Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

I am currently reading the Fantastic Four arc where Doom steals the Silver Surfers power in FF 58, 59, and 60. I am really loving the story. Every comic I have read Doom in has been very good and I have enjoyed them a great deal. He is quickly becoming my favorite villain taking the place of Red Skull and Magneto.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I am currently reading the Fantastic Four arc where Doom steals the Silver Surfers power in FF 58, 59, and 60. I am really loving the story. Every comic I have read Doom in has been very good and I have enjoyed them a great deal. He is quickly becoming my favorite villain taking the place of Red Skull and Magneto.
    That was one of Stan and Jack's best arcs in their Fantastic Four run. I sometimes think that Jack created his famous Kirby Krackle for Doom. At least he really brings it out in those panels with Doom bathed in the Power Cosmic. Be sure to look over the recommended reading started by Doomscribe in the old, old Doom thread that was copied over. I'm adding some stuff too. Anyone is welcome to suggest something for me to add that.

Amazing Member

checking in, loving the on going

Doctor Doom #3 is getting a second printing on January 29th. I'm guess the shops are finding themselves underestimating their orders and having customers requesting they order. I confess I am not sure exactly how this works and if there is a threshold that must be met before Marvel sends the issue back for another printing. It has been happening to other Marvel titles too.

This will be the second variant cover for the issue. They are using the armor he created / conjured? in Hell for the new cover.

BANNED

I've said as much before but Doom should've been using that hell armour from the start of this ongoing. Don't get me wrong, I think the book is great and I'm going to keep buying new issues. It’s just that at the end of the day 'Hell Doom' on the cover and on frequent splash pages is going to push more copies then having Doom run around in a tracksuit and hoodie. I don't care how hard it is to draw and keep all those baroque details consistent - just do it.

Regardless, reprints are always welcome news. This can only bode well for the future of the book as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Welcome my brother in Doom. Yeah, pretty much a classic piece of writing that there!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Doctor Doom #3 is getting a second printing on January 29th. I'm guess the shops are finding themselves underestimating their orders and having customers requesting they order. I confess I am not sure exactly how this works and if there is a threshold that must be met before Marvel sends the issue back for another printing. It has been happening to other Marvel titles too.

This will be the second variant cover for the issue. They are using the armor he created / conjured? in Hell for the new cover.

Okay so, this cover you posted? Pretty much added a major chunk of AWESOME! to my day. Thanks for posting!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I wish we had gotten a poster of this image. IMPRESSIVE!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Non spoilery but here's a panel of DOOM asking to speak to a manager, lol. I can't wait to have him back in his usual look although the hell armor was super cool too. Good issue, and I can't wait for issue #5

Doom vs the Receptionist. Brilliant.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Delivered this week were both my Hasbro Doctor Doom Legends figures. I got two so I could have a figure with both options.
    20200103_182141.jpg

My display cases have expanded as well. I'll have to share pics of the hoard at a later date.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Thanks! I can't wait to see your update on your collection. I may have to order my Doom online. I've not seen it turn up in my local stores, although I have not checked Target yet.

Come to think of it, I forgot to mention that I completed my Funko Pop Super-villain Team-up yesterday. I got my order from BoxLunch on New Year’s Eve with the new Doctor Doom and 4 of the mini FF Mystery Minis. I haven’t opened the Mystery Minis yet. I found the Marvel 80th anniversary Namor at the Second and Charles store in my area.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-04-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Delivered this week were both my Hasbro Doctor Doom Legends figures. I got two so I could have a figure with both options.
    20200103_182141.jpg

My display cases have expanded as well. I'll have to share pics of the hoard at a later date.
    Looks awesome! Can't wait to see your new displays.

Come to think of it, I forgot to mention that I completed my Funko Pop Super-villain Team-up yesterday. I got my order from BoxLunch on New Year’s Eve with the new Doctor Doom and 4 of the mini FF Mystery Minis. I haven’t opened the Mystery Minis yet. I found the Marvel 80th anniversary Namor at the Second and Charles store in my area.
    I can see I need to visit a Gamestop ASAP!

How are you keepign from opening those Mystery Minis???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I think I might to one of those unboxing things tomorrow. I will open them one by one to see if I get a Doctor Doom or not and post them here.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Oh what awesome merch Doomscribe and Iron Maiden!!! Loving how the Doom funko and the figure looks. I should be picking up my own funko next week and I will be checking in to see if they got the new figure yet. I hope there's lots more great stuff for Doom fans this year!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis