Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    One of my favorite comic books had to have been Warren Ellis' run of Doom 2099. This sequence at the end of issue #29 has been on my mind since Stephen Colbert (A Late Show on CBS) mentioned that the current POTUS was looking for doctors who wouldn't be critical of his response to the coronavirus epidemic, and suggested Dr. Doom among others. Which was a funny bit. But this would be better.
    Attachment 96954

Attachment 96955

Attachment 96956

Of course, only a contentious old Brit like Ellis could get away with something like that.
    Wow....didn't know Colbert was into comic book lore. I have to agree that the One Nation Under Doom arc is probably one of my favorites also. The top of my list would be the arc of Astonishing Tales #8 leading into the gn Triumph and Torment, even if there is about a 16 year gap between them!

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Doom by Cian Tormey.jpg

Shared today on Cian Tormey's twitter feed. Absolutely magnificent.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Shared today on Cian Tormey's twitter feed. Absolutely magnificent.
    Another one with a sword I like that medieval touch. They aren't all that practical but a mystically powered sword is something I would like to see as a permanent part of his weaponry.

Really enjoyed Straczynski's sense of humor when it comes to Doom and international relations:
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-28-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks K7PV5. For someone who jumped into writing comic books after being a showrunner on TV, JMS really adapted well. I think a "done in one" issue can be a challenge and he nails it here. Having JRjr on art helps a lot too. Few artists these days can work as fast as he does. IIRC for a brief spell he did 2 titles a month....so did Mark Bagley.

another bit of humor by JMS from that issue, apparently Doom carries some loose change with him....for airport snack machines or pay phones?!

Also, today I noticed something that has me worried. The Marvel store, Comixology and the Diamond Previews site have all removed any references of future issues of the Doctor Doom series. I hope this is not something ominous and maybe they are just trying to work out a new release schedule. I know Cantwell had tweeted that he was finished this first arc with scripts done up to issue #10. This was before the spread of the virus accelerated.

I had pre-ordered issue #7 in case it was going to be switched to digital only. I have to see what happened to that transaction. I didn't see a credit show up.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-28-2020 at 10:13 PM.

I didn't know Dr Doom had pockets.

ds
    "Because ... I am Doom

Chris Cantwell tweeted this morning: "Okay, this Wednesday I get to share some exciting news—news I’ve been dying to share, and probably the biggest news of my work in comic books thus far. I’m counting the minutes. It’s epic."

And in response to a query about Dr Doom series continuing, posted: "It’s returning don’t worry!"

So .... hopeful!
    "Because ... I am Doom

Chris Cantwell tweeted this morning: "Okay, this Wednesday I get to share some exciting news—news I’ve been dying to share, and probably the biggest news of my work in comic books thus far. I’m counting the minutes. It’s epic."

And in response to a query about Dr Doom series continuing, posted: "It’s returning don’t worry!"

So .... hopeful!
    Finally! Thanks DS. I was getting a bit worried but since the sales is still pretty healthy, I couldn't see how Marvel would discontinue it.

Amazing Member

My Doctor Doom by Alex Maleev commission arrived today. I absolutely love it, and can't wait to drop it off to the framers this week!20200602_173837.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    My Doctor Doom by Alex Maleev commission arrived today. I absolutely love it, and can't wait to drop it off to the framers this week!20200602_173837.jpg
    Wow....that is fabulous! Did you get to pick the setting, etc?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    Oh that is just gorgeous! Congrats on your art commission!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I wish this forum had a "like" button. Thanks Ray! At least it's a Caddy! You know, I was just thinking now. Doesn't Hickman live in North Carolina?

RE: Alex Maleev Dr Doom art ... That's beautiful! Lucky spike! I want one too!

Also want the Dr Doom license, but someone already has one here.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Victor on the Cobra Doom Cycle:

I saw this first on this thread from the G.I Joe website HissTank.com, which I found in turn searching for more info for the thread Was GI Joe originally set in the Marvel Universe?

Which leads to my query, do you know of any fanfic Dr. Doom/Cobra crossover? If it were to happen, I would make the Baroness a Latverian, since to my knowledge her citizenship was never revealed, only that she came from a European aristocratic family. She could be a double agent in Cobra working for Doom. Destro would have to match his technological wits against Doom's, and Cobra Commander his leadership.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES