Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

In case you folks didn't see it in the FF thread, Mondo is doing a FF collection including pins -- and one for Doctor Doom!

https://mondoshop.com/collections/ap...oom-enamel-pin

There's also a slipmat, which has the FF logo on one side and Doom on the the other side.

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/fan...our-collection
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I got mine today! Thank you, for the heads up spike!

And yes, it wasn't on the shelf. It was behind the counter at Electronics. It was $15, so it was more than most Funkos, but far less than I thought a con exclusive would be. I think they had maybe ten when I went after work today.
    No problem! I've grabbed enough exclusives there to know they hide em to limit someone buying em all. Its a pain when you get someone that doesn't know they do that, but if you ask enough people you get results!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I did see some Funkos at the section where they see Iphones and Ipads, etc but it was Forrest Gump and some others I don't recall. But will be on the hunt this afternoon and will remember to check at the desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    In case you folks didn't see it in the FF thread, Mondo is doing a FF collection including pins -- and one for Doctor Doom!

https://mondoshop.com/collections/ap...oom-enamel-pin

There's also a slipmat, which has the FF logo on one side and Doom on the the other side.

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/fan...our-collection

Thanks Reviresco! I am not familiar with this company. Do they sell stuff at Gamestop or places like that? Would love to have a set of pins

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Darkhold Alpha Mini-series announced and we have another Doom appearance to enjoy...I hope!

Do you look forward to Doom crossing paths with Scarlet Witch again?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I did see some Funkos at the section where they see Iphones and Ipads, etc but it was Forrest Gump and some others I don't recall. But will be on the hunt this afternoon and will remember to check at the desk.

Thanks Reviresco! I am not familiar with this company. Do they sell stuff at Gamestop or places like that? Would love to have a set of pins
    Nope. It's all mail order, or maybe at cons. It's all limited edition stuff, hence the pricier posters and prints.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I did get my Alex Ross Dr Doom poster already (unsigned). Will get it framed up and then try to see if I have room to hang it ...
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    I did get my Alex Ross Dr Doom poster already (unsigned). Will get it framed up and then try to see if I have room to hang it ...
    I can't wait to see it when you are done. That was fast.

My hunt for the ECCC variant today was a success. I almost gave up because there were none on the shelves in their Funko section at the Target I went to this afternoon. Luckily, a young man was stocking the shelves nearby. I asked about the Doctor Doom variant and he said they had them in the storeroom. They have gotten wise about the ebay sellers that will buy the whole shipment and put them on eBay. So he went back and got one for me. Nice guy!

From the side, I like how there is a split there and it looks more like a tunic. I liked to see artists do this more regularly. So this is not an exact copy of the classic Doom in this Fantastic Four Wave

So here is my current Doom Squadron. I remembered I had a 2 pack of Future Foundation Doom from a while back so I added him after taking him out of the packaging.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-14-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Do you look forward to Doom crossing paths with Scarlet Witch again?
    Yes and no. If it were to play out the way I would like it to, then yes. But I think the chances look pretty slim for that.

I go back to that one crucial scene in Children's Crusade when the Doom lost the power of the life force and then made a "confession" about being responsible for M-Day, etc. First of all, that makes absolutely no sense. Doom was trapped in Hell at the end of the Authoritative Action arc in Mark Waid's Fantastic Four. This was before the Disassembled occurs in Bendis's Avengers. Doom does appear later in House of M but this is when Wanda had created an alternate reality. If Doom was the one who was controlling her, why is he subservient to her family? He is not in control here and this Doom is somehow displaced from the dimension we call Hell. Or he is a duplicated version. Doom does not escape from Hell until Thor's hammer begins to smash through different dimensions and Doom sort of catches a ride on the wake of its passing. This it near the beginning of Civil War.

Doom's confession only makes senses if it is a deliberate lie and he's doing it to cover for Wanda. Even Wolverine saw through it although not everyone present agreed with it. Magneto and Pietro go along with his confession but Wanda does not. She still is taking the weight of the blame on herself. The flashback that Heinberg gave us in Children's Crusade to show Wanda and Doom summoning he Life Force is very brief. He gives us few "markers" as to when it took place but it had to happen before Doom was dragged down to Hell by the Haazerth Demons, minions of Mephisto. They both say that the power that they summoned up was beyond them to completely control. The thing that sort of annoys me about placing the blame on Doom is that Bendis's story gave us no hint of that. He has said in interviews that this was Wanda's story about how too her powers drove her into an unstable mental state when Jan casually brings up her children. This is another thing that Bendis gets wrong but I'm sure you know all about that. Heinberg makes a valiant effort to correct it in his story and throws Doom into the mix. I have doubts that he intended to shift the blame entirely over to him.

I have no idea what Steve Orlando plans with this series but it appears to me that he wants to make Doom the big bad. I would prefer if when he and Wanda do meet that she realizes in his own way he did care for her and did try to deflect blame so that she could be accepted by her fellow Avengers as before.

OMG Congratulations for your success, I wish your new little one play nice with his companions.

Yes and no. If it were to play out the way I would like it to, then yes. But I think the chances look pretty slim for that.
    Well I have more or less the same problem. Yes, is nice seeing Doom taking a role, buuut, I'm almost sure he was going to be played as a plain villain trying to take a power when everybody says him is too much and that will bit him sooner or later, also his last quasi marriage with the Scarlet Which is not to be touched, still Wanda was going to be complaining about being manipulated or something like that and that's practically makes me yawn

I go back to that one crucial scene in Children's Crusade when the Doom lost the power of the life force and then made a "confession" about being responsible for M-Day, etc. First of all, that makes absolutely no sense. Doom was trapped in Hell at the end of the Authoritative Action arc in Mark Waid's Fantastic Four. This was before the Disassembled occurs in Bendis's Avengers. Doom does appear later in House of M but this is when Wanda had created an alternate reality. If Doom was the one who was controlling her, why is he subservient to her family? He is not in control here and this Doom is somehow displaced from the dimension we call Hell. Or he is a duplicated version. Doom does not escape from Hell until Thor's hammer begins to smash through different dimensions and Doom sort of catches a ride on the wake of its passing. This it near the beginning of Civil War.

Doom's confession only makes senses if it is a deliberate lie and he's doing it to cover for Wanda. Even Wolverine saw through it although not everyone present agreed with it.
    Well, YES, damn that's one of my problems with that excuse, doesn't make sense, yes they wanted to point fingers to anyone else so Wanda could come back as an hero, skipping HER redemption path, something that I utterly despised because looks like a lazy solution by the writers who put the character in one situation and then were unable to get her out for her own effort and required to just shift the blame to the closest available villain. Actually Children Crusade was a comic I had big expectations before his release and utterly disappointed me for that cheap twist. And my opinion of Wanda hasn't improved since then. Damn is not Wolverine a living lying detector? If he implies that all is a lie you can take his opinion into consideration.

Magneto and Pietro go along with his confession but Wanda does not. She still is taking the weight of the blame on herself.
    Well I disagree here, I think that Wanda found an easy way out her trouble at least at the eyes of the Avengers who forgotten all the event of Avengers Disassembled too easy; and she took it. Yes she accepted doing the deed, but never stands up and says something like "hey thanks for lying to cover me but I got this" she still let Doom take the blame about her supposed manipulation and yes I fully believe that Doom was lying to protect her and let her came back as a hero because deep inside he still wanted her to be happy again.

Was utterly disappointing because after just taking part in the mess: Pietro danced a long trauma conga, who costed him his powers, sanity, family, friends, and the trust of every mutant. While Magneto also suffered a lot and also got strained with his family, lost his powers and was reduced to a ghost living in the dead land of the city who once was his dream. Both had to work hard to get back their powers, the trust of their pals, face the guilt and the fury of those who got wronged and restart their lives. But Wanda who actually did it all the mess, just went to a happy vacation and seemily lived a happy life until her memory got back then instead of facing the consequences, is granted the easy way of blaming Doom and play the victim.

And that's was very frustrating, feels like a double standard, and at my eyes Wanda was acting cowardly (and the writers lazy) and playing the victim.

The flashback that Heinberg gave us in Children's Crusade to show Wanda and Doom summoning he Life Force is very brief. He gives us few "markers" as to when it took place but it had to happen before Doom was dragged down to Hell by the Haazerth Demons, minions of Mephisto. They both say that the power that they summoned up was beyond them to completely control. The thing that sort of annoys me about placing the blame on Doom is that Bendis's story gave us no hint of that. He has said in interviews that this was Wanda's story about how too her powers drove her into an unstable mental state when Jan casually brings up her children. This is another thing that Bendis gets wrong but I'm sure you know all about that. Heinberg makes a valiant effort to correct it in his story and throws Doom into the mix. I have doubts that he intended to shift the blame entirely over to him.
    Not only was never hinted before, but has very little sense, what could gain Doom with the dead of a few avengers (Is not as union jack and Scott Lang were that important, sorry Lang) and the extinction of the mutants? if he wanted to destroy someone, shouldn't he start for the Fantastic four, Mephisto or something who were his recurrent enemy?

I have no idea what Steve Orlando plans with this series but it appears to me that he wants to make Doom the big bad. I would prefer if when he and Wanda do meet that she realizes in his own way he did care for her and did try to deflect blame so that she could be accepted by her fellow Avengers as before.[/QUOTE]

Yes I also think that he will be the bad guy while Wanda plays the self righteous hero maybe even lead the team against Doom, I hope I get wrong.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Astonishing Member

Wanda got murdered by Rogue in Uncanny Avengers when she thought Wanda was working for the Apocalypse twins. Stabbed right through with bone claws. Cyclops and the X-men got into a brawl to take her from the Avengers, as well, with barely any restraint. What would have happened if Wanda had surrendered to the X-men in Children's Crusade? Would they have murdered her? That's where it looked like it was heading.

https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress...LRCB_00018.jpg

https://roguewatson.files.wordpress....-crusade-7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    OMG Congratulations for your success, I wish your new little one play nice with his companions.
    Thanks! I must say I am happy with the turnaround on Doom merchandise. You probably couldn't help noticing that for a background I used the Doom 2099 TPB. I think is perhaps a remote possibility but I keep hoping that one day they will come out with a Doom 2099 figure of some kind. With my luck it will be a super expensive Sideshow Collectible piece!

Well I have more or less the same problem. Yes, is nice seeing Doom taking a role, buuut, I'm almost sure he was going to be played as a plain villain trying to take a power when everybody says him is too much and that will bit him sooner or later, also his last quasi marriage with the Scarlet Which is not to be touched, still Wanda was going to be complaining about being manipulated or something like that and that's practically makes me yawn .

Well, YES, damn that's one of my problems with that excuse, doesn't make sense, yes they wanted to point fingers to anyone else so Wanda could come back as an hero, skipping HER redemption path, something that I utterly despised because looks like a lazy solution by the writers who put the character in one situation and then were unable to get her out for her own effort and required to just shift the blame to the closest available villain. Actually Children Crusade was a comic I had big expectations before his release and utterly disappointed me for that cheap twist. And my opinion of Wanda hasn't improved since then. Damn is not Wolverine a living lying detector? If he implies that all is a lie you can take his opinion into consideration.

Well I disagree here, I think that Wanda found an easy way out her trouble at least at the eyes of the Avengers who forgotten all the event of Avengers Disassembled too easy; and she took it. Yes she accepted doing the deed, but never stands up and says something like "hey thanks for lying to cover me but I got this" she still let Doom take the blame about her supposed manipulation and yes I fully believe that Doom was lying to protect her and let her came back as a hero because deep inside he still wanted her to be happy again.
    Yes, I also think there was some part of him that wanted her to have her life back again and maybe part of that is because he knows the same thing happen to his mother. She was given a power that she really couldn't control...Mephisto made sure of that since he was after her soul.

But as to the part where I was saying Wanda took the blame on herself, I was referring to that scene in Children's Crusade where most of the heroes are OK with putting all the blame on Doom

Was utterly disappointing because after just taking part in the mess: Pietro danced a long trauma conga, who costed him his powers, sanity, family, friends, and the trust of every mutant. While Magneto also suffered a lot and also got strained with his family, lost his powers and was reduced to a ghost living in the dead land of the city who once was his dream. Both had to work hard to get back their powers, the trust of their pals, face the guilt and the fury of those who got wronged and restart their lives. But Wanda who actually did it all the mess, just went to a happy vacation and seemily lived a happy life until her memory got back then instead of facing the consequences, is granted the easy way of blaming Doom and play the victim.

And that's was very frustrating, feels like a double standard, and at my eyes Wanda was acting cowardly (and the writers lazy) and playing the victim.

Not only was never hinted before, but has very little sense, what could gain Doom with the dead of a few avengers (Is not as union jack and Scott Lang were that important, sorry Lang) and the extinction of the mutants? if he wanted to destroy someone, shouldn't he start for the Fantastic four, Mephisto or something who were his recurrent enemy?
    When I look at the work as a whole, I still find that Heinberg's Children's Crusade made the best of a bad situation. Because of Bendis, the Scarlet Witch, who is a character I've liked since childhood and only behind Susan Storm Richards as my favorite woman hero, was put in limbo for almost 10 years. No one uses the character in that time, whether by editorial decree or no one wanted to touch the story of bringing Wanda back. When Bendis briefly showed her in that New Avengers story, she had amnesia and then slept with Hawkeye. There were a lot of bells going off on that story...many people were angry because if it was Wanda, then Hawkeye comes off as a creep for taking advantage of the situation. So Bendis even messed that up.

Unfortunately a lot of interviews that Heinberg gave at the time no longer appear on the Marvel site. I should have copied and pasted some of them into a PDF. But he does describe Doom's role in this as one of a man conflicted about his feelings for Wanda. But that's about all I remember. There was an interview on the Marvel site that I bookmarked because it was specifically about Doom but the link doesn't work anymore. I think I copied it into a post on one of the older closed Doom appreciation thread. I will have to take a look for it one day. But I still stand by my opinion that Heinberg did the best job that he could with a mess that he didn't create. He was the only writer that attempted to fix it all. Is it the perfect resolution, no. But we will never get another. Now what some writers did with it afterward was not so good.

Yes I also think that he will be the bad guy while Wanda plays the self righteous hero maybe even lead the team against Doom, I hope I get wrong.
    Agreed. But I hope he gives us a better characterization of Wanda than that.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-14-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Wanda got murdered by Rogue in Uncanny Avengers when she thought Wanda was working for the Apocalypse twins. Stabbed right through with bone claws. Cyclops and the X-men got into a brawl to take her from the Avengers, as well, with barely any restraint. What would have happened if Wanda had surrendered to the X-men in Children's Crusade? Would they have murdered her? That's where it looked like it was heading.

Wanda got murdered by Rogue in Uncanny Avengers because after promising that she would never abuse her powers and she would let the mutants alone, she did AGAIN and had the funny idea of kidnaping ALL the mutants in the world and put them in ship to the space along with the Apocalypse twins, Wolverine begs Rogue stop her before she can get along with the plan and then Rogue stabs her expecting to stop her but is already too late (yes she had the secret inted of USING THE MUTANTS AS AN ARMY, but that plan was IMO even worse and still was her imposing her will over the other mutants wishes just because she is powerful enough to do it). Rogue gets much gorer murdered a little latter and is portrayed as Karma. This temporale line gets erased and Rogue has to travel back spare Wanda and apologize for not being more friendly with her.

Wasn't just a cold blood murder, and while Rogue was angry at Wanda (and is frequently portrayed as irrational and childish for having a grudge against the person who almost wiped her specie while) she didn't do it for fun but attempting to save her race for being abducted. If something one thing that annoyed me of Wanda (the writers) and the run in general is how annoyed (instead or guilty of repented) her act when someone acts hurt about her previous actions and how judgmental she acts about others. This run summed at the disappointing Children crusade really separate me of the character even when I used to be a big fan of the twins since their origins as Magneto minions.

The second image wasn't the mutants eager for blood, but wanting to take Wanda to be judged, while the Avengers and her family wanted her just free. Can't blame them for being angry and neither think that were intended to kill her, after all they have had to contain criminals before and never had been them harmed, even less killed, not even the evilest ones. When the X-men want someone dead they sent X-force, the main equip had an avoid kill politic.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

Yes, To his credit I think if it weren't for Magneto being there in that scene at Avengers Mansion, there were some X-Men ready to do some violence then and there. I can't understand why Bendis was allowed to do such horrible thing with her character. Well, that's not true.....we do know that Joe Q had decided that there were too many mutant characters and he felt that their numbers needed to be reduced for clarity sake I guess. Or to make them even more of a minority.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-14-2020 at 10:32 AM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I can't wait to see it when you are done. That was fast.

My hunt for the ECCC variant today was a success. I almost gave up because there were none on the shelves in their Funko section at the Target I went to this afternoon. Luckily, a young man was stocking the shelves nearby. I asked about the Doctor Doom variant and he said they had them in the storeroom. They have gotten wise about the ebay sellers that will buy the whole shipment and put them on eBay. So he went back and got one for me. Nice guy!

From the side, I like how there is a split there and it looks more like a tunic. I liked to see artists do this more regularly. So this is not an exact copy of the classic Doom in this Fantastic Four Wave

So here is my current Doom Squadron. I remembered I had a 2 pack of Future Foundation Doom from a while back so I added him after taking him out of the packaging.

Excellent - lucky you! I went to Target yesterday but had no luck, the one Target employee I found said all of their stock were on the shelf. Nothing on their website either, but I still have my ebay order that should ship around the end of the month. I have to say this was my first time out shopping since returning from Florida, and for a midday on a Friday there was a certain amount of palpable anxiety in the store. Lots of empty shelves (no paper products) and long lines, all the cashiers wearing latex gloves, kids with their parents (no school?). I am usually sequestered in a self-imposed exile in the dungeon and loathe venturing into retail hells like Target and Walmart. However I may need to make a Costco run soon. Fortunately TP is not an issue here, as I'd stocked up before leaving in early March.

BTW, happy Pi day all!

Anyway, I'm intrigued by your picture showing the two Funko Dooms side by side. The newest white Doom is a completely different sculpt: face, body, tunic and cape are all different. This is a pleasant surprise. I dislike seeing no effort going into the figures when they end up being "repaints". Speaking of which, there is a very rare white Dr Doom in the Marvel Legends series, but I heard it was only sold in Europe. It was a pricy purchase on ebay and I only got the one so he's not been unpackaged.
    Marvel Legends Dr Doom 2012 white2.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Excellent - lucky you! I went to Target yesterday but had no luck, the one Target employee I found said all of their stock were on the shelf. Nothing on their website either, but I still have my ebay order that should ship around the end of the month. I have to say this was my first time out shopping since returning from Florida, and for a midday on a Friday there was a certain amount of palpable anxiety in the store. Lots of empty shelves (no paper products) and long lines, all the cashiers wearing latex gloves, kids with their parents (no school?). I am usually sequestered in a self-imposed exile in the dungeon and loathe venturing into retail hells like Target and Walmart. However I may need to make a Costco run soon. Fortunately TP is not an issue here, as I'd stocked up before leaving in early March.

BTW, happy Pi day all!

Anyway, I'm intrigued by your picture showing the two Funko Dooms side by side. The newest white Doom is a completely different sculpt: face, body, tunic and cape are all different. This is a pleasant surprise. I dislike seeing no effort going into the figures when they end up being "repaints". Speaking of which, there is a very rare white Dr Doom in the Marvel Legends series, but I heard it was only sold in Europe. It was a pricy purchase on ebay and I only got the one so he's not been unpackaged.
    Marvel Legends Dr Doom 2012 white2.jpg
    What a coincidence! When digging out the Future Foundation Doom for the photo, which was a two pack with an FF comic by Hickman and Black Suit Spider-Man, I found that I have the classic Doom in this series. I have never seen the Future Foundation one so you must be right about the rare white version being sold in Europe. IIRC there was metallic Funko Doom a few years back that was sold in Japan only. I did see it at 2nd and Charles and I only bought the classic version that day. Of course when I went back for the metallic Doom, it was gone.

And you are right about the chaotic state of things. Luckily the Target I went to yesterday didn't have as many panic shoppers since their grocery and household section is small anyway. Some stores here are finally getting smart and limiting the number of certain items you can buy.