Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was checking out to see if there were any new Doom items out there and I was surprised to see that Kohl's has a flock of Doctor Doom T-shirts. I have not seen these before!

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I saw that they were available on Amazon too. I like the "many expressions of Dr. Doom" - clever.

Not sure if they are officially licensed, I don't see the Marvel logo on any of them though.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    I saw that they were available on Amazon too. I like the "many expressions of Dr. Doom" - clever.

Not sure if they are officially licensed, I don't see the Marvel logo on any of them though.
    I would have to think that if Kohl's is carrying them on their store site, they must be. I think the Kohl's in my area are allowed to be open this week. I should check them out and see if they have these in stock. If not I will order one while they are still 20 % off.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

These shirts look great, I will have to get one myself, thanks for posting about it!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    These shirts look great, I will have to get one myself, thanks for posting about it!
    One day someone has to come up with a SVTU T-shirt!

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

So I really enjoyed the first trade of Cantwell's Doom series, I look forward to seeing where it goes... and what's really behind these visions.

The biggest eyebrow raiser was when Morgan lowered Doom's scarf and we got such a clear look at his face. Call me old school, but I am still of the opinion that it should never be shown... I still wish Secret Wars 2015 didn't do it. Now I know these aren't the original scars, this is what the Hood did to him but... I guess I'm a sucker for tradition.

Of course, I'm also a sucker for the Kirby-based idea that Doom has one small scar on his cheek.

I know what you mean. At first, I didn't like Kirby going back on what was set up a long time ago, and that is that Doom's face was badly scarred. After all, Stan and Jack are witness to it themselves!

The Jack Kirby museum (run by the Kirby family as I recall) is hosting a video that shows Jack Kirby drawing Doom without his mask and explaining the small scar idea. Kirby does add a psychological element to it that makes it a lot darker look into Doom's psyche. It also disproves something I saw in an article once and that was that Kirby would start at the top corner of a page and work his way down.

I wonder who has possession of this sketch now?

As for the current series, I am watching out for any updates on when Doctor Doom #7 is going to see the light of day. I hope we don't have to wait all the way until July for a comic that was on the verge of being shipped on April 1st.

Another stunning Doom portrait by Alex Maleev.....and he's taking offers. I'm sure this will go to 5 figures at least so I am out of the running on that!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Another stunning Doom portrait by Alex Maleev.....and he's taking offers. I'm sure this will go to 5 figures at least so I am out of the running on that!

I love Maleev's Doom art. If I had enough I would buy one but alas tis far to rich for my blood.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I love Maleev's Doom art. If I had enough I would buy one but alas tis far to rich for my blood.
    You and me both! I should start buying lottery tickets again if he is going to sell any more like this! The colors are really beautiful....with a beam of light shining down as if he were being conferred for knighthood
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-13-2020 at 03:39 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Its gorgeous. Wish I could buy one too.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

I actually reached out to him about this one, but it was sold by the time I got to it. Only went for $1200. On the bright side, I'm on his list for commissions now.

Quote Originally Posted by spike1228 View Post
    I actually reached out to him about this one, but it was sold by the time I got to it. Only went for $1200. On the bright side, I'm on his list for commissions now.
    Wow....is that all? $1200 seems on the low side for a Maleev. I've seen some stuff listed for $5,000 May I ask what are his rates for a commission? I'm curious as the size of the one he sold also.....8 X 10 or thereabouts?

Amazing Member

11x17 or 12x16, was $750. Was easy to say yes to. Most of hi art is in that size range.

Thanks for the reply and good luck with your commission. I imagine he sets up a queue and lets you know where your piece is in the line.