Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I forgot to mention how crazy this is. If the squirrel is alone and without Doreen then he's a non-factor I think Doom could handle the Alien & the Predator singly but together. That would be tough but maybe this is when he could either use his force field or use his magical teleporting powers we saw in Infamous Iron Man. I wish his current armor had the phasing capabilities of his Doom 2099 version.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    From CBR/Line it is Drawn...

Dr. Doom
    VS.
    The Predator & Aliens
    (plus a squirrel)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I forgot to mention how crazy this is. If the squirrel is alone and without Doreen then he's a non-factor I think Doom could handle the Alien & the Predator singly but together. That would be tough but maybe this is when he could either use his force field or use his magical teleporting powers we saw in Infamous Iron Man. I wish his current armor had the phasing capabilities of his Doom 2099 version.
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, Iron Maiden. I'm also hoping Doom does well (Fingers Crossed )...

Extraordinary Member

New to this thread, but I've been meaning to ask you guys this: anybody else think that Doom should be a leading candidate for the next Big Bad of the MCU?

There’s plenty of room to adapt him better than he has been before, and all the advantages he has as a villain could easily fit into the vacuum left by both Thano’s exit and the death of Tony.

If it were me... I’d have someone show up early into Phase 4 who is Doom’s herald, from a Latveria that ha semerged as a regional power during the Snap. I’d have that herald speak of Doom in the reverent and theatrical tone that the character has kind of missed in the love action appearances, have Dolm eventually make an appearance... but have *that* Doom be revealed as a Doombot decoy, at which point it turns out the herald is actually Doom in a magical disguise... and he continues to speak of himself in the third person, but in a more restrained and sinister manner.

Also, here’s an idea I had for an MCU decoy Doombot design:
    2992DD71-91A0-4093-B0B1-3814B2D057C4.jpg
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    New to this thread, but I've been meaning to ask you guys this: anybody else think that Doom should be a leading candidate for the next Big Bad of the MCU?

There’s plenty of room to adapt him better than he has been before, and all the advantages he has as a villain could easily fit into the vacuum left by both Thano’s exit and the death of Tony.

If it were me... I’d have someone show up early into Phase 4 who is Doom’s herald, from a Latveria that has emerged as a regional power during the Snap. I’d have that herald speak of Doom in the reverent and theatrical tone that the character has kind of missed in the love action appearances, have Dolm eventually make an appearance... but have *that* Doom be revealed as a Doombot decoy, at which point it turns out the herald is actually Doom in a magical disguise... and he continues to speak of himself in the third person, but in a more restrained and sinister manner.

Wow....Very regal looking. I love all the Doom fan art we've been getting here this past week.

I don't know if you've been following all the stuff from the rumor mill but there has been some interesting things put forth:

The Russo Brothers (directors of Avengers Endgame, etc) expressed an interest bringing Doom to the MU back in 2019

Back in 2018, Noah Hawley (currently directing Star Trek 4) announced that he had finished a script that he had begun in 2017 for a Doctor Doom solo movie for Fox. But now that the sale of Fox film studios to Disney/Marvel, that project went into limbo

Several weeks ago I posted about the rumor for a Doom-related end of credits scene that will allegedly appear with the Black Widow release. But the way things are going here in the U.S. I am beginning to doubt there will be a theatrical release. I really miss going to the movies. Lucia Von Bardas has appeared in the animated Marvel series along with the comics. I think her last appearances were in Bendis's Invincible Iron Man and after that in Spider-Man #239. Hard to say if this story about her being in the MCU is true. She could either be in the service of Doom or a rival. This is similar to what you are proposing...have Doom introduced indirectly, through reputation or by learning of him by word of mouth, rumor, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I didn't see this. Why didn't I see this? This is great. I love the fur.
    I'm working on a new artwork, this time is Victor with little Valeria (been inspired by X-Men/Fantastic Four, of which I still haven't read the last issue 'cause I'm waiting for it to arrive from London and I'm carefully avoiding the spoiler thread). I'm thinking of adding fur to my Doom's cloak... he looks great with it. He wears an ermine cloak in Doomwar if I'm not mistaken, and on Doctor Doom #2 cover (ermine too I think, but it's difficult to say).

And speaking of which: I'm so disappointed that Doctor Doom didn't win the Eisner Award... it was to be expected, but I still feel so sad about it

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    I didn't see this. Why didn't I see this? This is great. I love the fur.
    I'm working on a new artwork, this time is Victor with little Valeria (been inspired by X-Men/Fantastic Four, of which I still haven't read the last issue 'cause I'm waiting for it to arrive from London and I'm carefully avoiding the spoiler thread). I'm thinking of adding fur to my Doom's cloak... he looks great with it. He wears an ermine cloak in Doomwar if I'm not mistaken, and on Doctor Doom #2 cover (ermine too I think, but it's difficult to say).

And speaking of which: I'm so disappointed that Doctor Doom didn't win the Eisner Award... it was to be expected, but I still feel so sad about it
    Oh, me too. But I tend to think that the Eisners tend to favor the work of independent companies. I still think of it as a positive that the comic got the nomination and maybe it will draw in new readers when it finally returns in September

Doom did have a fur trimmed cloak in the recent Fantastic Four arc, the only thing I find worth remembering

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-28-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Oh, me too. But I tend to think that the Eisners tend to favor the work of independent companies. I still think of it as a positive that the comic got the nomination and maybe it will draw in new readers when it finally returns in September

Doom did have a fur trimmed cloak in the recent Fantastic Four arc, the only think I find worth remembering

All this talk about Doom having a fur-trimmed cloak reminded me of this image...

Doom did have a fur trimmed cloak in the recent Fantastic Four arc, the only think I find worth remembering
    You're right! I forgot about that. I tend to erase anything related to that story arc. I still didn't get over what Sue did to Victor. I know he's the villain and certainly not a good person, but that was just cruel. I honestly felt so bad for him. I was so upset I dropped the title No idea what's going on with the Fantastic Four right now.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    All this talk about Doom having a fur-trimmed cloak reminded me of this image...

Yes! That's the King of Earth Doom from Doomwar! He looks awesome. That design is so cool!

One Doom that doesn't get much attention these days and that is Victor Van Damme from the Ultimate Fantastic Four. His original look included some ragged tunic and cloak along with the infamous goat lets. I guess Marvel must have gotten a lot of negative feedback because later on Victor Von Damme becomes a more conventional looking Doom, but with a fur trimmed cape (art by Greg Land)

I do have some pity for neglected Ultimate Doctor Doom. He was last seen fighting Spider-Man during the final incursion between the Earth of the Ultimate Universe and the Prime MU Earth. But nothing has been done with him since.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    You're right! I forgot about that. I tend to erase anything related to that story arc. I still didn't get over what Sue did to Victor. I know he's the villain and certainly not a good person, but that was just cruel. I honestly felt so bad for him. I was so upset I dropped the title No idea what's going on with the Fantastic Four right now.

Yes! That's the King of Earth Doom from Doomwar! He looks awesome. That design is so cool!
    Maybe Doom can find a way to make Susan Storm pay for what she did to him?

Hello guys, hope y’all doing great and staying safe.

Since Cantwell is bout to write Iron Man comics. I wanna know your thoughts on the current Dr Dooms run. Both pros and cons. Ranging from Story to characterisation.

Merci!
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Hello guys, hope y’all doing great and staying safe.

Since Cantwell is bout to write Iron Man comics. I wanna know your thoughts on the current Dr Dooms run. Both pros and cons. Ranging from Story to characterisation.

Merci!
    Thanks, I hope you're doing well too.

First of all, the one thing that I found interesting is that Cantwell is doing another character who is first of all famous for his armor and more interesting has frequently teamed up or fought against Doctor Doom. It wasn't that long ago that Doom was Infamous Iron Man.

I really can't say enough good things about the Doom series. It always surprises me and that is good....a fresh take on a character with a long and varied history in the MU. I think the only thing that frustrates me a bit is that we have still have some things that need follow up.

What exactly are Mistress Death's plans for Doom?
    Who was that person in the shadows that is pulling the strings in Symkaria?
    And Doom needs to go rescue Valeria from Mephisto someday
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-28-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks, I hope you're doing well too.
    Thanks thanks

First of all, the one thing that I found interesting is that Cantwell is doing another character who is first of all famous for his armor and more interesting has frequently teamed up or fought against Doctor Doom. It wasn't that long ago that Doom was Infamous Iron Man.
    Oh yess! I hope they reference it or something. I liked em together lel

I really can't say enough good things about the Doom series. I always surprises me and that is good....a fresh take on a character with a long and varied history in the MU. I think the only thing that frustrates me a bit is that we have still have some things that need follow up.
    That’s good to know, I really hope he nails iron man. That franchise means a lot to me TT^TT

What exactly are Mistress Death's plans for Doom?
    Who was that person in the shadows that is pulling the strings in Symkaria?
    And Doom needs to go rescue Valeria from Mephisto someday
    I‘m kinda clueless about Dooms run but I hope he covers these plots. Is the run cancelled? Or ongoing?

Thanks thanks

Oh yess! I hope they reference it or something. I liked em together lel
    I find it interesting that the two heroes that Doom seems to gravitate, either as rivals or allies is Tony Stark and Stephen Strange. They balance out because he can keep up with Stephen at sorcery and with Tony in matters of technology. They even compare notes about wine and art from time to time.

That’s good to know, I really hope he nails iron man. That franchise means a lot to me TT^TT
    Me too. I certainly plan to try it out the new Iron Man series

I‘m kinda clueless about Dooms run but I hope he covers these plots. Is the run cancelled? Or ongoing?
    It had the unfortunate timing of having issue #7 due to ship on April 1st here in the U.S. I had already left it on my pull list at the comic shop I go to but at that point he wasn't sure want the orders would be....Close completely or limited service. They were allowed to to curb side pick ups but the trouble was getting the shipments. The owner was angry because the Fed Express delivery man claimed he attempted delivery but the shop wasn't open. The owner was angry with that excuse because he always is in the shop early for the day of comic book shipments. I read here on the board that some of the posters found out that many shipments went back to Diamond but Diamond Distributers were closed. So it's anybody's guess where those comics that were shipped ended up.

The series will return on September 23rd. Cantwell had Tweeted that everything was written, drawn and inked up to issue #10. I hope we get at least an issue #11 and #12. It's not clear to me if the series will end or if he plans on staying on both series. He's not said anything about that.

I find it interesting that the two heroes that Doom seems to gravitate, either as rivals or allies is Tony Stark and Stephen Strange. They balance out because he can keep up with Stephen at sorcery and with Tony in matters of technology. They even compare notes about wine and art from time to time
    Yesss, Doom can get along with dope characters. Doom is a balanced character, he’s an alchemist. Got both magic and science under his belt

Me too. I certainly plan to try it out the new Iron Man series
    Ooh that’s amazing! The art is stunning so W.

It had the unfortunate timing of having issue #7 due to ship on April 1st here in the U.S. I had already left it on my pull list at the comic shop I go to but at that point he wasn't sure want the orders would be....Close completely or limited service. They were allowed to to curb side pick ups but the trouble was getting the shipments. The owner was angry because the Fed Express delivery man claimed he attempted delivery but the shop wasn't open. The owner was angry with that excuse because he always is in the shop early for the day of comic book shipments. I read here on the board that some of the posters found out that many shipments went back to Diamond but Diamond Distributers were closed. So it's anybody's guess where those comics that were shipped ended up.

The series will return on September 23rd. Cantwell had Tweeted that everything was written, drawn and inked up to issue #10. I hope we get at least an issue #11 and #12. It's not clear to me if the series will end or if he plans on staying on both series. He's not said anything about that.
    Oh damn, what a mess. This Covid-19 situation got me messed up. I hope Cantwell can keep up with two huge solos and have them crossover.