Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    There is a new prose novel on the way as part of the Marvel Untold section of the new line.
    https://aconytebooks.com/press-relea...e-novel-range/

THE HARROWING OF DOOM by David Annandale

[Marvel Untold] Our thrilling new line bringing new tales of Marvel’s Super Heroes and villains begins with the infamous Doctor Doom risking all to steal his heart’s desire from the very depths of Hell.

Notorious villain Doctor Victor von Doom has finally found a solution for his oldest obsession: rescuing his mother’s soul from the clutches of Hell. An alliance with the reclusive sage, Maria von Helm, has provided the key to Doom’s latest invention. Fusing their super-science and sorcery, Doom has created the Harrower, a device that will open a rift and wrench his mother’s soul from the netherworld. Back in the human world, however, rebel forces threaten to overrun Latveria and topple its dark leader – and revolution couldn’t come at a more dangerous time than when the gates of Hell itself have been unlocked.

Pub Date: Dec 1st, 2020

I have really enjoyed his Neferata books for Age of Sigmar so I am looking forward to what he has in store for me.
    That’s great! I’m looking forward to it! I didn’t have the chance to read any of the older Marvel novels yet, I’ll certainly get this when it comes out. I wonder whether the “rebel forces” are Fortunov supporters or latverian freedom fighters… probably the former. I can’t fathom why latverians would want Victor gone. Every time he was forced away from Latveria things didn’t go very well there. If this story is set before Triumph and Torment it could be in his early years as a ruler, so they’re almost certainly late king Vladimir’s devotees. But of course this is Marvel, so anything could be XD
    I think it is established now that latverians do love Doom, don’t they? There are stories in which they weren’t depicted as being very enthusiastic about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Lol Amara was totally struck by Victor there! Poor Tony: Doctor Doom spoiled his date and nonchalantly stole his girlfriend… and not even on purpose XD

RE: Marvel Double Shots #2. If you can't find it in any European online stores, while looking for something else I stumbled across this store and it looks like they ship overseas
    Thank you!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    That’s great! I’m looking forward to it! I didn’t have the chance to read any of the older Marvel novels yet, I’ll certainly get this when it comes out. I wonder whether the “rebel forces” are Fortunov supporters or latverian freedom fighters… probably the former. I can’t fathom why latverians would want Victor gone. Every time he was forced away from Latveria things didn’t go very well there. If this story is set before Triumph and Torment it could be in his early years as a ruler, so they’re almost certainly late king Vladimir’s devotees. But of course this is Marvel, so anything could be
    I think it is established now that latverians do love Doom, don’t they? There are stories in which they weren’t depicted as being very enthusiastic about him.
    Lol Amara was totally struck by Victor there! Poor Tony: Doctor Doom spoiled his date and nonchalantly stole his girlfriend… and not even on purpose

Thank you!
    You're welcome. I hope you can get a copy shipped at a reasonable price. Or maybe you can try Comixology? They must do some international business since I found this in the support section, which addresses a question about Value Added Tax on purchases. I know many still prefer a physical copy but I do use my Ipad when I travel to read from my collection. Not that I have done much traveling lately!

Yeah, Tony really got upset about Victor's effect on Amara from that meeting. You could tell he felt threatened by Victor's looks because he kept bringing it up!

As for the attitude of Latverian citizens towards Doom, Marvel and writers can be inconsistent about this. The last we saw them in Slott's Fantastic Four story they were still loyal but Slott portrayed them as a bit dim witted it seemed to me. It would be likely that Latverian approval levels aren't 100% pro-Doom (and they would probably lie on any survey anyway ) and I imagine there are still pockets of dissent. I don't know who they would rally around right now. We have that illegitimate heir Dimitri Fortunov but we've not seen yet if the people accept him or not. It's not like that family was exactly beloved by the Latverians.

The Latverian Freedom fighters haven't been seen much lately. I recall they did make a bit of a splash with that suicide attack while Doom was at a U.S airport in JMS's Spider-Man. The were other freedom fighters that were in armored suits but I think they must have be arrested. Maybe they're in a federal prison in the U.S but in any case there's been no follow up on them.

If the upcoming prose novel takes place in the past, it could take place way back when Prince Rudolfo was still alive. He lead a small band of resistance fighters for a while. Which reminds me, the Valeria look-alike Ramona hasn't been seen since then. We had the another Valeria "doppelganger" in the Marvel Double Shots story "Masks" too. Doom's successor has usually accepted to be Kristoff but the way Doom keeps escaping death it looks like Kristoff will have a look wait like Great Britain's Prince Charles. Which reminds me, I don't think Doom bothered to give him an official rank or title like Crown Prince or Heir Apparent. He was Regent for a while when Doom had brain damage from an incident in Fall of the Hulks.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-28-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The latest Doctor Doom mash-up from SuperTeam Family!

https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.co...ctor-doom.html

And follow the tag for all Doom mash-ups!

https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.co.../Doctor%20Doom
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks Ravin Ray. Doom did crossover to the DC Universe back in the 1980’s , teaming up with the Parasite against Superman

Definitely a classic (even though critics don't see it that way):

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-30-2020 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I think they really missed out on something by pairing up Doom with the Parasite. Never heard of him before or since. Why not Lex Luthor or Brainiac? Seems like those would be far more interesting match ups.

^^^That's the exact same reaction I had when I saw the cover! I knew who everyone was, EXCEPT the Parasite. Even though it was Pre-Crisis, I remember reading quite a few issues of both Superman & Action Comics and never coming across him in any of those readings.

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-01-2020 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

One of the best Dr Doom soliloquies ever came from that book ... Plus the original pages were oversized, so it was a great book in my mind. Doom fared well against the best DC had to offer.
    Superman Spiderman 1 pg4.jpg
    Superman Spiderman 1 g5.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

BANNED

Doctor Doom was Jim Shooter's favorite character, which you can tell from the way he wrote him in Secret Wars'84 and Spider-Man and Superman. And the fact that he greenlit Triumph and Torment (which admittedly only got published after he left but was in the works for years and Shooter set up allusions to it in SW'84).

Click bait story of the week.

The We Got this Covered site claims to know details about the Black Widow movie's post credits scenes. There are supposed to be two of them. One will show Hawkeye standing at Natasha's grave and the second will refer to Doctor Doom and Latveria

From what we understand, the moment in question will involve someone from Latveria who will name-drop both the fictional nation and its masked ruler, paving the way for his arrival. Details beyond that remain hazy, but we’re told that the villain will definitely be teased during one of the post-credits scenes.
    We shall see how true this is come November.

Walt Simonson's redesigned armor for Doom. Sadly, it only lasted for a couple of issues (IIRC):

Yeah, I like a lot of the elements Simonson has here. Even though it lacks the usual tunic the design of the body armor has features similar to medieval armor but is more sleek. The section called the Tasset in the example below is used Simonson's design to shield the midsection and upper thigh areas.

And has a chrome like appearance compared to the darker armor of the Doombot.

26ef59d0f8fb40d50e24f133de242135.jpg
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-05-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Click bait story of the week.

The We Got this Covered site claims to know details about the Black Widow movie's post credits scenes. There are supposed to be two of them. One will show Hawkeye standing at Natasha's grave and the second will refer to Doctor Doom and Latveria

We shall see how true this is come November.
    I’m not a big fan of Black Widow, I don’t mind her. I was gonna see the movie only because of Taskmaster, but if this is true I have another reason to go to the cinema. Just the mention of Latveria will make it worth the ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Walt Simonson's redesigned armor for Doom. Sadly, it only lasted for a couple of issues (IIRC):
    I really like how the lack of the tunic gives Doom such a sleek appearance, makes him look more warlike and dangerous than regal but still lordly, Doom 2099 is the perfect example of what I’m talking about. This is another armor (of a different universe Doom) I really really like:

71YaK635D3L._AC_SL1050_.jpg

Love the design on his chest.

Oh yeah, that is a good one too. Not sure if the cover artists Michael Turner(?) designed this or Paul Pelletier. I wish we'd see more of this kind of style without the tunic.

Don't know who designed it, but it's one of my favorites. Along with God Emperor Doom.

And speaking of Doom in sleek armors… looks like there’s an Infamous Iron Man Pop coming out!

There’s also the edition with Avengers #35 variant cover (which is awesome!), but sadly looks like it’s already sold out

Last edited by FRC Coazze; 07-05-2020 at 01:11 PM.