Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think it's just an assumption made by the colorists. They just tend to make all eyes blue, which is a bit silly.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Thanks for posting that, IM.

I actually saw that print in a small advertisement sheet on display at the Alex Ross booth the last time I went to SD Comic Con (2 years ago). I looked all over the booth to see if the actual print was on the walls and then found one of the attendants to ask if it was available. I was disappointed to find it was not, and couldn't understand why they had it in the ad sheet if they weren't selling it. Glad to see it's back up for sale and I put in my order.

Ross' work was ground breaking decades ago, when fine art works of comic book characters were rare except for in fan art. He really helped to bring that to the forefront and found a market for it. Today his work looks a little spare and dated, but I still admire it.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Thanks for posting that, IM.

I actually saw that print in a small advertisement sheet on display at the Alex Ross booth the last time I went to SD Comic Con (2 years ago). I looked all over the booth to see if the actual print was on the walls and then found one of the attendants to ask if it was available. I was disappointed to find it was not, and couldn't understand why they had it in the ad sheet if they weren't selling it. Glad to see it's back up for sale and I put in my order.

Ross' work was ground breaking decades ago, when fine art works of comic book characters were rare except for in fan art. He really helped to bring that to the forefront and found a market for it. Today his work looks a little spare and dated, but I still admire it.
    I understand what you mean. He does tend to go for the classic look, as in this case with Doom. The mask is very much in the vein of Kirby's concept and you can contrast it with Larocca's art, which uses the updated version.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I commissioned a Victor Von Doom art which I won't be posting here since it is slightly NSFW. It's nothing too risque but I thought I would share this link. My thinking for this piece was that I wanted Victor's masculinity to be highlighted, so often he is in armor and I wanted a piece that shows he is powerful man even without his armor. The artist is one whom I have commissioned in the past for some Namor portraits.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Amazing piece! Thanks for sharing.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

iMan 42s

So I found out today that my Marvel Legends Doctor Doom would get delayed again...., by a month. Yeah I don't mind a few days but an entire month for a 20 dollar figure Amazon isn't even convinced will ship kind of bums me out. So order is cancelled and I see my local shops have of course stocked up on Eel again (what the Hell is it with this figure?).The irony of this is that the shop owner heard me complain about this and ordered a Doom figure..., the Doom Guy from that game series. I'm half-convinced this has become a running gag but my quest continues.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Amazing piece! Thanks for sharing.
    thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I commissioned a Victor Von Doom art which I won't be posting here since it is slightly NSFW. It's nothing too risque but I thought I would share this link. My thinking for this piece was that I wanted Victor's masculinity to be highlighted, so often he is in armor and I wanted a piece that shows he is powerful man even without his armor. The artist is one whom I have commissioned in the past for some Namor portraits.
    That is ....hot

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So I found out today that my Marvel Legends Doctor Doom would get delayed again...., by a month. Yeah I don't mind a few days but an entire month for a 20 dollar figure Amazon isn't even convinced will ship kind of bums me out. So order is cancelled and I see my local shops have of course stocked up on Eel again (what the Hell is it with this figure?).The irony of this is that the shop owner heard me complain about this and ordered a Doom figure..., the Doom Guy from that game series. I'm half-convinced this has become a running gag but my quest continues.
    That is so weird. I am starting to see the Fantastic Four wave show up more now. Just today I saw all of them except Susan at a Target store I went to. I did see her at another Gamestop. So far she seems to be the one that stores don't have. I have seen a lot more Doom figures these past few weeks. I think the problem is that most stores, some of which have limited space, tend to just order one of each figure. On a side note, I really wish they would come out with a classic She Hulk and in her FF uniform. Although I would like the purple one too, a shout out to cousin Bruce. I really don't like the dumbed down, "savage" She Hulk that we see these days.

Tweet from earlier today.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That is ....hot

That is so weird. I am starting to see the Fantastic Four wave show up more now. Just today I saw all of them except Susan at a Target store I went to. I did see her at another Gamestop. So far she seems to be the one that stores don't have. I have seen a lot more Doom figures these past few weeks. I think the problem is that most stores, some of which have limited space, tend to just order one of each figure. On a side note, I really wish they would come out with a classic She Hulk and in her FF uniform. Although I would like the purple one too, a shout out to cousin Bruce. I really don't like the dumbed down, "savage" She Hulk that we see these days.
    Thanks

I also don't care for this new dumber she hulk so I am hoping this changes soon, I want the old Jen back.

Tweet from earlier today.....

lol, the man has my trust. Hoping for a Kristoff appearance soon though!

You and me both! It's a shame that we have to go through these long droughts of appearances by Kristoff. I keep hoping Cantwell comes up with a spot for him in the series.

Extraordinary Member

You and me both! It's a shame that we have to go through these long droughts of appearances by Kristoff. I keep hoping Cantwell comes up with a spot for him in the series.
    Like I said before...The current Dr Doom series would have been an interesting place to see him. When Victor surrenders he should have told Victorious to call Kristoff...and we see he rules Latveria in a more benevolent manner....but is still strong enough to protect Latveria.

It's funny now that Franklin has been aged up what exactly would Kristoff's age be now? We've not seen him since before the Final Incursion and the creation of Battleworld. I'd like to see him aged up a bit so he is a young adult. Older than RiRi Williams or Kamala Khan maybe closer to Kitty Pryde. I'm not exactly sure how how she is supposed to be these days but since she and Colossus almost got married I'm guess at least 18 to 20. Hey, ,maybe Kristoff could date her.

It's funny now that Franklin has been aged up what exactly would Kristoff's age be now? We've not seen him since before the Final Incursion and the creation of Battleworld. I'd like to see him aged up a bit so he is a young adult. Older than RiRi Williams or Kamala Khan maybe closer to Kitty Pryde. I'm not exactly sure how how she is supposed to be these days but since she and Colossus almost got married I'm guess at least 18 to 20. Hey, ,maybe Kristoff could date her.
    lol, I am still hoping for Kristoff to meet up with Cassie Lang, their interactions as kids was just so cute and he definitely learned how to be polite from Victor XD

I don't know where Cassie is these days but I think she's been aged up to around Kristoff current age too, maybe 18-20ish?

edit: also they were together in Fantastic Five!

Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 03-03-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    lol, I am still hoping for Kristoff to meet up with Cassie Lang, their interactions as kids was just so cute and he definitely learned how to be polite from Victor XD

I don't know where Cassie is these days but I think she's been aged up to around Kristoff current age too, maybe 18-20ish?

edit: also they were together in Fantastic Five!
    I wish that that Cassie and Kristoff meet up too. It will be an interesting one since Cassie was killed in a fight with Doom in The Children's Crusade. I often wonder about these resurrected heroes....do they remember being dead? Were they in Limbo or something. Funny how any conversation about here never came up between Victor and Kristoff...it would be soooo awkward

I was able to find some back issues of A-Next where Cassie and Kristoff were reunited too. I have few issues of Fantastic Five but I don't think I have that one.

From A-Next

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-03-2020 at 07:07 PM.