Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Diamond Select revealed a new Doom animation style statue available for orders in July and shipping this winter.

Marvel Animated-Style Doctor Doom Statue

A Gentle Giant Ltd. Diamond Select Toys Release! Doctor Doom returns! Based on the variant cover artwork of Marvel Comics, this statue of the Latverian monarch depicts him in a pensive pose, perhaps debating which of his adorable attacks to unleash on an unsuspecting foe. Measuring approximately 5” tall, this statue features detailed sculpting and paint applications and comes packaged in a full-color box with a certificate of authenticity. Sculpted by Paul Harding. (Item: # JUL201915, SRP: $49.99)

The figure looks like the Scottie Young version seen on some variant covers for Secret Wars (2015) But 50 bucks? I'll have to see what it looks like...and it is cute.

Nice group of figures being offered for December .I just wish Doom's was in the more "serious" style as the Boba Fett, Superman, etc. ones

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

That Doom mask is NOT a favorite, but I thought this image another doom fan posted was funny XD

Still getting the comic when it comes out though but I wish we could have kept the Hell Armor for a while longer, now that was freaking cool.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Oh, hell yeah on that Hell Armor. I think it would put Larocca behind schedule if he had to draw it every issue. But it needs to show up again! I have no idea what is going on with the mask with tusks. I'm just glad when the colorists remember that Doom should have brown eyes. But those previews are going to drive me nuts just trying to figure out why Doom is riding a bear.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

It's cute enough to put on my "cute" Doom side of the house. I'll let you know when I get it.
    DS
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    It's cute enough to put on my "cute" Doom side of the house. I'll let you know when I get it.
    DS
    Thanks! I am tempted to add him to the cute side of my collection, like the Funko Pops

Hi guys! I’m new here. Well, in truth you’ve been my source of information regarding Doctor Doom for months but I was too shy to actually enter a conversation with you. It took me so long to pluck up the courage, but after living isolated for months I really needed to share my passion/enthusiasm for Doom with someone. None of my friends is a comic books fan, I think they find me annoying when I talk about anything nerdy. I really need to speak with someone or I think I’m gonna blow up!
    Oh, and I’m not a native speaker, so forgive my bad English.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    Hi guys! I’m new here. Well, in truth you’ve been my source of information regarding Doctor Doom for months but I was too shy to actually enter a conversation with you. It took me so long to pluck up the courage, but after living isolated for months I really needed to share my passion/enthusiasm for Doom with someone. None of my friends is a comic books fan, I think they find me annoying when I talk about anything nerdy. I really need to speak with someone or I think I’m gonna blow up!
    Your English is very good so don't worry about that. Welcome to our little section of the message boards!

Just to add something new, some cool art I found while browsing the internet.

Doctor Doom portrait by Andrew Robinson

2020 Commission by John Paul Leon

Sometimes it gets hard to sort out the click bait stories for one that actually might have some truth in it....

Marvel is Beginning to Lay the Groundwork for Their Greatest Villain in the MCU

The author doesn't name a source so one has to keep that in mind. He has worked for IGN in the past and that adds some cred to his report.

Doom and Lucia Von Bardas last tangled in Brubaker's Winter Soldier series back in 2012 and things did not go well for her. She was created by Bendis for his Secret War mini series. She served as Prime Minister of Latveria during one of Doom's "vacations" from the monarchy. In cartoons she has appeared as a cyborg who serves Doom. I suspect if this is true this would probably be the way she would be introduced.

Isn’t Doomstadt supposed to appear in WandaVision? Really looks like they mean to set up Latveria first, that's good… if any of this is true, of course.

Your English is very good so don't worry about that. Welcome to our little section of the message boards!
    Thank you!

Isn’t Doomstadt supposed to appear in WandaVision? Really looks like they mean to set up Latveria first, that's good… if any of this is true, of course.

Thank you!
    I didn't know that about WandaVision and if that is so that will be really interesting. The MCU doesn't always line up directly to the comics so there is no back story like Victor and Wanda's near wedding to bring up. But it will be interesting to see if his name is even mentioned in the series.

I didn't know that about WandaVision and if that is so that will be really interesting.
    I remembered reading about it somewhere. Now I’ve looked for it again and apparently it's a pretty old rumor that started from the twit of an actress who claimed to be on WandaVision's cast… it died there. 99% rubbish. Never mind

It certainly would be interesting, though, if they do with Latveria what they did with Wakanda and build up the background for Victor before introducing him.

I remembered reading about it somewhere. Now I’ve looked for it again and apparently it's a pretty old rumor that started from the twit of an actress who claimed to be on WandaVision's cast… it died there. 99% rubbish. Never mind

It certainly would be interesting, though, if they do with Latveria what they did with Wakanda and build up the background for Victor before introducing him.
    That would be the way that I would think would work out the best.

If I had the power to suggest something to Marvel Studios, I think one way to introduce the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom into the MCU is to take the basic story of John Byrne's classic story in FF #236 - - "Terror in a Tiny Town". It would serve the dual purpose of introducing the characters to the MCU and give them their original status back as the start of the MU in comics. It could explain why they weren't in the early MCU films. They could all have been trapped in the artificial world of Liddleville for some length of time while the rest of the characters were just getting started. Besides, it is one of my all time favorite FF / Doom stories

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-23-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Welcome my brother in Doom! Glad to have you! And your English is likely better than mine and I live in the US!

Also...

Doctor Doom is the greatest super villain in the history of super villains!

As if you didnt already know!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Guys! Check out the exclusive cover by Salvador Larroca for the italian edition of Doctor Doom vol.1!

This volume will also feature an afterword by Larroca, sketches and other bonus material.

Looks like the italian publisher really liked the series. They praised it a lot in their preview magazine. It certainly wasn't the luckiest series to come out this year: it first was supposed to be published issue by issue on Fantastic Four in May, then it was made a stand-alone volume and then Covid struck so it got delayed… twice, first to June, now July 16th. Really hope they won’t delay it again. I can’t wait to read it in my own language, I’m curious to see how certain things have been translated.

And we’re getting Books of Doom in August too! About damn time! I have the single issues but I’ve been looking for it in volume for ages! The american edition is impossible to find if not at totally unreasonable prices. Looks like Doom’s getting his italian summer of fame! I’m overjoyed!  
    Last edited by FRC Coazze; 06-24-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Guys! Check out the exclusive cover by Salvador Larroca for the italian edition of Doctor Doom vol.1!

This volume will also feature an afterword by Larroca, sketches and other bonus material.

Looks like the italian publisher really liked the series. They praised it a lot in their preview magazine. It certainly wasn't the luckiest series to come out this year: it first was supposed to be published issue by issue on Fantastic Four in May, then it was made a stand-alone volume and then Covid struck so it got delayed… twice, first to June, now July 16th. Really hope they won’t delay it again. I can’t wait to read it in my own language, I’m curious to see how certain things have been translated.

And we’re getting Books of Doom in August too! About damn time! I have the single issues but I’ve been looking for it in volume for ages! The american edition is impossible to find if not at totally unreasonable prices. Looks like Doom’s getting his italian summer of fame! I’m overjoyed!  
    Wow.....I really love that cover. Larocca has some wonderful details in there except I can't make out the title of the book on the left. Thanks for posting this! Even though I would never be able to read it I would love it for the cover alone and the bonus features. I hope that when they collect the next volume when the current arc is finished that Marvel includes some of the sketches etc. Now that the series has Eisner cred they should make a deluxe version of issues 1-10

You are certainly correct about the series having a streak of bad luck. Who would have thought the world would be dealing with a pandemic and the deaths of almost half a million souls? I fear that number might be low.

So have you read any of the series or was Marvel holding it back for European release?