Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

My favorite’s God Emperor Doom. He looks good in white, and the design reminds me of the statues of Roman emperors.

V2XcznEb_400x400.jpg

And this one from Fantastic Four #551/552 is close second:

DrDoom.jpg

The hell armor is cool, but a bit too much for me. I prefer simpler designs

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Yes, not bad actually. He doesn't have to deal with beating up the FF, but for some reason leaves Zora as an ambassador in NY. This must take place after the end of the solo run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, Sue remarks how restrained Doom behaves this time. I think it got through to Slott that his Doom with the customized deathtraps for each of the FF is an outdated version of Doom from the 70s or 80s. IMO that kind of writing derails all the work done by other writers to get him to where he is now. I never thought I would defend Bendis but he realized that is was time to things a bit differently when he was doing Infamos Iron Man.
    Good to learn that Slott may be changing his approach to Doom, maybe in the light of Cantwell’s run as well. The involution he put Doom through just didn’t make any sense after everything Victor went through in Secret Wars and Infamous Iron Man ( I mean, I do enjoy old school Doom, but I rather go back to older stories for that). I hope Sue was kinder to him this time.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Also I had been working on a updated Doctor Doom Comic Reading Guide based on another guide by another fan and decided to finish it today so I could post it here for you to glean through at your own pace. This might help you with your comic searches. Good Luck!

Totally stealing this for the front page.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Good idea....But there is a lot of duplication to deal with. The original list has a lot of these but not as many of the more current ones.

IF they close and reboot the thread again like they did last year we can re-organize. This list was done fairly recently since the background is the Doom variant cover for the current issue of Fantastic Four. I did get the variant of course
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-27-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Good idea....But there is a lot of duplication to deal with. The original list has a lot of these but not as many of the more current ones.
    Yes, there is. Hopefully you can start the thread next year, in TWO SHORT MONTHS, and we can clean it up a bit.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes, there is. Hopefully you can start the thread next year, in TWO SHORT MONTHS, and we can clean it up a bit.
    I hopel we can use Impy's version and give him some stories that might be missing so he can update his. I'll have to do some comparisons when I get a chance.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-27-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    My favorite’s God Emperor Doom. He looks good in white, and the design reminds me of the statues of Roman emperors.

V2XcznEb_400x400.jpg

And this one from Fantastic Four #551/552 is close second:

DrDoom.jpg

The hell armor is cool, but a bit too much for me. I prefer simpler designs
    And the Hell armor can only be used sparingly. Can you imagine the artist having to draw that in every page of a 22 page story?

I had forgotten about that armor from Dwayne McDuffie's brief but worth reading Fantastic Four run. The late Michael Turner is the cover artist and Paul Pelletier did the interior. I have to assume that as the person doing the ongoing, Pelletier did the design. He is at DC now.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    Good to learn that Slott may be changing his approach to Doom, maybe in the light of Cantwell’s run as well. The involution he put Doom through just didn’t make any sense after everything Victor went through in Secret Wars and Infamous Iron Man ( I mean, I do enjoy old school Doom, but I rather go back to older stories for that). I hope Sue was kinder to him this time.
    Yes IIRC she didn't even bring up the incident, which is wise on her part. Susan does go to the Latverian Embassy on a mission given to her by Nick Fury Jr. to find something concealed there. When Lady Victorious brings subject of their last battle in Latveria and starts to attack Susan, Doom tells her to stand down and that they will deal with it at another time. It's like Slott didn't even want much discussion about it in the book at all. Admittedly, there was a bigger issue at hand with a new intergalactic menace, the Helmsman and his servant the Cormorant.

Just a FYI

I will be going to the local comic shop soon. I will be making a spoiler review thread for Doctor Doom #8 so that we won't have to worry about putting in spoiler tags

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Dell Otto Doom battle damage.jpg

This armor was spectacular, I thought, with the scroll work on the armor reminiscent of the recent Sideshow Dr Doom statue. But I don't think it was ever done as anything more than a variant cover. This was by Dell Otto.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

That was the actual cover of New Avengers #33, AFAIK there was no variant. That's the issue that tells the origin of the Incursions etc as told by the Molecule Man. And another great set of armor.

And BTW the link to the review thread of Doctor Doom #8

iMan 42s

Of Victor's many looks I do actually have a soft spot for his original appearance. Basically no cape and less exposed armor. He really does have something kind of timeless about his outfit which I think is lost on the classic appearance but I can't really put my finger on it. That being said I love both his original and classic appearance.

Doctor-Doom-Intro-1.jpg

He really does have a lot of cool outfits in recent years with the 2015 Secret War outfit being a personal favorite. If I had it my way though I'd have incorporated some of that into the Infamous armor but I don't hate that either. He really does have a lot of cool looking gear.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Maybe one day Hasbro will do a figure of Doom from FF#5. But for right now, the figure coming out very shortly has at least part of the cowl with the large collar. There is a name for that and one of our Doom fans FRC COAZZE said it is a pellegrina
    I have this figure on order at the local Gamestop and it should be coming in soon.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-28-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Doom's time platform malfunctions and sends him into the alternate universe of 1960s television shows

Extraordinary Member

Doom's time platform malfunctions and sends him into the alternate universe of 1960s television shows
    Your PM is full.

Thanks....I cleared out some room.

Haven't done one of these in a while.

Presenting....another unboxing! Stay tuned for the reveal on Wednesday!