Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I did find someone's copy of an interview with Heinberg as the Children's Crusade was coming out on this blog He talks about what is in store for future issues. And as you can see, the blogger adds the Marvel link at the top but it goes to just a generic page. I hate when a site doesn't do proper archiving of it's articles. I might try the wayback machine or something.

copying part of it here...

Marvel.com: What is Wanda’s immediate goal?

Allan Heinberg: Wanda's only goal is to restore the mutants whose lives she destroyed at the end of House of M. And she'll do whatever she has to, to make that happen.

Marvel.com: How unified are the Avengers right now?

Allan Heinberg: The Avengers are by no means unified on the subject of Wanda Maximoff. They all want to find her and contain her, but then the question becomes, "What do we do with her once we've found her?" Wolverine and Captain America have already bumped heads on the subject. And I think most of the team is similarly divided. Everyone agrees that The Scarlet Witch is a threat, but how do you go about neutralizing that threat? Everyone wants to hold Wanda accountable for what she's done, but how? What is the punishment for those crimes?

Marvel.com: Will X-Factor prove to be—pardon the pun—a factor or are they observers here?

Allan Heinberg: The members of X-Factor are as divided as the Avengers and X-Men. Madrox has already stated his point of view on the subject: he'd just as soon leave Wanda to her fate, whatever that is. But Wanda has just restored Rictor, so Rictor is going to be invested in helping Wanda do the same for all the other de-powered mutants. Either way, the X-Factor team now finds itself in the middle of a volatile conflict between the X-Men and the Avengers. And this X-Factor team has always been very independent. Madrox and the others are not going to start taking orders from Cyclops.

Marvel.com: How will Doctor Doom find his way back into this story?

Allan Heinberg: Doom's love for Wanda will soon put him at the center of the story, right between the warring Avengers and the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks! I must say I am happy with the turnaround on Doom merchandise. You probably couldn't help noticing that for a background I used the Doom 2099 TPB. I think is perhaps a remote possibility but I keep hoping that one day they will come out with a Doom 2099 figure of some kind. With my luck it will be a super expensive Sideshow Collectible piece!
    YES is nice seeing so much merchandise available, they grant that nobody is forgetting Doom and putting him in a bus like the comic industry tends to do, I don't think that the possibility of a Doom 2099 figure it's too far, after all when a character is popular enough the variant versions tend to get make. We just can hope if don't become TOO expensive.

Yes, I also think there was some part of him that wanted her to have her life back again and maybe part of that is because he knows the same thing happen to his mother. She was given a power that she really couldn't control...Mephisto made sure of that since he was after her soul.
    That's a point that I forgot to mention, I think that some of the interest Doom put into Wanda were about how much she make him remember his mother, they share a lot in common, Gypsies, witches, brunettes, with a lot of power who can't handle, a lot of repressed ire, wanted to use their powers to better but just makes all worse, dangerous for those who love them, and manipulated for superior Forces (Chthon in Wanda's case and Mephisto for his own mother), I can easily seeing him interested on protect her, but also that give his romantic relationship some sort of oedipus complex :S that I also think is an issue on Doom.

But as to the part where I was saying Wanda took the blame on herself, I was referring to that scene in Children's Crusade where most of the heroes are OK with putting all the blame on Doom
    Yes I remember this panel but my point is that even when she looks initially willing to take the blame, once her family and friends start protecting her and shifting blame into Doom she is just like, "Mmm, yes let's go along with it", of course I'm conscious that it is a sort of personal view but I genuinely think that Doom lied at this point to protect her and she got along to save herself. And still in Uncanny Avengers and now days when the problem is touched isDoom who gets pointed even by herself.

Because of Bendis, the Scarlet Witch, who is a character I've liked since childhood and only behind Susan Storm Richards as my favorite woman hero, was put in limbo for almost 10 years. No one uses the character in that time, whether by editorial decree or no one wanted to touch the story of bringing Wanda back. When Bendis briefly showed her in that New Avengers story, she had amnesia and then slept with Hawkeye. There were a lot of bells going off on that story...many people were angry because if it was Wanda, then Hawkeye comes off as a creep for taking advantage of the situation. So Bendis even messed that up.
    Hell yes, Bendis really did a mess with poor Wanda (and the catalyst was beyond stupid) and was pretty hard to get her back after wiping a entire race (and one of the most important frnquices in the Marvel universe) there wasn't an easy exit out of this and Bendis never planed, neither had idea of how fix the character once the dust settled and she was put on a bus for too long. So yes, I blame all in the bald men.

I want to add that long time ago, I also used to be a big fan of Wanda, both twins to be exact because if there is something that I like is redemption arcs (when are well developed) and if there is something I like almost as much as redemption arcs, is familiar arcs; and close third is seeing people struggle with themselves to become better persons, the twins used to be that way but nowadays I only see that in Pietro.

I think he had a long painful and fulfilling road after HoM, that included attempted suicide, getting mad, falling hard and painfully as person, mutant and father and the got back in track by himself, the issue where he already was back as being a loved hero after some lies (he was even publically forgiven and condecorated for the Inhumans) but instead of living that way, accepted publicly his mistakes and goes home fully expecting being arrested or murdered, was beautiful. But seeing that the only one who presents is his stranded daughter (who had already disowned him because his lies) to claim how proud she was of him for owning his mistakes almost make me cry (by the way I also love Luna). So in some way I was expecting something similar for Wanda. But maybe it would have taken too much tie and they were interested on using the character as soon as possible.

But I still stand by my opinion that Heinberg did the best job that he could with a mess that he didn't create. He was the only writer that attempted to fix it all. Is it the perfect resolution, no. But we will never get another. Now what some writers did with it afterward was not so good.
    You have a point here. Maybe as a come back for Wanda wasn't that bad.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    YES is nice seeing so much merchandise available, they grant that nobody is forgetting Doom and putting him in a bus like the comic industry tends to do, I don't think that the possibility of a Doom 2099 figure it's too far, after all when a character is popular enough the variant versions tend to get make. We just can hope if don't become TOO expensive.

That's a point that I forgot to mention, I think that some of the interest Doom put into Wanda were about how much she make him remember his mother, they share a lot in common, Gypsies, witches, brunettes, with a lot of power who can't handle, a lot of repressed ire, wanted to use their powers to better but just makes all worse, dangerous for those who love them, and manipulated for superior Forces (Chthon in Wanda's case and Mephisto for his own mother), I can easily seeing him interested on protect her, but also that give his romantic relationship some sort of oedipus complex :S that I also think is an issue on Doom.

Yes I remember this panel but my point is that even when she looks initially willing to take the blame, once her family and friends start protecting her and shifting blame into Doom she is just like, "Mmm, yes let's go along with it", of course I'm conscious that it is a sort of personal view but I genuinely think that Doom lied at this point to protect her and she got along to save herself. And still in Uncanny Avengers and now days when the problem is touched isDoom who gets pointed even by herself.

Hell yes, Bendis really did a mess with poor Wanda (and the catalyst was beyond stupid) and was pretty hard to get her back after wiping a entire race (and one of the most important frnquices in the Marvel universe) there wasn't an easy exit out of this and Bendis never planed, neither had idea of how fix the character once the dust settled and she was put on a bus for too long. So yes, I blame all in the bald men.

I want to add that long time ago, I also used to be a big fan of Wanda, both twins to be exact because if there is something that I like is redemption arcs (when are well developed) and if there is something I like almost as much as redemption arcs, is familiar arcs; and close third is seeing people struggle with themselves to become better persons, the twins used to be that way but nowadays I only see that in Pietro.

I think he had a long painful and fulfilling road after HoM, that included attempted suicide, getting mad, falling hard and painfully as person, mutant and father and the got back in track by himself, the issue where he already was back as being a loved hero after some lies (he was even publically forgiven and condecorated for the Inhumans) but instead of living that way, accepted publicly his mistakes and goes home fully expecting being arrested or murdered, was beautiful. But seeing that the only one who presents is his stranded daughter (who had already disowned him because his lies) to claim how proud she was of him for owning his mistakes almost make me cry (by the way I also love Luna). So in some way I was expecting something similar for Wanda. But maybe it would have taken too much tie and they were interested on using the character as soon as possible.

You have a point here. Maybe as a come back for Wanda wasn't that bad.
    yes, I think it was the best that could be done considering what a mess Bendis (and Joe Quesada too!) made of things. I remember getting Uncanny Avengers with Wanda and Rogue and I hated the writing on that book. BTW, was that story about Pietro in his House of M mini series? I think I read that but it seems like a long time ago!

At least the art by Cheung and Morales in Chldren's Crusade was wonderful. I got to meet them both at C2E2 around 2013 and bought a page from the Children's Crusade from inker Marc Morales that he and Jim Cheung autographed. It comes from issue 7 and shows Doom, Wanda and Wiccan getting prepared to summon up the Life Force again to fix things. You can see their signatures in the second picture at the bottom. Jim Cheung's is very small on the left. It almost looks like a symbol. I had a picture of both of Cheung and Morales and it used to be on my Photobucket account but that site is a mess now. It used to be free but now they want you to pay a monthly fee. I have to pay a fee for one month access if I want to download some of my pictures. I may still have them on a SD

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-14-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Wanda got murdered by Rogue in Uncanny Avengers because after promising that she would never abuse her powers and she would let the mutants alone, she did AGAIN and had the funny idea of kidnaping ALL the mutants in the world and put them in ship to the space along with the Apocalypse twins, Wolverine begs Rogue stop her before she can get along with the plan and then Rogue stabs her expecting to stop her but is already too late (yes she had the secret inted of USING THE MUTANTS AS AN ARMY, but that plan was IMO even worse and still was her imposing her will over the other mutants wishes just because she is powerful enough to do it). Rogue gets much gorer murdered a little latter and is portrayed as Karma. This temporale line gets erased and Rogue has to travel back spare Wanda and apologize for not being more friendly with her.
    So Wanda's unable to call for an army to stop the Twins? She's not allowed to do any undercover work, post-M-Day? You think the X-men wouldn't be ok fighting the Twins when they are about to destroy the world?

Wasn't just a cold blood murder, and while Rogue was angry at Wanda (and is frequently portrayed as irrational and childish for having a grudge against the person who almost wiped her specie while) she didn't do it for fun but attempting to save her race for being abducted. If something one thing that annoyed me of Wanda (the writers) and the run in general is how annoyed (instead or guilty of repented) her act when someone acts hurt about her previous actions and how judgmental she acts about others. This run summed at the disappointing Children crusade really separate me of the character even when I used to be a big fan of the twins since their origins as Magneto minions.
    Rogue was portrayed as going overboard, that's why Logan looks on in horror from far away he wants to stop her form killing Wanda but can't. Wanda's been written as feeling guilty and repented at various times post-M-Day. Judgmental how?

The second image wasn't the mutants eager for blood, but wanting to take Wanda to be judged, while the Avengers and her family wanted her just free. Can't blame them for being angry and neither think that were intended to kill her, after all they have had to contain criminals before and never had been them harmed, even less killed, not even the evilest ones. When the X-men want someone dead they sent X-force, the main equip had an avoid kill politic.
    They weren't "angry" - they immediately went for the throat of the Avengers when the Avengers and Magneto told them to back off. Attacking using mind control, violence right off the bat. I don't blame them for being angry, I blame them for forming a lynch mob. The X-men have killed before, and they weren't in the mood for restraint.

yes, I think it was the best that could be done considering what a mess Bendis (and Joe Quesada too!) made of things. I remember getting Uncanny Avengers with Wanda and Rogue and I hated the writing on that book. BTW, was that story about Pietro in his House of M mini series? I think I read that but it seems like a long time ago!
    Yes I remember, that was a big disappointment and sometimes I asked myself why I got along with it for so long. I never understood why Havock was pointed as leader other that to piss Scott (and there were a big double standard compared with the phenix five), the discourses of integration were supposed to be inspirational but sounded as the writer trying to defend himself using the characters as puppets, If I was a bit disappointed with Wanda after ChC, in Uncanny sometimes wanted to slap her, Rogue wasn't that much being just angry without being clear about why and making some stuff just to piss people, the relationship between Wasp and Havok was other WTF and the list goes on.

About Pietro he fall hard in Son of M were he acts totally crazy almost gets humanity and inhumanity in war and mutated his own daughter, I pity him but never think I would love him again after what he did to Luna, his road was long and passed by X-factor, a solo series, mighty avengers and finally X-factor again. If I get some time I'm going to add the pics.

At least the art by Cheung and Morales in Children's Crusade was wonderful. I got to meet them both at C2E2 around 2013 and bought a page from the Children's Crusade from inker Marc Morales that he and Jim Cheung autographed. It comes from issue 7 and shows Doom, Wanda and Wiccan getting prepared to summon up the Life Force again to fix things. You can see their signatures in the second picture at the bottom. Jim Cheung's is very small on the left. It almost looks like a symbol. I had a picture of both of Cheung and Morales and it used to be on my Photobucket account but that site is a mess now. It used to be free but now they want you to pay a monthly fee. I have to pay a fee for one month access if I want to download some of my pictures. I may still have them on a SD
    Well that's something I can't discuss, the art was certainly beautiful and Wiccan, Wanda and Doom casting a spell should be exciting. I think that Wanda and Ickan are big powerhoused but is Doom who provides the control to manipulate so much power.

I also used to have picture in photobucket (mostly for share comic pics), but once they started asking for money I just take my information out and never entered again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    So Wanda's unable to call for an army to stop the Twins? She's not allowed to do any undercover work, post-M-Day? You think the X-men wouldn't be ok fighting the Twins when they are about to destroy the world?
    The point is not her calling for an army since she is so powerful that she can call ANY army (She could have called an Avengers army), IS SHE KIDNAPING ALL THE MUTANTS IN THE WORLD, after she promised let them be, after she promised not abuse her powers anymore, after she knows is not her right to take the decision of an estire specie just to fulfill her wishes, after she knows that they would be transported of anything they would be doing and dropped in a fight and many of them could get murdered in the battle, all the mutants in the world even the young, even the old, even those who has not any combatant power used as a meat in her personal army, that's the problem, and if she had shared her plan with somebody not stupidly in love with her maybe they could have said her how a dumb plan it was before she were totally played as she was. She wasn't doing undercover work she was betraying those who trusted her and falling face front in a trap.

Rogue was portrayed as going overboard, that's why Logan looks on in horror from far away he wants to stop her form killing Wanda but can't. Wanda's been written as feeling guilty and repented at various times post-M-Day. Judgmental how?
    And that's part of the problem, anyone angry against Wanda behavior is portrayed by the writers like "overboard" (they were in such hurry to make her look like and hero again that they just make the problem worse) and Logan wasn't so worry about Wanda being killed but about the fact that was him who basically told Rogue do it, that was her biggest regret, making Rogue and assassin and the fact that Rogue gets murdered soon latter.

Yes she is sometimes feeling a bit guilty sometimes, but is easy to question of those when she throws stuff like "Why the hell were so important for the X-men who more mutants were born?", "Ugh The X-men love to much the martyr aura, but I'm not", "Scott was such a madman" (yes like the guy was possessed for a enormous force out his control and did some regetable deeds, who hadn't so big consequences as hers) when she throws that pearls in front of a person who suffered the consequences of her madness in a total bore face, is easy to understand the disgust the character start to generate let's not say how she calls Rogue in her face one of her father hussies. So much for the loving character that she used to be.

They weren't "angry" - they immediately went for the throat of the Avengers when the Avengers and Magneto told them to back off. Attacking using mind control, violence right off the bat. I don't blame them for being angry, I blame them for forming a lynch mob. The X-men have killed before, and they weren't in the mood for restraint.
    Yes telephats use to use mind control when fighting against reality warpers and stuff like that ,and yes they used violence, that doesn't make them a lynch mob, they were wanting to take Wanda into custody since they weren't sure what is she going to do and the woman already wiped their specie once, they weren't in mood for restraint because what the Avengers was seeing as a friend who took a long vacation, the X-men sees as a mass weapon destruction who almost destroyed them all once and now is charging one more time. They had good reasons to be worry and want her into custody, still were the main group to negotiate, they were them for the kill as I said they would send X-force who is the execution group, but no, they left her more or less alone after seeing that she was not mad anymore.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Why is another thread being taken over by M-day talk? This is thread about Doom! Also, Wanda is Romani. The G word is a slur. And she has plenty of threads to talk about her past misdeeds.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

You have to admit that since Wanda and Doom will both be in the Darkhold mini series that we were bound to discuss their up and down relationship. But moving on, this just about winds up my collection of my miscellaneous Doom action figures. This one was a San Diego Comic Con exclusive done to promote the Superhero Squad show, a real favorite of mine. I saw it at a booth at one of the early ECCC shows and they wanted around $75 or $100. I don't remember exactly how much but passed on it. After a few years went by I did happen to see one on eBay at a more realistic price and bought it. This lounge wear was actually featured in a couple of episodes in season one. I love the crazy detalis like dragon slippers, the tea bag in his coffee cup and the stubble on his mask, which makes absolutely no sense! I think those are some eyeglasses pushed up on his head but I've not taken it out of the box. I guess I should do that one day. Mayor Stan Lee is favorite too.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-15-2020 at 10:47 AM.

This set features what is very likely the only kind of toy or action figure of the Beyonder. Of course it had to be the Jheri curl Disco version. Come to think of it, this might be the only one of Photon too.

This is just a round up of miscellaneous stuff I have. The largest one is from the group of action figures called Mashers. I like this one...it does make for an impressive looking Doombot if you want to look at it that way. Next to him are two Superhero Squad Doom, one with the Infinity Sword which was featured in a sort of mini arc on the show IIRC. The other are an early Funko Pop mini Doom from a few years back, a metal Doom figure that was part of a 2 pack with Reed and the recent FF Mystery Mini Gamestop variant

The figure in the packaging is similar to one Doomscribe posted about only his was the Future Foundation paint.

MARVEL LEGENDS NEWSFLASH - Future Foundation Doom

I was watching a YouTube video of sneak previews....skip ahead to the 7 minute mark. So looks like you can dispense with hunting down a custom Future Foundation Doom. I hope it's not just a repaint. So far no preview images but this video has a lot of promo photos of other things coming up.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-15-2020 at 04:22 PM.

iMan 42s

So I discovered to my horror a region where I've gone looking for Doctor Doom figures was known as "Eel town". Suddenly finding Eel constantly is making a whole lot more sense. I bought a Dengar figure instead. If people aren't so busy looking for toilet paper I'll look around the local target.

Happy to see a potential Future Foundation figure though. My comic shop has model paint so if worse comes to worse I'll just paint it green.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Eel Town? I'm stumped on that one and google wasn't much help.

I'm so glad I got my Funko Doctor Doom ECCC variant on Friday. The store I went to is now showing up as out of stock plus a few that were a bit farther away.

You have to admit that since Wanda and Doom will both be in the Darkhold mini series that we were bound to discuss their up and down relationship. But moving on, this just about winds up my collection of my miscellaneous Doom action figures. This one was a San Diego Comic Con exclusive done to promote the Superhero Squad show, a real favorite of mine. I saw it at a booth at one of the early ECCC shows and they wanted around $75 or $100. I don't remember exactly how much but passed on it. After a few years went by I did happen to see one on eBay at a more realistic price and bought it. This lounge wear was actually featured in a couple of episodes in season one. I love the crazy detalis like dragon slippers, the tea bag in his coffee cup and the stubble on his mask, which makes absolutely no sense! I think those are some eyeglasses pushed up on his head but I've not taken it out of the box. I guess I should do that one day. Mayor Stan Lee is favorite too.

Superhero Squad was a guilty pleasure of mine. It was pretty amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Superhero Squad was a guilty pleasure of mine. It was pretty amusing.
    The writing was pretty sharp at times and they'd toss in some in jokes. How can you top George Takei voice acting for Galactus? One of my favorites was the misguided love affair with Ms. Marvel and M.O.D.O.K. The online game was a lot of fun to play too when my nieces and nephews were small

The writing was pretty sharp at times and they'd toss in some in jokes. How can you top George Takei voice acting for Galactus? One of my favorites was the misguided love affair with Ms. Marvel and M.O.D.O.K. The online game was a lot of fun to play too when my nieces and nephews were small
    I played that with my nephews too. The younger one loved the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I played that with my nephews too. The younger one loved the Hulk.
    It's too bad that the company was having problems upgrading that platform and then when Disney cut off relations with them the business folded. Seems to be that is a bad outcome of the Disney acquisition of Marvel IP. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon had their plug pulled too.

Astonishing Member

It's too bad that the company was having problems upgrading that platform and then when Disney cut off relations with them the business folded. Seems to be that is a bad outcome of the Disney acquisition of Marvel IP. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon had their plug pulled too.
    That was silly corporate territory blundering, Loeb cut ties with every studio and canceled every program once he was assigned the big job. That's why we didn't have any sequels to the anime adaptions. Would have loved to see a Fantastic Four anime by madhouse.