Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Coming Attractions for May. It's a month full of Empyre tie ins and I didn't notice any mention of Doom. That may be a good thing.

AVENGERS OF THE WASTELANDS #5 (of 5)
    ED BRISSON (W) • JONAS SCHARF (A)
    Cover by JUAN JOSé RYP
    Variant Cover by Todd Nauck

THE FINAL SHOWDOWN ON DOOM’S DOORSTEP!
    • The so-called AVENGERS make their stand.
    • The scheme of DR. DOOM is revealed.
    • The final betrayal.
    • The fate of the Wastelands is determined here!

Maybe this series will actually feature the real Doom of the Old Man Logan future. I'm not going to bet on it though. In all these years we've only had one on page appearance and that's going back to Mark Millar's Wolverine issues. There rest have been Doombots

STOP READING HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS AS TO THE WEAPON DOOM ATTAINS. (* I hate it when the solicits do this*) The Dark Marvel variant by artist Ryan Brown is a winner

DOCTOR DOOM #8
    CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
    DARK MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY RYAN BROWN

After regaining his throne, Doctor Doom presses his advantage and invades Symkaria with the intent to conquer and annex the entire nation. And with the Ultimate Nullifier in hand, he’s able to keep the entire world at bay while he declares total war on the country that tried to overthrow him. Once the dust settles, he realizes he’s humanity’s last hope for preventing an unstable black hole from annihilating all of Earth...

Now what would be an interesting development as if Doom does annex Symkaria. Go for it, Cantwell

I have no clue what the Dark Marvel event or whatever it refers to is supposed to be.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-20-2020 at 10:34 PM.

A quick update on the God Emperor Doom Funko Pop coming out soon, perhaps in March. According to one of those youtube review channels, this one will be a Target exclusive. Hooray for that. I noticed the one closest to me has updated their Funko Pop display with some newer figures so will watch out for that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    A quick update on the God Emperor Doom Funko Pop coming out soon, perhaps in March. According to one of those youtube review channels, this one will be a Target exclusive. Hooray for that. I noticed the one closest to me has updated their Funko Pop display with some newer figures so will watch out for that.

It will be March, more than likely the 12th or 13th. Typically the con exclusive pops are no more than 6 per store, and are at the electronics counter, or in that area. Very rarely do they make it to the wall. The exact day of release should be known that week, as thats typically when stores announce what day shared exclusives will be on shelves. I plan on being there at store open in hopes of grabbing 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    It will be March, more than likely the 12th or 13th. Typically the con exclusive pops are no more than 6 per store, and are at the electronics counter, or in that area. Very rarely do they make it to the wall. The exact day of release should be known that week, as thats typically when stores announce what day shared exclusives will be on shelves. I plan on being there at store open in hopes of grabbing 1 or 2.
    Thanks for the info. I will get at least one, I hope. In a couple of weeks, I will start out with the closest Target and then move on to those a bit farther away.

Thanks for the info. I will get at least one, I hope. In a couple of weeks, I will start out with the closest Target and then move on to those a bit farther away.
    Just read issues 9 & 10 of Savage Avengers and they were fun as hell. Conan, Doom and Strange, who would have thought that could be a sweet spot for a great little crew?

I love that title. I call Conan, Doom and Strange the Three Amigos. I was thinking maybe Doom's appearance in this would only be a couple of issues but it looks like he may be in it for one more at least. Gerry Duggan is really cementing the mutual respect that Victor and Stephen have for each other.

BANNED

Some brief spoiler free thoughts on the latest Doom story.

X-Men/FF #2
    The Fantastic Four are running around like irrational idiots, so nothing new there. Fortunately though, compared to the last issue Doom has a sizable page count. Doom himself is respectful represented here; there's even some great bonding moments between him and Valeria. If I could level any criticism it's that the whole story feels like a bridging issue, moving character from point A to B in anticipation of a bigger conflict yet to come.

BANNED

I love Doom in X/FF #2. He's fun as always. And there's always this weird pleasure as he plots to screw people over.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I just love it that he outsmarted Krakoa this issue, after he was trashed in the X4 #1 preview thread.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I haven't been to the LCS so glad to see positive remarks here. But since it will be several hours at least before I go I hope someone can get a Spoiler review thread going on this forum. If not I will do one later this afternoon.

Previews for issue #6 coming out next week. This reminds me of scene from PeeWee's Big Adventure

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-27-2020 at 03:31 PM.

BANNED

This is great, I never imagined Doom and Kang in a road trip comedy but it just works so well.

The tricky part is that both of them are playing the straight man. I guess you need a few random train hobos for those pratfalls.

Yeah, this really was wacky in a good way. I like the change of pace considering all the hell (literally) Doom's been going through since the beginning of the series. Lately I've been getting the sense that this iteration of Kang might be him from a younger age, like maybe right after he had discovered his ancestor's time machine. In Avengers Forever, Kang didn't seem to know precisely who's family tree he descends from, Doom's or the Richards. He considered it irrelevant. Byrne was the one that made the hints that he may have been a descendent of Nathaniel Richards. We have the mysterious child of Nathaniel and his second wife the sinister Cassandra

From Avengers Forever,

In Byrne's FF we saw that Nathaniel also had built a time machine that looks identical to Doom's. The only catch is that this time platform is in Nathaniel's west coast mansion but Kang's flashback showed him finding it in a medieval style castle. I'm curious to see if this is talked about more between Kang and Doom in next week's issue.

This will be will be available March or April from Sideshow Collectibles.

Signed Art Print by Alex Ross (limited to 200) for $150 or $350 for framing. Based on some of the work seen in Ross's recent art book Marvelocity. I am so glad that Ross gets the color of the eyes right! It always annoys me when the colorist gives him blue eyes.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-01-2020 at 02:16 AM.

This will be will be available March or April from Sideshow Collectibles.

Signed Art Print by Alex Ross (limited to 200) for $150 or $350 for framing. Based on some of the work seen in Ross's recent art book Marvelocity. I am so glad the Ross gets the color of the eyes right! It always annoys me when the colorist gives him blue eyes.

I know, right?! Where did blue-eyed Doom come from?