I am loving how Victor is basically stealing the whole show with XMen/FF, I can't wait for the next issue even though it's the last one ): and lol, he really loves pushing Charles's buttons XD

That's Doom for you LOL

My only complaint with Doom in this series so far is that they colored his eyes blue
    I think that is like the cheapest eye color available, every time that a colorist forgets what color are supposed to be someone eyes, they put them blue.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

You are right about that. Reed's eyes were usually blue in the early FF but that's never consistent either.

While I just unlocked Doom in Ultimate Alliance 3 and didn't get a chance to play as him yet, his role and personality in the story was very in point and straight out of the comics.

with all this social separation and restrictions on where you can I might try this....except I would have to get a Nintendo Switch, right?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Dr Doom Would Have Saved Us From Thanos in Avengers Infinity War | MCU What If

So I guess one of the perks of staying home most of the time is all the You Tube videos you can binge on. This one was filled with hyperbole but I can't say as I entirely disagree.

I'm doing fine hope all of you are staying safe - I'm more than 14 days out from my Orlando trip so I'm ok as far as I know. However I'm an essential worker in my life outside of the Den of Madness, so haven't been entirely sequestered and as yet unable to telework. The news out there is alarming, and not all of it is just hype from the media. An early morning grocery run today got me some fresh veggies but eerily strange to see so many empty shelves. But I was able to get my essentials for now, so the supply chain is still working too. Please believe that our health care workers are doing their best and risking their lives every day. We have failed them in ways that were totally preventable, but I hope we will get through this and see everyone hale and hearty on the other side.

I haven't yet picked up the XMEN/FF issue ... hoping to be able to swing by the LCS today for curbside pickup. Sadly no new releases next week from Diamond Distributors, and this puts a big strain on our LCS and delays our getting Dr Doom #7! But this is a small sacrifice for the fans, it will be weathered.

Stay safe, wash your hands, keep your distance. Masks (other than N95s) only prevent the easy movement of droplets, so if you wear one don't have a false sense of security -- their effectiveness is very limited and you're better off keeping isolated as much as possible.
    ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post

Dr Doom Would Have Saved Us From Thanos in Avengers Infinity War | MCU What If

So I guess one of the perks of staying home most of the time is all the You Tube videos you can binge on. This one was filled with hyperbole but I can't say as I entirely disagree.

I'm doing fine hope all of you are staying safe - I'm more than 14 days out from my Orlando trip so I'm ok as far as I know. However I'm an essential worker in my life outside of the Den of Madness, so haven't been entirely sequestered and as yet unable to telework. The news out there is alarming, and not all of it is just hype from the media. An early morning grocery run today got me some fresh veggies but eerily strange to see so many empty shelves. But I was able to get my essentials for now, so the supply chain is still working too. Please believe that our health care workers are doing their best and risking their lives every day. We have failed them in ways that were totally preventable, but I hope we will get through this and see everyone hale and hearty on the other side.

I haven't yet picked up the XMEN/FF issue ... hoping to be able to swing by the LCS today for curbside pickup. Sadly no new releases next week from Diamond Distributors, and this puts a big strain on our LCS and delays our getting Dr Doom #7! But this is a small sacrifice for the fans, it will be weathered.

Stay safe, wash your hands, keep your distance. Masks (other than N95s) only prevent the easy movement of droplets, so if you wear one don't have a false sense of security -- their effectiveness is very limited and you're better off keeping isolated as much as possible.
    ds
    So glad to hear you are virus free after your Orlando trip. Hope they get your work from home stuff set up soon.

And YES! My nephew is a nurse, and I very much worry about him. And my brother, his dad, runs a nursing agency, so he has more exposure than I do. Watching the daily press conferences is always blood pressure raising.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Glad to hear you are symptom free after two weeks, Doomscribe. One of my nieces is a nurse's aide in another state and she is fine so far. But very rarely on FB lately so she quite naturally must be extremely busy. I hope your family stays safe too Reviresco!

You know if this happened in the MU, Doom would have put some safeguards in place!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Glad to hear you are symptom free after two weeks, Doomscribe. One of my nieces is a nurse's aide in another state and she is fine so far. But very rarely on FB lately so she quite naturally must be extremely busy. I hope your family stays safe too Reviresco!
    Thanks, IM! Hope your niece and everyone stays safe.

You know if this happened in the MU, Doom would have put some safeguards in place!

Great distraction! I love Silver Age comics. Lever operated dome closure!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?