Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Totally stealing this for the front page.
    Steal away!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hopel we can use Impy's version and give him some stories that might be missing so he can update his. I'll have to do some comparisons when I get a chance.
    I can totally do an update in the New Year, so if you have any more comics to add I can put them on there! Just let me know. I'll probably use a new art for the background so it doesn't get confused with the current version. Also DoomScribe pointed out a mistake I made so I was itching to get it redone anyways.

Just a FYI

I will be going to the local comic shop soon. I will be making a spoiler review thread for Doctor Doom #8 so that we won't have to worry about putting in spoiler tags
    No spoilers but I just felt the last issue was a rehash of things going on, and maybe it's because I'm bitter that Doom will not be continuing but the reveal with Victorious wasn't that shocking? If there had been more build up then maybe it would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post

This armor was spectacular, I thought, with the scroll work on the armor reminiscent of the recent Sideshow Dr Doom statue. But I don't think it was ever done as anything more than a variant cover. This was by Dell Otto.
    I love this art so much!

And now for the reveal! To the surprise of probably no one, it's the Marvel Legends Retro Doom...
    Amazing!!! As always, I love it when your share your collection pics!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

No spoilers but I just felt the last issue was a rehash of things going on, and maybe it's because I'm bitter that Doom will not be continuing but the reveal with Victorious wasn't that shocking? If there had been more build up then maybe it would have been.
    I felt the same I just read it and, sad to admit it, I didn’t like this issue. It certainly was well written (and probably with a second or third reading I’ll change my mind), I just want to see things happening, not hearing it from someone. It felt to me like they put multiple issues into one, probably not the case… probably it’s because I too am bitter about the series ending soon: I want more! The big reveal with Zora I think it was genius, I would have never guessed! But again, I wanted to see her struggle, I wanted more of her in general.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I felt the same I just read it and, sad to admit it, I didn’t like this issue. It certainly was well written (and probably with a second or third reading I’ll change my mind), I just want to see things happening, not hearing it from someone. It felt to me like they put multiple issues into one, probably not the case… probably it’s because I too am bitter about the series ending soon: I want more! The big reveal with Zora I think it was genius, I would have never guessed! But again, I wanted to see her struggle, I wanted more of her in general.
    I guess I must be the only one who liked it. For me, I like the fact that the series has frequently taken on the form of Doom's ongoing journal of events and how he sees them. I can understand why you feel that this issue was like a distillation of perhaps several issues. I have no arguments there. The takeover of Symkaria is summarized by Doom himself in his journal as a fait accompli so there is no suspense to that event. We know that the outcome would be anyway since Marvel has a history of removing Doom from his throne and then eventually setting things back to the status quo. It's a tradeoff because I do like how Cantwell uses Doom's voice in this, echoing what Brubaker does in Books of Doom. For the most part he is candid in his writings but he sometimes glosses over the messy, unflattering details.

But I totally agree with you in being disappointed that the series is coming to an end. There is still a some major things yet to be resolved the frequently neglected black hole crisis. I think it would have helped if we saw some major signs of how it's influences is spreading. Doom sees glimpses of another reality but how about other people experiencing the effect, perhaps seeing the "ghosts" of another New York City a shining city of great advancements, etc. And how about the long neglected subplot with Mistress Death? Will she return to demand payment for the debt of restoring him to life??

I do hope that there will be a Doctor Doom volume 2 since this has been a successful series at least critically even if it hasn't been a huge blockbuster in sales.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I guess I must be the only one who liked it. For me, I like the fact that the series has frequently taken on the form of Doom's ongoing journal of events and how he sees them. I can understand why you feel that this issue was like a distillation of perhaps several issues. I have no arguments there. The takeover of Symkaria is summarized by Doom himself in his journal as a fait accompli so there is no suspense to that event. We know that the outcome would be anyway since Marvel has a history of removing Doom from his throne and then eventually setting things back to the status quo. It's a tradeoff because I do like how Cantwell uses Doom's voice in this, echoing what Brubaker does in Books of Doom. For the most part he is candid in his writings but he sometimes glosses over the messy, unflattering details.

But I totally agree with you in being disappointed that the series is coming to an end. There is still a some major things yet to be resolved the frequently neglected black hole crisis. I think it would have helped if we saw some major signs of how it's influences is spreading. Doom sees glimpses of another reality but how about other people experiencing the effect, perhaps seeing the "ghosts" of another New York City a shining city of great advancements, etc. And how about the long neglected subplot with Mistress Death? Will she return to demand payment for the debt of restoring him to life??

I do hope that there will be a Doctor Doom volume 2 since this has been a successful series at least critically even if it hasn't been a huge blockbuster in sales.
    I definitely hope there will be another series and soon, however I think I just felt the issue could have been expanded on, all the action scenes/war scene could have been half a comic itself, the Kristoff ending could have had a scene between father and son where he entrusted Kristoff with ruling etc. It just felt as though there was so much more potential for this series to go on but as always Marvel cancels and the creative team is left to scramble and tie up their loose ends where they can, if they can. I wish Marvel would just let the team know how long they have on a title before its ending, the same thing happens with Invaders last year, and I feel this effects storytelling. Still looking forward to the rest of the Doom series.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I definitely hope there will be another series and soon, however I think I just felt the issue could have been expanded on, all the action scenes/war scene could have been half a comic itself, the Kristoff ending could have had a scene between father and son where he entrusted Kristoff with ruling etc. It just felt as though there was so much more potential for this series to go on but as always Marvel cancels and the creative team is left to scramble and tie up their loose ends where they can, if they can. I wish Marvel would just let the team know how long they have on a title before its ending, the same thing happens with Invaders last year, and I feel this effects storytelling. Still looking forward to the rest of the Doom series.
    I agree with you with things being too compressed. It's still not clear to me if the series ending was voluntary since Cantwell took over Iron Man or they just wanted higher sales. That one I doubt because there are titles below this one that are still ongoing.

I just hope the ending doesn't have the rushed quality to it. After this, we're going to have to get accustomed to not having our monthly dose of Doom

Another week, another MCU Doctor Doom rumor...Doctor Doom Will Reportedly Try To Corrupt One Of The Avengers. I should make a list of these for future reference to see if any of them turn out to be true.

"... we’ve now heard from our sources – the same ones that told us Ben Affleck would be returning as Batman in The Flash and that Percy Jackson is being rebooted as a streaming series – that in a future MCU project, none other than Doctor Doom will attempt to corrupt the youthful exuberance of Tom Holland’s Spider-Man in an attempt to create a divide in the Avengers. Apparently, he’ll see the potential in Peter’s smarts and brilliant mind and try to turn him and have the young hero join his fight and go against his former allies. How, exactly, he’ll do this, we don’t yet know, but we’ve been told that Doom will definitely take a liking to Parker and attempt to get him on his side."

Looks like Doom's the baddie for the upcoming Avengers storyline. Although I am not a fan of the concept (anything to do with the Phoenix gives me a headache) I'm still mildly curious about the story.

I agree....the Phoenix concept is no longer very interesting and the previous Phoenix event in Avengers vs X-Men didn't sit well with me. IIRC it is the one powerset that Doom hasn't obtained before so that is one novelty I guess

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    It just makes sense..a show about magic, his comic connection to Wanda, the possibility of Agatha Harkness in it...etc
    Chthon's influence would be greatest in Eastern Europe, seeing as Wundagore is there, and seeing as Doom is into the dark magics, and lives not far from Chthon's historic power base, that would maybe be his connection.

Does anyone know why they would keep/cancel Darkhold? From what i heard Doom can sell well and this was Orlando first comic on the company
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 11-19-2020 at 05:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustADoombot View Post

Looks like Doom's the baddie for the upcoming Avengers storyline. Although I am not a fan of the concept (anything to do with the Phoenix gives me a headache) I'm still mildly curious about the story.

That just seems like one more stupid idea from the House of Ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

That just seems like one more stupid idea from the House of Ideas....
    Unfortunately I agree with you. But think of all the money you save by not buying this or all the tie-ins

iMan 42s

Being honest, it really is one the things that keep putting me off X-men. Be it the constant genocide, who is having an affair with who, or what’s going on with the Phoenix I just don’t care. That and a billion different titles so who the hell knows where to start but im just not feeling it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Being honest, it really is one the things that keep putting me off X-men. Be it the constant genocide, who is having an affair with who, or what’s going on with the Phoenix I just don’t care. That and a billion different titles so who the hell knows where to start but im just not feeling it.
    In my case, I had dropped comics when I "grew up". But when I took up the hobby again I found the X-Men to be the worst one to catch up with compared to the FF and the Avengers. I did drop Spider-Man after OMD though.

And the current glut of X-Men titles just doesn't interest me and I have a feeling there will be more threats of extinction, etc. Zdarsky seemed to hint at it in the final issue of his X-Men/Fantastic Four mini where Val is talking to Doom and he mentions that war is inevitable with the the mutants.I have been picking of Hickman's X-Men only but lately I am behind even reading those.

Variant Cover for King in Black: Iron Man / Doctor Doom #1 by Dan Mora. I like this one better than the regular cover by Larocca

Original Cover