Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I could be wrong, but weren't there a couple of posters in this very thread who didn't think too kindly about Doom's appearance in Slott's F4?
    That is true. I know I didn't like it at all. It started out fine when he introduced Zora, who would become Lady Victorious . But in the Doom arc itself, Slott IMO disregards just about everything from this post SW Doom and gives us something from the Silver Age. I mean putting the FF in individual death chambers is so retro IMO. One would think he had evolved beyond that.

Saw this on tumlbr while surfing around. The owner of this commission from Esad Ribic had added it to his account at comicartfans. I like seeing the work in progress photos . This would be too rich for my bank account. I think commissions probably go for around 5,000 these days

Longtime lurker first time posting. Wanted to say this forum and thread in particular has been hugely helpful and influential in my love of comics. Doom has always been my favorite comic character so I always drop by this thread for any info on new stories of runs to read that he features in! Thanks guys!

Also I'm a huge fan of vintage Marvel comic images shirts so here's my Doom collection that I've been building up! If anyone knows of any more vintage Doom pieces please let me know!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Prof.Chaos; 04-12-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof.Chaos View Post
    Also I'm a huge fan of vintage Marvel comic images shirts so here's my Doom collection that I've been building up! If anyone knows of any more vintage Doom pieces please let me know!
    Welcome Professor. I have a small collection myself. But none as unique as these! I've yet to find a Doom 2099 shirt for myself. The oldest one I have is the Doom on a unicorn one...I have a fondness of it but the other two below are of better quality, image wise. I've worn it a lot so it's a bit faded.

Absolut Doom I got from what used to be called the We Love Fine store. The source art comes from the cover of Hickman's spinoff title FF #13, but the image of Franklin is removed

This shirt was called Villains United and comes from a Jim Cheung cover for the 1985 mini series by Mark Millar. I think you can still find these shirts hunting around the internet. The unicorn one is probably harder to find.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-12-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks Iron Maiden! Those shirts are incredible! love any shirts with artwork from John Romita Jr. but that print with all the villians on it is just insane!

Also I’ve been trying to catch up with the current Doom runs most recently with Avengers vs FF and his own solo run. Love his reunion with Valeria and interactions with Charles and thought it was clever that Victor might’ve gotten that bases for his “Von Doom” Particles during his adventures with Dr. Koul during the Marvel Two-in-one run. As much as a loved the Infamous Iron character I always felt that his appearances and arc within his Marvel-Two-One run were more interesting and compelling. Really disappointed his meeting with the new council of Richards during that run ended up being pretty much nothing.

Also I just noticed the other day that Doom 2020 is wearing a filtered mask lol what a coincidence.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

T-shirts, yes I have a few. Made some myself too. I like how you display yours, I don't wear mine but they're hanging up.

The first is the oldest, but I think I have an older one, it's embroidered not screen printed. The second is from Mad Engine. Tokidoki did a couple different ones.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    T-shirts, yes I have a few. Made some myself too. I like how you display yours, I don't wear mine but they're hanging up.

The first is the oldest, but I think I have an older one, it's embroidered not screen printed. The second is from Mad Engine. Tokidoki did a couple different ones.
    Those shirts are incredible!! I particularly love the Mad Engine one! I forgot to post a Mega print of Doom that I managed to find after a long while a few weeks back. The shirt is from 1992 but love how Doom's rocking the white robe.

Those shirts are incredible!! I particularly love the Mad Engine one! I forgot to post a Mega print of Doom that I managed to find after a long while a few weeks back. The shirt is from 1992 but love how Doom's rocking the white robe.
    This one kind of reminds me of Jae Lee's Doom in the Namor series. Boy, if this one is from 1992, they sure were foreseeing Doom's Future Foundation white!

Thanks Iron Maiden! Those shirts are incredible! love any shirts with artwork from John Romita Jr. but that print with all the villians on it is just insane!

Also I’ve been trying to catch up with the current Doom runs most recently with Avengers vs FF and his own solo run. Love his reunion with Valeria and interactions with Charles and thought it was clever that Victor might’ve gotten that bases for his “Von Doom” Particles during his adventures with Dr. Koul during the Marvel Two-in-one run. As much as a loved the Infamous Iron character I always felt that his appearances and arc within his Marvel-Two-One run were more interesting and compelling. Really disappointed his meeting with the new council of Richards during that run ended up being pretty much nothing.
    Yes, I know what you mean. I had a discussion about this when that issue came out and I completely misread it. I assumed that the one Victor was talking to in the Council's room was the Reed that Victor went to school with, etc. A poster here argued the opposite and I have to say they were right since Reed would have been off rebuilding the universe with his family and the Future Foundation kids. But I hope someone revisits this new reconstituted Council some day. And we really need to see a proper Parliament of Dooms. Hickman had to cut his original story short since he would soon be moved over to the Avengers titles when Bendis stepped down.

As for the reunion with Valeria, I hope Cantwell goes back to that. Is it truly her soul trapped in Hell or a construct of Mephisto? That is another dangling plot point, along with whatever it is Mistress Death will expect from him now that he owes his return to life to her.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

As you all recall, last year I had been searching high and low and through many comics to find the origin of the "Lion of Latveria" nickname for Doom since it was something I had not seen anywhere though it surely existed in some way, and everyone in the thread tried to find it out too but we couldn't, well since then I had a pin up commission done for Doom which I call the "Lion of Latveria". Finally found it today when another fan posted their reading of Magneto: The Chaos Engine Trilogy (book 2) by Steven A. Roman, so that mystery is solved!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Eureka! I guess that is why I never really found it in the comics! (although I feel it's out there somewhere)

I read this whole trilogy so that's why it stuck in my brain too. Thanks for solving the mystery!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Eureka! I guess that is why I never really found it in the comics! (although I feel it's out there somewhere)

I read this whole trilogy so that's why it stuck in my brain too. Thanks for solving the mystery!
    Thanks for your help during this as well! I have not read this book yet, but it's going on my list for future reading!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Spectacular Member

Guys, Doom ever transmuted someone with magic? Like turn a person in a goat or a mouse?