Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for finding that Kintor. I just ordered one from mycomicsshop. One thing I do have is the 2099 Special: World of Doom. It was a companion piece to Warren Ellis's One Nation Under Doom crossover event. Parts of it are reprinted in that Doom 2099 TBP from several years ago. It has Doom's manifesto with different policies, etc.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-29-2020 at 09:08 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I wish there was a credit line for it. Maybe Doomscribe will log in and take a look at it. He has a lot of information on Doom 2099.

What might be fun is if we start a retro review of Doom 2099, starting with issue #1. It will pass the time anyway! I could even start a separate thread.
    At least half of it comes from here: The DOOM 2099 Sketchbook, a promo piece probably in Marvel Age? Also possibly it appeared inside the books themselves.
    Doom 2099Sketchbook_0001.jpg
    Doom 2099Sketchbook_0002.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    At least half of it comes from here: The DOOM 2099 Sketchbook, a promo piece probably in Marvel Age? Also possibly it appeared inside the books themselves.
    Doom 2099Sketchbook_0001.jpg
    Doom 2099Sketchbook_0002.jpg
    I'll be going through my collection...some of it might be in Doom 2099: World of Tomorrow but I kind of doubt it. I was more of a promo for One Nation Under Doom IIRC.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Saw this video of Jack Kirby talking about Doctor Doom and thought I would share it in case other's hadn't seen it.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Saw this video of Jack Kirby talking about Doctor Doom and thought I would share it in case other's hadn't seen it.

Thanks for posting that. I've had it usually near the beginning of the other threads but the reboots of the threads were kind of weird the last time and threw me off. The next time it happens I want to get a good start on it and put stuff like this as the intro to the thread.

As for an update of the status of Doctor Doom #7, things are pretty crazy. It looks like the release won't happen in the first wave Marvel has planned, which doesn't make sense to me. Normally it would have shipped on April 1st so it was ready to go, probably sitting at the warehouse at Diamond or wherever. Now when I log into Comixololgy or the Marvel store, it says July 15th for the next issue. Why the huge delay??
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-03-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Just picked up the first TPB of Cantwell's Doom series. Just one issue in and while I mostly liked it, Doom dropping a censored F-bomb was an eyebrow raiser. Should I be concerned going forward?

I'm not any kind of prude on any level. It just seemed out of character for him.

EDIT: He's totally right about John over Paul.
    Last edited by Voices From the Eyrie; 05-04-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Just picked up the first TPB of Cantwell's Doom series. Just one issue in and while I mostly liked it, Doom dropping a censored F-bomb was an eyebrow raiser. Should I be concerned going forward?

I'm not any kind of prude on any level. It just seemed out of character for him.
    I had to go back and look because nothing came to mind. I wouldn't be concerned because first of all, it's up to one's imagination as to what swear word was used. Since he was among fellow Latverians, it most likely was either a Latverian swear word (which would be imaginary since there is no such language) or it could be a Romany swear word. I prefer to think it was the latter. I recall there was a Latverian swear word used in Infamous Iron Man but Bendis made it up. Victor has a temper and I wouldn't think it would be out of character for him to use harsh language at a time like this.

I had to go back and look because nothing came to mind. I wouldn't be concerned because first of all, it's up to one's imagination as to what swear word was used. Since he was among fellow Latverians, it most likely was either a Latverian swear word (which would be imaginary since there is no such language) or it could be a Romany swear word. I prefer to think it was the latter. I recall there was a Latverian swear word used in Infamous Iron Man but Bendis made it up. Victor has a temper and I wouldn't think it would be out of character for him to use harsh language at a time like this.
    I'll happily headcanon that.

I'll happily headcanon that.
    The one thing I did find out of character was the time in Bendis's Mighty Avengers when he called Ms Marvel (Carol Danvers) a wh*re

The one thing I did find out of character was the time in Bendis's Mighty Avengers when he called Ms Marvel (Carol Danvers) a wh*re
    Agreed. I have mixed feelings about that Bendis story. That moment being the biggest. The time travel was fun, and the Morgan le Fay stuff was cool (glad Cantwell is bringing that connection back); but... well, far from the best Doom story, far from the worst.

Agreed. I have mixed feelings about that Bendis story. That moment being the biggest. The time travel was fun, and the Morgan le Fay stuff was cool (glad Cantwell is bringing that connection back); but... well, far from the best Doom story, far from the worst.

Yes, it does fall sort of in between. I liked the interaction between Tony and Victor but I always thought that the Sentry was never used properly by Bendis. He just seemed like this big, broken toy that no one knew what to do with. Bendis did redeem himself with Infamous Iron Man at least.

I agree totally about Morgan Le Fey and how Cantwell added her to the cast. We've not seen much of her lately so I hope to see her in the upcoming comics, whenever that will be. I still can't understand that Marvel release schedule pushing back the next issue until July.

There is one mysterious connection to Doom that seems to have been forgotten and that is Amanda von Doom, last seen IIRC in Jason Aaron's Incredible Hulk. Her origin was pretty murky as I recall. But she has become my dark horse suspect for the person behind the Symkaria plot to seize Latveria.

EDIT: He's totally right about John over Paul.
    This is what I love about Cantwell's series....he tosses in these random, very human moments with Doom. I very much enjoyed him holding conversations with Morgan or Kang. I just know we've not seen the last of him.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-10-2020 at 10:47 PM.

I remembered another example of Doom using harsh language .... from Doctor Voodoo Avenger of The Supernatural. The ghost of Jericho's brother Daniel had taken possession of Doom and they were sharing consciousness

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-05-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks Ray!

If you check around the 1:40 mark they use a panel of Kristoff from an issue of New Avengers instead of one of Doom . It's from the dinner meeting with Reed and Stephen about the incursion over Latveria. But some of tho panels of Doom's origin from Matt Fraction's run are in there. I always hated that Fraction changed some of the circumstances of the accident with his device to contact the Netherworld by including the part about Ben tampering with the mystic symbols that were painted on the walls of Victor's dorm room.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-09-2020 at 11:08 AM.