Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Things are looking up for any FF or Doom merchandise now that the Marvel/Disney owns the IP

Now for the first Mini Mystery Figure unboxing ..... just imagine you hear a drum roll here

So here are the Four Boxes.

Each figure has some probability odds attached to them, with the most rare being a variant of Reed (his left arm is down...big deal!) and the Mole Man (?). Namor and Galactus are 1/36 but my odds are pretty good with Doom being 1/12

And now for the reveal !!!

Not bad ... I wouldn't mind getting the FF themselves. The Torch and the Invisible Woman look good except Sue's hair style looks *blah*

Another reveal to come later!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-05-2020 at 01:21 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Oh, I guess that's me not paying attention, the Reed I picked up was the rarest of the set. Huh. To think I was almost going to toss it in the trash. The mole person one is pretty rare in the set too. I must be doing something right ... 20200105_130559.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Things are looking up for any FF or Doom merchandise now that the Marvel/Disney owns the IP

Now for the first Mini Mystery Figure unboxing ..... just imagine you hear a drum roll here

So here are the Four Boxes.

Each figure has some probability odds attached to them, with the most rare being a variant of Reed (his left arm is down...big deal!) and the Mole Man (?). Namor and Galactus are 1/36 but my odds are pretty good with Doom being 1/12

And now for the reveal !!!

Not bad ... I wouldn't mind getting the FF themselves. The Torch and the Invisible Woman look good except Sue's hair style looks *blah*

Another reveal to come later!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Oh, I guess that's me not paying attention, the Reed I picked up was the rarest of the set. Huh. To think I was almost going to toss it in the trash. The mole person one is pretty rare in the set too. I must be doing something right ... 20200105_130559.jpg

This is exciting!!

They look fabulous!

I'm a bit disappointed, however, as I thought these guys would be in foil packs, and I could feel them up to find the trident carrying figure. I can't do that with a box. We may have to set up a trading thread.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

They do come in a black plastic wrapper and by feeling this one I was pretty sure what figure it was

The second unboxing is...........................

Johnny Storm, The Human Torch

I could tell by touch that this was the figure because he is pretty vertical with kind of a pointy head

Two more chances to see if I get DOCTOR DOOM!!!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-05-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Yeah, I don't know how the eBay market is on these but it wouldn't hurt to check. But as long as you got them, I'd just keep them. No Ben yet to complete the FF?

Be back soon with the Third Box of the Day! I'm heading to Target to check for the Marvel Legends Doom

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

They do come in a black plastic wrapper and by feeling this one I was pretty sure what figure it was

The second unboxing is...........................

Johnny Storm, The Human Torch

I could tell by touch that this was the figure because he is pretty vertical with kind of a pointy head

Two more chances to see if I get DOCTOR DOOM!!!

Nice! These guys are bigger than I thought they were going to be. Thing looks awesome! You could indeed be getting the F4!

Yes, but I can't feel them up BEFORE I buy the box. Ah well. The unboxing is fun ... at least watching you guys.

Yeah, I don't know how the eBay market is on these but it wouldn't hurt to check. But as long as you got them, I'd just keep them. No Ben yet to complete the FF?

Be back soon with the Third Box of the Day! I'm heading to Target to check for the Marvel Legends Doom
    I need to hit up Gamestop.

And yes, these guys are already on eBay.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I was at Target today, and didn't see the Marvel Legends Doom there nor any of the others in that set. There were other figures of the same type with a "build a figure" too - for this set if you get all in the set you build a Super Skrull figure. These other figures were all priced at $19.99, so I paid only a little bit more than list (the price I paid from Game Stop online was 24.99 each, shipping included).

On the Mini-pop figures: Yes to the feeling up the bag - I correctly guessed each figure in the bag before cutting it open. I suppose you could sell it on ebay as "unopened" that way, if you wanted. I'll probably just hold on to the non Doom figures for now, although I do try to limit the outliers as much as possible. Must have maximum Doom presence.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

iMan 42s

I still can't find Doom locally and yet I can find mass quantities of the Eel figure. I guess Amazon it is.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

And now for the Third Unboxing ............................

Sweet Aunt Petunia, it's another Thing

Only one more chance left to see if I can score a Doctor Doom..... I'd settle for a Namor too

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I still can't find Doom locally and yet I can find mass quantities of the Eel figure. I guess Amazon it is.
    My area has such poor selection in toys and collectibles since Toys R Us closed. I checked Gamestop and Target today and they still old old stuff like Antman and Wasp. Maybe they haven't done any new ordering after Christmas. It was still pretty picked over. Lots of Fortnite stuff in stock though.

I had more luck with the Funko Pop Namor at 2nd and Charles. But very little in the Marvel Legends line. They have the most in those around in my area.

I may go online before they get snapped up by the speculators that want to jack up the prices. And I will check out Books A Million or Hot Topic to see if they have some FF Mystery Minis some time this week.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-05-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Oh I hope you find DOOM in the last unboxing!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

And Now We Have The Fourth and Final Unboxing (*trumpet fanfare)

And it's NAMOR THE SUB-MARINER !!!

Hey, looks like we have a special guest appearance by Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, accompanied by a Doombot that apparently took a severe blow to the head

So, I struck out on getting Doctor Doom but I'll take this with no complaints. Namor is a 1/24 so he's a more difficult figure to get and now I have half of my Super-Villain Team-Up.

THE QUEST CONTINUES!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-05-2020 at 06:47 PM.

I wish you luck for your quest, Iron Maiden!

Following the unboxing was quite intense !... Loved it. So one human torch, half a super-villain team up squad, and a full set of Things for a remake of This Man This Monster : not bad! (And now I also imagine full stories with Elvira and Doombot.. )
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Glad you got a kick out of the unboxing. I do have to keep an eye on Elvira. She has been flirting with Namor!

The previews for Wednesday's Savage Avengers #9 are out and I admit I almost forgot about this title. It's been better than I expected and the team-up with Doom, Doctor Strange and Conan has been gold. I don't think it's a spoiler to say that Doom really wasn't decapitated in the last issue since he is still on the covers of upcoming issues you can find in the Marvel Solicitations for February, etc.

I am really liking the art team of Patrick Zircher and the colorist Java Tartaglia. It reminds me of the days of the Warren Publications of the 1960s and 70s