Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Savage Avengers has been a pleasant surprise for sure. And yet, there is almost no talk of it on the boards... Sadly, I doubt the book will last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And the funny thing is that Stephen knows that Doom thinks he should have been Sorcerer Supreme but it's not something they get into fights about. Neither of them hesitated to come to the other's aid in this battle with Kulan Gath. I feel that Doom appreciates the fact that Stephen was the only one that stood with him when he was Infamous Iron Man. And now it looks like they will be dealing Mephisto together again. There's a certain level of trust there
    Yes!

And despite of the apparent absurdity of such a comment, I like to see their bromance as a kind of late Kirby and Ditko team up I love it!

And I'm the first surprised according to my first reaction to the soilcits about Avengers book featuring Conan.

Last but not least, congratulations for those last unboxing, Iron Maiden! (And all the nice mise en scene around it!)
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Savage Avengers has been a pleasant surprise for sure. And yet, there is almost no talk of it on the boards... Sadly, I doubt the book will last very long.
    It is probably just for the Kulan Gath arc and then will go away.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm afraid you are probably right about the series possibly coming to and end with this arc. It has been a surprisingly fun read

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Yes!

And despite of the apparent absurdity of such a comment, I like to see their bromance as a kind of late Kirby and Ditko team up I love it!

And I'm the first surprised according to my first reaction to the soilcits about Avengers book featuring Conan.

Last but not least, congratulations for those last unboxing, Iron Maiden! (And all the nice mise en scene around it!)

Thanks Abe. I'm just relieved that I finally got one of the Doom figures. I like this one that is the GameStop exclusive. I may go back and get the larger Funkos but I'm in no hurry. I expect that God Emperor Doom will be out sometime in March. I have already seen some pre-orders at 3 times the retail price. Bah to that. I'm hoping for a release to some stores

This is a busy month for Doom; issue #5 of his solo series, appearances in Fantastic Four/X-Men (issue #2 coming out Feb. 26th) and Savage Avengers. All of them good so far.

Extraordinary Member

I just thought of this...but why didn't Victor's adopted son take over Latveria when he surrendered? Would be interesting to see what he has made of himself since he broke away from Papa Doom to make his own way. Maybe strong enough to hold and protect Latveria without Victor's more brutal tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I just thought of this...but why didn't Victor's adopted son take over Latveria when he surrendered? Would be interesting to see what he has made of himself since he broke away from Papa Doom to make his own way. Maybe strong enough to hold and protect Latveria without Victor's more brutal tendencies.
    Ho men, we have been making this question several times. But the sad true is that no one knows what happened with Kristoff at all. He wasn't been seen since the secret wars and we don't even know if he is supposed to be alive, How is his relationship with Doom or if he will be ever appear again.

Some comments have bring us a bit hope to see him in the last arc of the current run but there are just rumors yet.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Yes...Cantwell has hinted a couple of times on his Twitter that he has something in the works with Kristoff. The last time he appeared was in one of those memorable dinners at Castle Doom. Kristoff was there when the Molecule Man lead Doom on that journey to reveal to him the meaning and origins of the Beyonders' Incursions and what needed to be done to stop it

The way Doom has been bouncing around in different titles I can't see any reason why someone needs the approval to use characters. He is a Fantastic Four/Doom related character after all.

IMO Two reasons, unconnected to each other, come to mind. First of all, maybe there is a push to get Zora/Lady Victorious a bigger role in the ongoing. Second, writers tend to forget about him! I'm afraid I'm not going to C2E2 this year where I have been able to ask Hickman about Kristoff in the past. He's too tied up in the X-people stuff now anyway (bah humbug! )

Amazing Member

Default Secret Wars question

Hi! Was it ever explained why Doom was unable to repair his face with the Beyonder's power in the 2015 Secret Wars series? Considering he was easily able to do that in the original Secret Wars with the power of one Beyonder it seems oddly unexplained why he couldn't do the same with many multiples of the same power. Could it have had to do with wielding the power externally via the Molecule Man battery or that MM was secretly sabotaging him?

I don't think there was ever an official explanation. It was probably up to the reader. Your theory is as good as any. Some theories were that Doom himself had a mental block and he only believed he couldn't do it. It dovetails into something Christopher Cantwell said in his interpretation of Doom. "To me, Doom is both Dr. Frankenstein and the Monster. He is able to love, but he feels he is unable to be loved" is how he put it. We know that Doom projects this image of someone supremely confident but that may not be necessarily how he sees himself in those dark hours of self reflection.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think there was ever an official explanation. It was probably up to the reader. Your theory is as good as any. Some theories were that Doom himself had a mental block and he only believed he couldn't do it. It dovetails into something Christopher Cantwell said in his interpretation of Doom. "To me, Doom is both Dr. Frankenstein and the Monster. He is able to love, but he feels he is unable to be loved" is how he put it. We know that Doom projects this image of someone supremely confident but that may not be necessarily how he sees himself in those dark hours of self reflection.
    Didn't they used an excuse like that for Ben Grimm as well...there was no physical reason he couldn't change back...it was psychological.

Didn't they used an excuse like that for Ben Grimm as well...there was no physical reason he couldn't change back...it was psychological.
    Yes, pretty much. Reed would try all these can't miss cures but they would fail and he came to the conclusion that subconsciously Ben didn't want to change because Alicia loved him as the Thing.

BANNED

Haven't seen anybody post the January sales figures yet. That goes for both Marvel and DC, with the exception of the X-Men fans. I find the lack of interest in this data troubling, nevertheless here's the latest tally for Doctor Doom:

23 Doctor Doom #1 - 59,927
    41 Doctor Doom #2 - 38,784
    77 Doctor Doom #3 - 25,816
    83 Doctor Doom #4 - 23,141

A further drop for Doctor Doom but only just. It looks like the readership is starting to stabilise. Even if things are hovering slightly above the cancellation line. We'll know more when the February numbers come in.

Thanks Kintor. I forgot to check for those figures. It seems like they come out later these days than they used to.

I was able to find the second printing figures for issue #3, which was another 1,278. The updated total is 27,094. I like that it pushes the total closer to the 30,000 plateau and that's a pretty safe figure. Issue #4 has a second printing this Wednesday on the 19th too so will have to watch for that. I thought issue #3 had a second printing also so will have to check on that. Issue #1 had small number of second printings of 892 units so that pushes up to 60,819

I should create another spreadsheet for this for tracking purposes.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-18-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Amazing Member

Yes, pretty much. Reed would try all these can't miss cures but they would fail and he came to the conclusion that subconsciously Ben didn't want to change because Alicia loved him as the Thing.
    The difference I see here is Doom already has fixed his face in canon when he's amassed enough power. So the subconscious explanation could be valid but would need some further explanation of why this time was different than before.

Quote Originally Posted by megatillo View Post
    The difference I see here is Doom already has fixed his face in canon when he's amassed enough power. So the subconscious explanation could be valid but would need some further explanation of why this time was different than before.
    Oh, I know what you mean. The first SW he was able to do it without any problem. Your theory about him not possessing the power directly has a lot of merit. Owen could have been preventing him as you say. Maybe it was because Doom was forgetting to bring him hamburgers
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-23-2020 at 11:31 PM.