Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
Exactly. I disagree with the implication that Doom knows that he's evil. I think Doom has a much more pragmatic view, less mired in the conventional black and white of comic book morality. I think that Doom has always believed (even if he's knowingly deluded himself) that he is doing the right thing. Except for his sometimes frequent indulgence into revenge seeking with the Richards clan, Doom's initial goal of ruling the world was based on an assessment that he was the best person for the job and the world would be a better place if he did.
Well I think that at some level he knows and admits that he has done evil things, yes at the end his goal can be "Good" but the means have been brutal, I think that while he is a guy who thinks that "The end will justify the means" he can be full of guilty about some of the things he has done across the years.

Yes he can excuse himself in public or when confronted saying that things as condemning the soul of Valeria to the pits of hell was "necessary" to him to get more power, but I think that deep inside he feels a massive guilty about things like that.

Even more I remember a run when he worked with the princess Python and Selene to get a wish. While all the people thought that he would want to destroy Reed Richards , his wish was actually just stop feeling guilty about the things he has done since he sees his guilt as his worst enemy.