Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The final art may have been posted in older appreciation threads, but Tom Brevoort tweeted this John Romita color composition:

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...48397251436546

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The final art may have been posted in older appreciation threads, but Tom Brevoort tweeted this John Romita color composition:

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...48397251436546

I do have that paperback but I think it has had different versions over the years. I don't recall if this one by JR sr was ever used though. Heritage Auctions lists it as a preliminary cover It sold there back in 2007 for only $95.60. That looks like a bargain to me!

I found this image of the sketches and Romita's final cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thanks, IM! Hope your niece and everyone stays safe.

Great distraction! I love Silver Age comics. Lever operated dome closure!

Thanks Reviresco... on both counts. Just trying to keep sane in these strange times. One of my older nieces has been quarantined by her doctor but I don't think she has her test results back yet. She has a part time job at Wal Mart in addition to her job at a dance studio. She and her boyfriend were planning to get married this year.

Steve Orlando talks about the Darkhold book for a few minutes in this podcast / interview. Start at 1 hour and 16 minutes. He confirms that the main characters are Doom and Scarlet Witch.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/03/29/ai...epresentation/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks Reviresco... on both counts. Just trying to keep sane in these strange times. One of my older nieces has been quarantined by her doctor but I don't think she has her test results back yet. She has a part time job at Wal Mart in addition to her job at a dance studio. She and her boyfriend were planning to get married this year.
    Oh no. Wal-Mart has waaaay too many people nowadays. I hope she's okay.

Thank you for posting that! Brevroot is posting some gems lately.

I do have that paperback but I think it has had different versions over the years. I don't recall if this one by JR sr was ever used though. Heritage Auctions lists it as a preliminary cover It sold there back in 2007 for only $95.60. That looks like a bargain to me!

I found this image of the sketches and Romita's final cover.

Great clarification! I was wondering about that myself, as I also have that trade paperback and I knew it was different.

And what a steal at that auction!

Thank you for posting that! Brevroot is posting some gems lately.

Great clarification! I was wondering about that myself, as I also have that trade paperback and I knew it was different.

And what a steal at that auction!
    Yes, I got the trade a while back before the explosion of TPBs like we get today. But I lost it when I moved some years back. I have no idea where it is ..oh well.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

There are two covers for that book. I think this was the second, or reprint version.
    Bring on The Bad Guys.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    There are two covers for that book. I think this was the second, or reprint version.
    I haven't seen that one before. But I think I like the original Romita cover.

Yes, I got the trade a while back before the explosion of TPBs like we get today. But I lost it when I moved some years back. I have no idea where it is ..oh well.

That's always annoying.

I'm with you on the 2nd cover. The first one by JR sr is better. I can't identify the artist on the reprint.

BTW, I was just on the Marvel site and at their comics store they are offering a buy one/get one offer. So if there is anything that's already been released you can buy it and something else for free. And I did get my Marvel comics to sync up on Comixology like you showed me. That is a cool feature if you use both.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-02-2020 at 09:51 PM.

I haven't seen that one before. But I think I like the original Romita cover.
    The first one by JR sr is better.
    Totally agree. Even if the reprint is an expanded version with extra material, I still LOVE the original.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Masks (other than N95s) only prevent the easy movement of droplets, so if you wear one don't have a false sense of security -- their effectiveness is very limited and you're better off keeping isolated as much as possible.
    I'd love it if a Doom fan would show their N95 compliant Doom-style mask!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'd love it if a Doom fan would show their N95 compliant Doom-style mask!
    OMG. That would be awesome! I just saw an Alien Facehugger mask, and thought that was the best, but Dr. Doom would be even better.

Look what came in the mail!

It's a cloisonne pin from the 1990s, I think.