Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post

Btw, tomorrow's issue of Savage Avengers is fine! I really liked it.
    Now that I've read this one (why does it always snow lately on comic book day!) I have to see this is turning into one of the best team ups ever. I'll try to avoid big spoilers but suffice to say that I think the adventures of Doctors Doom and Strange will be continuing next issue if I am reading this right.

I think their official name should be the Magic Bros since they are really in tune with each other this issue. Without being too spoilery this was my favorite scene...

I hope they're not serious about tackling Mephisto again....but then again why not? Maybe Jericho will join them. BTW, I hope that Doctor Voodoo and Doom will have some scenes together in coming issues. That would be fun particularly since Doom is probably still ticked off at him for getting the SS title.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I love seeing everybody's Doom memorabilia and stuff. Keep it coming everyone! Those masks came out pretty good.

The only issue I have with the Marvel Legends Doom is it is really hard for me to switch out the hands and the head for some reason. I think I will just have to work on them slowly to loosen them up a bit. I like the modern style mask and keeping that one on for now. But it is the best one so far of all the figures I have.

If you take the spare head off of the Infamous Iron Man figure, and put him on your Tony Stark figure, you will have a fairly cool Victor Von Doom in a suit and tie, a la this cover from Infamous Iron Man:
    Infamous Iron Man 1 Von Doom variant.jpg

Also, Emperor God Doom Funko Pop is available for preorder on ebay with a bunch of different sellers. Some are outrageously overpriced, but a few still available at around the $30 range with free shipping. Expect it at the end of March.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    If you take the spare head off of the Infamous Iron Man figure, and put him on your Tony Stark figure, you will have a fairly cool Victor Von Doom in a suit and tie, a la this cover from Infamous Iron Man:

Also, Emperor God Doom Funko Pop is available for preorder on ebay with a bunch of different sellers. Some are outrageously overpriced, but a few still available at around the $30 range with free shipping. Expect it at the end of March.
    It's been revealed to be a shared exclusive with Target. Target is horrible with their releases, its typically feast or famine. So 30 might not be bad.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

OMG those panels!!! lmao, i can't wait to get the rest of the series and read them this weekend! Looks like the savage run definitely took place before the current doom run then? and it looks fun.

I had my doom action figure on order from an online store but havent gotten it yet but all those look amazing!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    It's been revealed to be a shared exclusive with Target. Target is horrible with their releases, its typically feast or famine. So 30 might not be bad.
    The one Target near me never has much of a Funko section. I may wait to see if they can be ordered from them though.

That's a great idea about the switching of the heads....I'll try that out!

I figured it would be around March with those. There are some larger Target stores but they're a bit further away. I will wait until March or early April and check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    OMG those panels!!! lmao, i can't wait to get the rest of the series and read them this weekend! Looks like the savage run definitely took place before the current doom run then? and it looks fun.

I had my doom action figure on order from an online store but havent gotten it yet but all those look amazing!
    Thanks! One of these days I will have to take them out of the packaging.

Savage Avengers has been a pleasant surprise. I never expected Doom to appear in it. I think you are right....it's probably before the current series. It's just about the only thing that makes sense.

And now for another unboxing. The pickings are getting slim in my area and I picked up the last two boxes at a Gamestop in the Mall. I checked another store yesterday to see if I can find another and they were sold out.

So here they are. At Doomscribe's suggestion, I swapped Tony Stark's head for the Victor von Doom head that came with Infamous Iron Man. His armor is standing guard over the the unboxing ceremony.

And now for Funko Mystery Box #1

And it's the Silver Surfer Gamestop Exclusive! I really like this one...he's using the Power Cosmic

And now for the second and last box of the evening......

JACKPOT!

And it's about time too! Freddie Mercury is making a special appearance for the occasion

The party continues at Castle Doom

Well, now I can take a breather. I still want to get the Mole Man and The Super Skull but those can wait. Besides, I don't know if the local stores will have that many more on the shelves. I've not seen them at all at Target. I can always get the regular sized ones of Galactus, Super Skrull and the FF. I like the variant of Johnny that is at Hot Topic...and I noticed there are several Freddies, one with the checkered leotard and the other without the yellow jacket. And the rest of Queen too.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Well done at last! Love the build-up and the party afterward. Rock on!
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Extraordinary Member

Now that I've read this one (why does it always snow lately on comic book day!) I have to see this is turning into one of the best team ups ever. I'll try to avoid big spoilers but suffice to say that I think the adventures of Doctors Doom and Strange will be continuing next issue if I am reading this right.

I think their official name should be the Magic Bros since they are really in tune with each other this issue. Without being too spoilery this was my favorite scene...

I hope they're not serious about tackling Mephisto again....but then again why not? Maybe Jericho will join them. BTW, I hope that Doctor Voodoo and Doom will have some scenes together in coming issues. That would be fun particularly since Doom is probably still ticked off at him for getting the SS title.
    I wouldn't go that far...they aren't brothers, they aren't partners and they aren't friends.....they are probably the 2 most powerful magic users in their world and I do believe there is a mutual respect....but Stephen is fighting to protect the universe and Victor is fighting to keep someone besides him from taking over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far...they aren't brothers, they aren't partners and they aren't friends.....they are probably the 2 most powerful magic users in their world and I do believe there is a mutual respect....but Stephen is fighting to protect the universe and Victor is fighting to keep someone besides him from taking over the world.
    You're taking me too literally. I'm just pointing out that Doctor Strange is one of the few if not only one that Doom can accept as an equal in a field. There is no bitter rivalry like there is with Reed. Maybe it's because Stephen is one only the few that actually will hear him out, like in Infamous Iron Man.

Well done at last! Love the build-up and the party afterward. Rock on!
    Thanks Doomscribe. I'm so glad to have gotten lucky with the last 2 boxes at the store I went to. And both of them variants. I would have preferred getting the Super Skull too but I do like this variant of the Silver Surfer. It's a more dynamic figure.

Extraordinary Member

You're taking me too literally. I'm just pointing out that Doctor Strange is one of the few if not only one that Doom can accept as an equal in a field. There is no bitter rivalry like there is with Reed. Maybe it's because Stephen is one only the few that actually will hear him out, like in Infamous Iron Man.
    That I can get behind. And Doom laying there on the floor with Stephen does look like something Victor would not normally do in front of anyone due to his pride/arrogance.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    See, I view it as them having a friendship, as its been shown they both remember BattleRelam, so they would also remember the time before it, and how close they had grown. They may be on "opposite sides" now, but I think the basis of the friendship still remains.

And the funny thing is that Stephen knows that Doom thinks he should have been Sorcerer Supreme but it's not something they get into fights about. Neither of them hesitated to come to the other's aid in this battle with Kulan Gath. I feel that Doom appreciates the fact that Stephen was the only one that stood with him when he was Infamous Iron Man. And now it looks like they will be dealing Mephisto together again. There's a certain level of trust there