Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    Don't know who designed it, but it's one of my favorites. Along with God Emperor Doom.

And speaking of Doom in sleek armors… looks like there’s an Infamous Iron Man Pop coming out!

There’s also the edition with Avengers #35 variant cover (which is awesome!), but sadly looks like it’s already sold out

Too bad that one with the Avengers #35 variant cover is gone already. Darn.

Wow....thanks for posting this. I had no idea this was coming out. Looks like it ships in September. I will be sure to pick this up...probably two. Now I can match in with my Marvel Legends Infamous Iron Man. I keep one of my God Emperor Doom's boxed and the other I leave out for display.

That design is so cool. I like that they aren't simply using the same basic figure, this one has one knee bent like he's bracing for a big burst of power shooting from his gauntlets. And it will be glow in the dark too? I want this like yesterday

I look forward to adding him to my Doom army!

I have the first Funko Doctor Doom from about 5 years ago too, with the black eyes. I keep it in the box because the value of it has gone up on the secondary market. Not that I would sell it right now.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-05-2020 at 02:09 PM.

I’m considering pre-ordering it. Even though, given the actual circumstances, I have no idea what could happen between now and September… human race could be extinguished by then. But I don’t wanna end up like I did with God Emperor Doom Pop, which I didn’t pre-order and when I went back to the website to buy it it was already gone (I'm an idiot).

Your Doom army is awesome! I only have a trio, but I’m sure my Marvel Legends Infamous Iron Man would love a bobble-head friend!

I love your display ! Where did you get the Latverian Flag? Is it cloth or is that some kind of plastic? Are those volumes in Italian?

Here is my Infamous Iron Man and the Doctor Doom Masher figure. I would have loved to have that one when I was a youngster!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-06-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I found this absolutely outstanding cosplay.

Of course it homages that famous Secret Wars cover.

Jim Zub tweeted it way back in 2017.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/916833088335949825

And the cosplayer discussed a year later how he came up with it.
    https://costumewall.com/halloween-co...ret-wars-1985/

No prefab, all handmade, and the mask was papier-mâché. Very impressive.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I found this absolutely outstanding cosplay.

Of course it homages that famous Secret Wars cover.

Jim Zub tweeted it way back in 2017.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/916833088335949825

And the cosplayer discussed a year later how he came up with it.
    https://costumewall.com/halloween-co...ret-wars-1985/

No prefab, all handmade, and the mask was papier-mâché. Very impressive.
    I can’t find the words to express the admiration for this guy (or any cosplayer actually). The care for details is mind-blowing. He says he was impressed as a child by Doom's willpower and that he felt worried for him in Secret Wars. I guess everyone did. It's one of the reasons, I think, why Doom is such a great character: even if he is the villain he manages to get you to empathize with him and you can't not admire his strength and determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I love your display ! Where did you get the Latverian Flag? Is it cloth or is that some kind of plastic? Are those volumes in Italian?
    I made the flag. I printed it and then plasticized it. Most of the volumes are in English, some are in Italian (the Triumph and Torment one is the first Italian edition, not particularly rare but I’m proud of owning a copy) and there also a French one (I grab anything I find )

I will have to try that will making my own Latverian Flag.

Wow! That is a great homage to that Secret Wars cover. I hope he won a prize for that!

When you mention some of Doom's more redeeming qualities I would have to put his tenacity at the top. When he sets out to do something, we will literally go to Hell and back to accomplish his goal. It's his goals that are sometimes suspect.

Looks like Alex Maleev is working on a large painting of Doom. He posted his progress so far on Twitter...I just love his technique. And he remembered to give him brown eyes

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Very nice! People who paint with water colors, it blows me away what they do with colors. So much talent.

BTW ... I got a full size Latverian Flag off of ebay. Can probably still find them. It's really nice quality. I had to buy a flag stand though to display it properly. Wouldn't want to fly it outside ... for a variety of reasons.
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 07-09-2020 at 11:06 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Very nice! People who paint with water colors, it blows me away what they do with colors. So much talent.

BTW ... I got a full size Latverian Flag off of ebay. Can probably still find them. It's really nice quality. I had to buy a flag stand though to display it properly. Wouldn't want to fly it outside ... for a variety of reasons.
    I'd like to have one but probably not a full size one. You know, something like the little flag stands you sometimes seen on the President's desk or at podiums. I think it would be cool to have next to my PC.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

The one I have is dyed cloth, not painted or silk screened. So like a real flag it has color on both sides. Although the back side is noticeably paler than the front. A little desk top flag on a stand like that would be super cool. Latveria proud!

https://www.amazon.com/magFlags-Latv.../dp/B0173GBBWE

Flag is on Amazon
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 07-10-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Thanks for the link...

Maleev's new Doom portrait is finished! This is amazing! I think he captures Victor's face better than he did in Infamous Iron Man.

That is glorious! The perfect balance of the composition! The use of the light! The naked skin defining the mask's contour! Love it!
    Watercolor is magic and Maleev is a wizard!

About the flag... maybe you can try some company that prints flags? I’m sorry I can’t recommend any. I mean, I know very good websites that print customized flags (you can choose fabric, size, everything), but they’re either Italian or British, so you’ll probably pay more on shipping than on the actual flag .

That is glorious! The perfect balance of the composition! The use of the light! The naked skin defining the mask's contour! Love it!
    Watercolor is magic and Maleev is a wizard!
    I really love the minimal use of colors and it's like a portrait of Doom in his Infamous Iron Man phase, which of course Maleev did.

About the flag... maybe you can try some company that prints flags? I’m sorry I can’t recommend any. I mean, I know very good websites that print customized flags (you can choose fabric, size, everything), but they’re either Italian or British, so you’ll probably pay more on shipping than on the actual flag .
    Or what I could do is screen cap an image and take it to the local pharmacy that does do it yourself printing.

Another completed Doom portrait, already sold

Ok, I’m a bit embarrassed to bring this up after those beautiful paintings…

I’m currently working on a Doom fanart and I have a question: does Doom have other flags or personal banners, aside from the Latverian one?

I explain: the drawing depicts Victor sitting with two flags behind him (like, picture Trump with the USA flag and the Presidential flag), so one of course is going to be the Latverian one, for the other I need something different. I’d like to put something not too plain, but everything would do. The only one that comes to my mind (because is recent) is the red banner with the golden lion head that appears in Doctor Doom.

Or, as an alternative, do you have any suggestions for a banner? I know the lion is the most common heraldic figure used for Doom, but I personally really like the idea and meaning of the griffin too.
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 07-12-2020 at 11:49 AM.